• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,796 posts in this topic

He assumes that it will (since he has copies left) You assume it wont (you sold all of yours)

Coincidence? lol

Oh, that argument. doh!

In all fairness though, so far as speculation is concerned, he played his cards better.

If I only had one copy I wouldve probably sold it now. True.

If I had 10 (!) I wouldnt

He assumes that it will (since he has copies left) You assume it wont (you sold all of yours)

Coincidence? lol

Oh, that argument. doh!

In all fairness though, so far as speculation is concerned, he played his cards better.

Ok. What would you do? I am genuinely curious.

Coincidence? lol

Oh, that argument. doh!

Keep my eyes on the trends; see how many are sold, how many are offered, how quick they close, and whats the margin of appreciation/decline is.

Sure. That still doesnt mean jack. But its a more educated guess for lack of better terrms

Coincidence? lol

Oh, that argument. doh!

Keep my eyes on the trends; see how many are sold, how many are offered, how quick they close, and whats the margin of appreciation/decline is.

Sure. That still doesnt mean jack. But its a more educated guess for lack of better terrms

Gotcha. Interesting. Thanks.

Coincidence? lol

Oh, that argument. doh!

Im not blaming you for selling quick. Youve clearly made a profit (probably a large one at that). But I also wont pass judgment on others who speculate on holding.

Its speculation. Others couldve critique you a few months ago for going heavily on this book since it was massively overprinted. But looks like you had the last laugh..

Well, close to last (thumbs u

Coincidence? lol

Oh, that argument. doh!

Im not blaming you for selling quick. Youve clearly made a profit (probably a large one at that). But I also wont pass judgment on others who speculate on holding.

Its speculation. Others couldve critique you a few months ago for going heavily on this book since it was massively overprinted. But looks like you had the last laugh..

Well, close to last (thumbs u

hm

lol

No. I understand why you would write this but you are incorrect. :)

Walking Dead 100 2nd print is going to be a BEAST. I think median sales in 9.8 will be $300-500 w/highs being even more than that if they can do him right on the show...especially the 1st episode he appears.

This guy may be on to something. I bid on a 9.8 and stopped at $200 - it just ended on E-Bay at $318! That's almost double last GPA. Glad I listened to his advice and grabbed a NM+ possible 9.8 copy earlier this week for $40.

That was my listing. I was shocked at the final bid, expecting it to end around $200 as well. I wanted to test the market with one copy, I have a few more in hand that I'll be waiting on

This book is hot! Apropos the thread

Waiting for?

His actual appearance on the show. When the general populace join the speculators in overpaying for a book that was common a month ago!

Does that usually work? I assume you think it will sell for me more.

Yes I think that

Has it ever worked that way? I know for movies it does not and I want to say it is also not the case for TV but I don't know.

Walking Dead seems to buck the trend with that if I recall, but that's not based on any data.

Walking Dead 100 2nd print is going to be a BEAST. I think median sales in 9.8 will be $300-500 w/highs being even more than that if they can do him right on the show...especially the 1st episode he appears.

This guy may be on to something. I bid on a 9.8 and stopped at $200 - it just ended on E-Bay at $318! That's almost double last GPA. Glad I listened to his advice and grabbed a NM+ possible 9.8 copy earlier this week for $40.

That was my listing. I was shocked at the final bid, expecting it to end around $200 as well. I wanted to test the market with one copy, I have a few more in hand that I'll be waiting on

Waiting for?

His actual appearance on the show. When the general populace join the speculators in overpaying for a book that was common a month ago!

Why wouldnt he?

That's not the case for movies. I haven't tracked it for TV shows.

WD is a demon unlike no other.

Genuine questions an I also have not watched WD trends closely.

Does the market not get too crowded and level out/decline when new characters air on the show?

This may differentiate from character to character however and the likes of Negan may be the exception but overall does the spec crowd not wind up hurting the highs on TV show spec books come air time due to those who get in panic mode and undercut with lower and lower BINS's in addition to the amount of people waiting for said time? I don't know the amount of impulse buyers for WD related characters who wind up on the show.

If yes at all then is it not the best bet to sell as the hype is trending upward rather than hoping on a greater payout in the future?

Does the market not get too crowded and level out/decline when new characters air on the show?

This may differentiate from character to character however and the likes of Negan may be the exception but overall does the spec crowd not wind up hurting the highs on TV show spec books come air time due to those who get in panic mode and undercut with lower and lower BINS's in addition to the amount of people waiting for said time? I don't know the amount of impulse buyers for WD related characters who wind up on the show.

If yes at all then is it not the best bet to sell as the hype is trending upward rather than hoping on a greater payout in the future?

I see it as a risk worth taking. I'm only into the books for $10 a copy + grading fees. If I'm wrong, then you win some you lose some. (shrug)

Waiting for?

Why wouldnt he?

That's not the case for movies. I haven't tracked it for TV shows.

WD is a demon unlike no other.

Yet, just as predictable. (thumbs u

Yes. (thumbs u

As an example, raw copies of WD #53 jumped up to $100-125 for 24 hours or so after Abraham, Rosita and Eugene appeared on the show. Now they're back down to pre appearance hype prices, $50-$60

So there is a small window when the TV crowd late to the party drives prices up.

Edited by lightninglad

Or it's the tail end of the speculation crowd who were too nervous to buy until they actually saw the character. I don't think the TV crowd rushed to buy the comic. The data is really clear.