• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

guillotine will be hot.. :)

stocking up on the 1:10 Contest Champions variant that has her on the cover. Nice thing is the only cover that has her on it is the Cover H Game Variant, while White fox is on 3 covers.

Good time to grab it while everyone one is looking for the 1:25 white fox variant.

I like your style in comics. That is my favorite cover out of them all... :)

Edited by Muaythai607

I said the heck with it and bought two Campbell variants for Uncanny Avengers. I know it's a big risk, but any team with Spider-Man, Human Torch, and Deadpool on it, sounds like a winning combination to me.

Midtown is asking $80 for the Campbell cover.

http://comicbookinvest.com/2015/10/13/uncanny-avengers-vol-3-1-1st-appearance-of-the-shredded-man/

He looks pretty menacing and when Marvel usually introduces a new villain they stick around for a few decades.

Is this true? I would think the opposite based on my experience reading Marvel and DC comics.

I like the characters and have invested in a few Yu, lim, and game variants. Also just bought that 10 variant set for 39.99. Too good a deal to pass up... Cover price lol. Ebay: judahstarguy :)

Edited by Dabrewman

I tried to get into this title but I gave up after trying to figure out all the variants.

I tried to get into this title but I gave up after trying to figure out all the variants.

Stick with the 1st print variants, and you'll be fine :acclaim:

Stick with the 1st print variants, and you'll be fine :acclaim:

I agree. Cover a, the 1:5, 1:10, Larry's 50 prints, the bad brains, and Jetpack will be the real winners. After issue 5 comes out, someone (maybe me) should map out all the issues and printings into one nice image.

I agree. Cover a, the 1:5, 1:10, Larry's 50 prints, the bad brains, and Jetpack will be the real winners. After issue 5 comes out, someone (maybe me) should map out all the issues and printings into one nice image.

Good idea hm

I really like the cover A for WCNGH. Along with the SDCC but I long got priced out of that one. I did pick up the NYCC set and I like it but not too sure I like it enough to keep at what it's going for. I'd much rather have the SDCC or NYCC over a retailer variant any day, no matter who came first. At this rate I'm sure all the print runs have become a wash any way.

Good idea hm

It is. I enjoy seeing those types of lists. Probably best it gets thrown in the WCNGH thread.

I really like the cover A for WCNGH. Along with the SDCC but I long got priced out of that one. I did pick up the NYCC set and I like it but not too sure I like it enough to keep at what it's going for. I'd much rather have the SDCC or NYCC over a retailer variant any day, no matter who came first. At this rate I'm sure all the print runs have become a wash any way.

I'd much rather have the SDCC or NYCC over a retailer variant any day

Translation:

I'd much rather have a later printing than a first printing.

Hilarious.

Get ready for the next convention.

Black Mask will be there with an even more limited WCNGH ninth printing that the market will swoon for.

This reminds me of the Nowhere Men show variants boardies swooned over....

Good idea hm

It is. I enjoy seeing those types of lists. Probably best it gets thrown in the WCNGH thread.

I'm quite happy having found every punk album cover swipe (to date). Now to backfill my old record collection with the original albums to match each book. I only have a handful that survived my teen and college years. Collecting is hard.

And fun.

I'd much rather have the SDCC or NYCC over a retailer variant any day

Translation:

I'd much rather have a later printing than a first printing.

Hilarious.

Get ready for the next convention.

Black Mask will be there with an even more limited WCNGH ninth printing that the market will swoon for.

This reminds me of the Nowhere Men show variants boardies swooned over....

What's hilarious about it? That I'd rather have a direct from the source variant than a retailer variant? I value the creators and enjoy meeting and speaking with them about the book. Of course they stand to make a nice profit off it which I feel they deserve for the work they do.

Now what work do you do besides straight out trolling to do nothing more than cash in?

You can spin it as putting money in the pockets of creators for doing the variants but most of us know your main goal is to take collectors money and run. Do Phantom variants hold the value you set the price at?

I would too. Retailer variants depreciate the day after release. If I were you, I'd sell the NYCC set. At the moment, they seem REALLY rare.