• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,825 posts in this topic

People popping off that this book will sell for more than Mad Love or Batman: Harley Quinn should give you a clear picture of who is pushing some kind of agenda.

What are the print runs on those?

I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely curious

Print runs don't mean much when there's 150+ copies of something for sale at one time on a single venue.

-J.

I see it differently... In the "Age of Harley Quinn", every Harley book is at least $5, and her base is attuned to paying $20-$30 for appearances in kids titles with a low print run.

I'm not going to join the $500 band wagon, but this book will always sell. For the next few weeks, I'm guessing it's $20+. In a month or two, this could be a $10 book, but a year or more from now - once the initial supply has been absorbed into collections - I can see this being a steady seller in that $20-$30 range.

Let's not forget that the Harley crowd may be more interested in an animation crossover than in some of the mainstream in-continuity stuff, as well...

+1 That write up was as hysterical as it was sad from the lack of knowledge.

It's a fun book, nothing more.

I swear even with Harley as hot as she is this is reaching for straws to push this book as something special. The weeks that have little for the flippers really do expose some people.

People popping off that this book will sell for more than Mad Love or Batman: Harley Quinn should give you a clear picture of who is pushing some kind of agenda.

What are the print runs on those?

I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely curious

Print runs don't mean much when there's 150+ copies of something for sale at one time on a single venue.

-J.

I'm still curious what the print runs are on those other two..

Let's not forget that the Harley crowd may be more interested in an animation crossover than in some of the mainstream in-continuity stuff, as well...

This^

Everyone loves to Poo-Poo on a book when it becomes a possible "speculator" hit.

Getting a new BA Harley (the one and only REAL Harley) book was great! I absolutely hate "new 52 slutty suicide squad Harley", but I absolutely love BA Harley. Even though I won't touch the new Harley stuff, I would go crazy for a new Bruce Timm Classic Harley series.

Dont underestimate Classic AND recent Harley fans desire to own this book with homage ties to BA 12. The nostalgia on this book is high, while the print run (est 6800) is low. No speculation needed, as I don't buy ANY recent Harley books, but I couldn't wait to check out this one for content alone, and I thought it was great. I'm obviously not alone...

Low print run = speculator. Low print run + content = classic book.

This Harley craze reminds me a lot of the Punisher craze from years ago. Everything Punisher was swooped up but very few of those appearances are worth anything now. They are over-saturating her persona right now to the point of not being cool anymore.

I read the Harley and Suicide Squad books and was immediately turned off. The Scooby books and the BA books were much more fun too read. Simpler things prevail in the end.

This Harley craze reminds me a lot of the Punisher craze from years ago. Everything Punisher was swooped up but very few of those appearances are worth anything now. They are over-saturating her persona right now to the point of not being cool anymore.

I read the Harley and Suicide Squad books and was immediately turned off. The Scooby books and the BA books were much more fun too read. Simpler things prevail in the end.

Marvel is doing the same thing with Deadpool as well.

That being said, until people stop buying the flood of books will continue.

It is interesting to note, though, that a lot of the cosplay or non-regular reader crowd catch up on Harley at shows. I move a ton of back issues each show, as well as issues that are still on the racks at LCSs, to Harley (and to a lesser extent Deadpool) fans that do not buy books from LCSs.

You seem to have a good idea of what people buy at shows, kimik. If you don't mind my asking, how many copies of Scooby-Doo Team-Up #12 have you picked up to sell later at shows? Do you think this issue has legs in 2016?

pm that name of that store Jimmy.... I can't find any in the gta

If he's talking about the comic store in Belleville, then they sold out Day 1. If he's talking about another store, then I think the print run on this issue is over 10,000 because I know Need A Hero Comics ordered over 100 copies.

I think the market is flooded right now because of the speculators know how rabid Harley fans are, scooped up all the copies and are going for the fast flip. I think over time as more collectors secure their copies and less seasoned collectors find out about it, it might settle to be a 20-25 dollar book. Look at how many printings there have been for Harley books and the demand is there. If DC doesn't reprint it, I suspect it will remain a solid collectible till the Suicide Squad movie comes out.

What's the opinion on the spec of paper girls?
the more people talk about it, the less I like the spec ops...

As for Scooby, you won't have any problems if you're buying at cover or less...

Well hasn't the doc for paper girls already occurred?

its true that after the initial orders its hard to affect the total #'s, but it is still possible to affect how many are 'bought' by customers (who buy 3-4 instead of 1), or LCS's who hear the buzz later and decide to 'hold' half of their stock off of shelves or charge more for issues, all of which still will affect the secondary market, sometimes better, sometimes worse.

EITHER WAY, if I plan on speculating on something, I'd prefer for less people to know about it until I've gotten all the copies I can get.

It'd PROBABLY be better if most people had LOW expectations and LOW print run then the comic turned out to be awesome and people bought more and more, sorta like Rat Queens or the Empire tv show.