• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,795 posts in this topic

I really like the cover A for WCNGH. Along with the SDCC but I long got priced out of that one. I did pick up the NYCC set and I like it but not too sure I like it enough to keep at what it's going for. I'd much rather have the SDCC or NYCC over a retailer variant any day, no matter who came first. At this rate I'm sure all the print runs have become a wash any way.

I would too. Retailer variants depreciate the day after release. If I were you, I'd sell the NYCC set. At the moment, they seem REALLY rare.

My favorite is the Emerald City CC version (Milo Goes to College cover swipe). I've only seen 2 sold on ebay since July. All the other covers seem to be plentiful by comparison.

Good LORD that Timm variant is hideous!

1492128_xl-191x300.jpg

I just cannot bring myself to pick that one up. Wow. :sick:

looks like she just finished a Twinkie binge, saw it and passed...maybe they're going for the comic readers who are missing their left leg......felt better grabbing a Mcfarlane homage one instead.

Edited by krighton

I really like the cover A for WCNGH. Along with the SDCC but I long got priced out of that one. I did pick up the NYCC set and I like it but not too sure I like it enough to keep at what it's going for. I'd much rather have the SDCC or NYCC over a retailer variant any day, no matter who came first. At this rate I'm sure all the print runs have become a wash any way.

I'd much rather have the SDCC or NYCC over a retailer variant any day

Translation:

I'd much rather have a later printing than a first printing.

Hilarious.

Get ready for the next convention.

Black Mask will be there with an even more limited WCNGH ninth printing that the market will swoon for.

This reminds me of the Nowhere Men show variants boardies swooned over....

What's hilarious about it? That I'd rather have a direct from the source variant than a retailer variant? I value the creators and enjoy meeting and speaking with them about the book. Of course they stand to make a nice profit off it which I feel they deserve for the work they do.

Now what work do you do besides straight out trolling to do nothing more than cash in?

You can spin it as putting money in the pockets of creators for doing the variants but most of us know your main goal is to take collectors money and run. Do Phantom variants hold the value you set the price at?

*shrug*

Commission covers from creators.

Purchase large quantities of products from publishers.

Distribute & provide top shelf space to a micro network of retailers worldwide.

Build readership in-store & online.

Tirelessly promote said products...

And trolling....

I would too. Retailer variants depreciate the day after release. If I were you, I'd sell the NYCC set. At the moment, they seem REALLY rare.

Retailer variants depreciate the day after release

In today's market sure.

It won't last.

The market will adjust.

If there's a scarcer version of an item, that's the one to get.

My opinion.

Translation:

Hilarious.

Black Mask will be there with an even more limited WCNGH ninth printing that the market will swoon for.

What's hilarious about it? That I'd rather have a direct from the source variant than a retailer variant? I value the creators and enjoy meeting and speaking with them about the book. Of course they stand to make a nice profit off it which I feel they deserve for the work they do.

Now what work do you do besides straight out trolling to do nothing more than cash in?

You can spin it as putting money in the pockets of creators for doing the variants but most of us know your main goal is to take collectors money and run. Do Phantom variants hold the value you set the price at?

*shrug*

And trolling....

Do you as a business owner seriously not comprehend that when you set prices to gouge your customers on your retailer variants knowing they more often than not do not hold value that it is bad for the industry and your business? The more people burned, the more walk away.

Or do you truly not care as long as you are benefiting?

In today's market sure.

It won't last.

The market will adjust.

My opinion.

The market will not adjust. Every retailer out there has to have their own variant of Spider-Gwen # 1, ASM # 1, Invincible Iron Man # 1, etc.

The market is flooded. There's no scarcity until retailers stop this practice.

Translation:

Hilarious.

*shrug*

And trolling....

Do you as a business owner seriously not comprehend that when you set prices to gouge your customers on your retailer variants knowing they more often than not do not hold value that it is bad for the industry and your business? The more people burned, the more walk away.

Or do you truly not care as long as you are benefiting?

You're speaking as a "flipper" that's been burned.

Learn to buy better.

My shop variants are sold at cover price week one in my brick & mortar.

ALWAYS have been, ALWAYS will be.

Customers love that, some drive three states over to get them.

THAT'S the point. They make my shop a destination.

(Sorry, I'm not here to supply your Ebay business)

Online they provide a nice revenue stream that I've been reinvesting with the print comic industry for 28 years...

My Diamond bill was "forty two thousand dollars+" this week.

I'm pretty sure that's OK for the industry.

Print needs a lot more shops to step up & buy at my level.

In today's market sure.

It won't last.

The market will adjust.

My opinion.

The market will not adjust. Every retailer out there has to have their own variant of Spider-Gwen # 1, ASM # 1, Invincible Iron Man # 1, etc.

Let's take today's Clandestino #1 for example.

There will be 15k+ regular 1st print copies printed.

Shop X will commission a variant of say 1,000 copies.

They are both first printings.

Shop X's version is 15x more limited.

Or in your words: "There's scarcity"

Picked up a Contest of Champions game variant today for $7 at an LCS (while taking a minor detour while doing some work-related running across town). Not too bad. I like the cover anyway a LOT more than the regular cover, so even if it just sits in my PC, I'm good with it & the price.

Edited by Doktor

In today's market sure.

It won't last.

The market will adjust.

My opinion.

Let's take today's Clandestino #1 for example.

There will be 15k+ regular 1st print copies printed.

Shop X will commission a variant of say 1,000 copies.

They are both first printings.

Shop X's version is 15x more limited.

Or in your words: "There's scarcity"

If ONLY 1 shop does a variant, then there's some rarity there. Right now, that's not the case...and won't be for a while.

What are your opinions on Young Avengers? I will be doing my own research but I would like to know what you think as far as "speculation" is concerned. I bought a couple of the Wizard World LA con exclusives autographed by Jim Cheung for $15 each and one of the Director's Cut because of a Google+ spec site. There's 6 first appearances in #1 so I at least know that :)

Too much? Good spec? Not worth it?

I appreciate it!

Jason

Picked up an Uncanny Avengers Campbell for $15 at the LCS today too. I think I might dump this one. It's a great looking cover, but I don't care enough to turn down tripling my money.