• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,798 posts in this topic

Sold all 20 copies this week. Also sold all 10 of my 1st prints.

The guy I bought the NM+ copy from is in Canada - bet I bought one of your copies.

All mine were graded.

Yes i know I'm very late on this but cgc is pretty incompetent to be stating Howard 1 SS HER 1St apperance. There should be no argument that Deadpool secret wars 2 Gwenpool variant is the 1st appearance of Gwenpool. Its not a cameo...its not a hand or shadowy figure. It is Her in full color...full body and costume and even her name is stated for the 1st time on the title with Dead crossed out and covered with "Gwen" I don't know what cgc is trying to pull on the collectors and investors but this does not look good for them. I'm sure many people have noticed this ridiculous mistake..or is it just a straight out lie on cgc part??? Not cool..not acurate. what a shame..oh no..i mean SHAM lol

Yes i know I'm very late on this but cgc is pretty incompetent to be stating Howard 1 SS HER 1St apperance. There should be no argument that Deadpool secret wars 2 Gwenpool variant is the 1st appearance of Gwenpool. Its not a cameo...its not a hand or shadowy figure. It is Her in full color...full body and costume and even her name is stated for the 1st time on the title with Dead crossed out and covered with "Gwen" I don't know what cgc is trying to pull on the collectors and investors but this does not look good for them. I'm sure many people have noticed this ridiculous mistake..or is it just a straight out lie on cgc part??? Not cool..not acurate. what a shame..oh no..i mean SHAM lol

No. They have it correct. DPSW2 will be labeled same as CM 17 2nd

Walking Dead 100 2nd print is going to be a BEAST. I think median sales in 9.8 will be $300-500 w/highs being even more than that if they can do him right on the show...especially the 1st episode he appears.

This guy may be on to something. I bid on a 9.8 and stopped at $200 - it just ended on E-Bay at $318! That's almost double last GPA. Glad I listened to his advice and grabbed a NM+ possible 9.8 copy earlier this week for $40.

That was my listing. I was shocked at the final bid, expecting it to end around $200 as well. I wanted to test the market with one copy, I have a few more in hand that I'll be waiting on

This book is hot! Apropos the thread

Thanks for a response . I am not aware how the cm 17 is labeled but I'm very confused?? Since when is a character 1st story there 1st appearance. there 2 different things. I say this with all due respect to you. How is Dp 2 not her 1st appearance ? Help me understand for the future. I am a collector but been trying to get into investing a bit..its all so confusing now adays lol. again thanks :)

Thanks for a response . I am not aware how the cm 17 is labeled but I'm very confused?? Since when is a character 1st story there 1st appearance. there 2 different things. I say this with all due respect to you. How is Dp 2 not her 1st appearance ? Help me understand for the future. I am a collector but been trying to get into investing a bit..its all so confusing now adays lol. again thanks :)

Cool.

Cover alone is never considered a first full appearance in the hobby. Story is everything. CM 17 2nd for Ms Marvel (cover appearance pre-dates 1st full in ANMN # 1) 1st full is the lesser in value.

X-men 282 for bishop (Cameo) 283 (full). again, cover trumps first full appearance in value, not labeling

The rules for 1st app tie to the story as far as a term and labeling. that doesn't mean that the value will reflect the facts, as CM 17 2nd is far more valuable than the actual 1st full appearance, as with x-men 282/283, cover wins in price and popularity, but not in terms of factual comic labeling info.

In this case the label is correct, but does not determine which book will be the "one to rule them all" only time will tell

(I would put my money on dssw2 variant in the long run, but I wont be putting any money on this garbage gimmick bastardization of a character in the first place.. :gossip: )

Never say never. An arm is considered a 1st appearance by some. A face on a TV monitor is considered a first appearance. Which book with the character's Name in the title with them on the cover isn't considered a 1st appearance ? Buy whichever you like but I'd suggest buying the actual 1st appearance or both if you think the other has growth potential. I'd suggest buying neither if you think the character will disappear and is just a fluke. 2c

Edited by The Authority

Walking Dead 100 2nd print is going to be a BEAST. I think median sales in 9.8 will be $300-500 w/highs being even more than that if they can do him right on the show...especially the 1st episode he appears.

This guy may be on to something. I bid on a 9.8 and stopped at $200 - it just ended on E-Bay at $318! That's almost double last GPA. Glad I listened to his advice and grabbed a NM+ possible 9.8 copy earlier this week for $40.

That was my listing. I was shocked at the final bid, expecting it to end around $200 as well. I wanted to test the market with one copy, I have a few more in hand that I'll be waiting on

Waiting for?

Waiting for?

His actual appearance on the show. When the general populace join the speculators in overpaying for a book that was common a month ago!

Everybody knows the first appearance is always in the book you actually have and not in the one you cant find.

In other words people will argue for the book they have and not the one they dont have. :slapfight:

Waiting for?

His actual appearance on the show. When the general populace join the speculators in overpaying for a book that was common a month ago!

Does that usually work? I assume you think it will sell for me more.

Waiting for?

Why wouldnt he?

Waiting for?

Why wouldnt he?

That's not the case for movies. I haven't tracked it for TV shows.

Waiting for?

Yes I think that

Waiting for?

Yes I think that

Has it ever worked that way? I know for movies it does not and I want to say it is also not the case for TV but I don't know.