• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,778 posts in this topic

You seem to have a good idea of what people buy at shows, kimik. If you don't mind my asking, how many copies of Scooby-Doo Team-Up #12 have you picked up to sell later at shows? Do you think this issue has legs in 2016?

I was shut out at every store I went to. I called my file LCS on Monday but they did not order any. My guess is that I would have had no problem selling them for $50 - $75 (with the last copies at $100) at the three day Edmonton Expo this weekend as it would have a buzz to it.

It should have legs into 2016 as well as it is a Harley appearance. The demand will lower than for the regular title as only fans that know what it is will chase it, but I can see it being a $20+ book. At the least it will be like every other recent Harley issue - price it at 2x to 3x cover and watch them sell.........

pm that name of that store Jimmy.... I can't find any in the gta

If he's talking about the comic store in Belleville, then they sold out Day 1. If he's talking about another store, then I think the print run on this issue is over 10,000 because I know Need A Hero Comics ordered over 100 copies.

called a couple of store today in Mississauga and Brampton area...... ZERO, NADA, SOLD OUT (or maybe the LCS is just holding out)

Either way... I think the initial impact of the book is dying down.... I'm seeing around $11 on ebay now. Hopefully by the end of next week, it'll return to regular price....

Nothing to see here folks move along..... :whistle:

pm that name of that store Jimmy.... I can't find any in the gta

If he's talking about the comic store in Belleville, then they sold out Day 1. If he's talking about another store, then I think the print run on this issue is over 10,000 because I know Need A Hero Comics ordered over 100 copies.

The store is in Kitchener.

They'll be set up in London this weekend. PM Me if you need more details.

Preacher Preview CGC 9.8

In auction format, one sold 9/6 for $698. I sold mine this morning with a BIN of $900, which blows GPA away by a couple hundred dollars. It probably helped that the cheapest available besides mine was $1500 but still......................

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PREACHER-PREVIEW-nn-CGC-9-8-White-Pages-First-Jesse-Custer-Pre-1-30-ON-EARTH-/381358757359?hash=item58cac0d5ef

Wow Really.

Great Googly Moogly

Scooby Team up

Scooby Team up again

Yep. The end is close near. :preach:

fixed that for ya!

What’s the difference between "close" and "near"? I believed they had more or less the same meaning. hm

when talking about distance, they are the same thing. outside of that, they go all over the place.

someone just likes making post counts go up.

Actually no, with apologies to Valliant who is truly asking for clarity, as he's Italian and it's a good question regarding the use of one word over the other. It actually relates to cartoons of days past, where the typical portrayal of the doomsayer was the old guy with the long beard walking around with a sign on a post predicting the apocalypse, with the sign saying, "The End is Nigh! (or Near!)"

I'm really surprised that deathtohemingway couldn't grasp it. . . . :grin:

But it's the rarest Harley book of All-times? And you'd better hurry because there's only three and a half hours left (east coast) until the end of the day! It could be worth $50 by then.

But it's the rarest Harley book of All-times? And you'd better hurry because there's only three and a half hours left (east coast) until the end of the day! It could be worth $50 by then.

:roflmao:

Mega Man live action movie in the works.

Any comics worth picking up now?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/09/04/mega-man-live-action-movie-in-development/

His first comics were in Japanese and are impossible to find. I am not sure what his first American comic appearance is. Maybe the 2003 series (shrug) I checked to see if he was ever in the Valiant Captain N series but he was was only on the animated show and not in the comic.

You may want to check again! I am almost positive one of the Valiant Nintendo oversized softcover TPBs teases MegaMan on the front cover. Wish I had time right now to refresh my memory.

Yep Archie Comics Puts out Mega Man comics :)

Mega Man live action movie in the works.

Any comics worth picking up now?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/09/04/mega-man-live-action-movie-in-development/

His first comics were in Japanese and are impossible to find. I am not sure what his first American comic appearance is. Maybe the 2003 series (shrug) I checked to see if he was ever in the Valiant Captain N series but he was was only on the animated show and not in the comic.

You may want to check again! I am almost positive one of the Valiant Nintendo oversized softcover TPBs teases MegaMan on the front cover. Wish I had time right now to refresh my memory.

Yep Archie Comics Puts out Mega Man comics :)

Just want to note I corrected myself here: I confused Metroid with MegaMan for Valiant Nintendo.

Wow Really.

Great Googly Moogly

Scooby Team up

Scooby Team up again

fixed that for ya!

What’s the difference between "close" and "near"? I believed they had more or less the same meaning. hm

when talking about distance, they are the same thing. outside of that, they go all over the place.

Actually no, with apologies to Valliant who is truly asking for clarity, as he's Italian and it's a good question regarding the use of one word over the other. It actually relates to cartoons of days past, where the typical portrayal of the doomsayer was the old guy with the long beard walking around with a sign on a post predicting the apocalypse, with the sign saying, "The End is Nigh! (or Near!)"

Thanks, but otherwise they would have the same meaning?

I ask because in italian they both translate as "vicino", but I realize that "close" might mean "closer" than "near"?

It’s interesting when I find more english words addressing similar meanings, as italian is a very precise language with words, while english is a lot elastic (for example, "glass" which means a lot of things, and in italian we have single words for each one of them).

aside from this team-up, i see on the new issue rack HQ has three titles going...her regular title, her teamup book with power girl and some oversized road trip issue...and i guess she is in suicide squad and maybe something else?

yes, it does seem like wolverine or punisher books circa 1994 or so, except the total print runs on all of those HQ books combined is probably 75% less than the lowest selling title from 1994

Wow Really.

Great Googly Moogly

Scooby Team up

Scooby Team up again

fixed that for ya!

Thanks, but otherwise they would have the same meaning?

I ask because in italian they both translate as "vicino", but I realize that "close" might mean "closer" than "near"?

It’s interesting when I find more english words addressing similar meanings, as italian is a very precise language with words, while english is a lot elastic (for example, "glass" which means a lot of things, and in italian we have single words for each one of them).

In general, one uses "near" when referring to time, and "close" when referring to position. :)