• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Not sure if this was covered or not.... just releasing general info on this book.

Power rangers #0 2nd print from boom has a print run of only 5,000!

This makes it the rarest copy other than the variants.

For every 10 regular copies out there, there is only 1 2nd print.

They are flying off ebay shelves atm.

Edited by maidenmate91

Not sure if this was covered or not.... just releasing general info on this book.

Power rangers #0 2nd print from boom has a print run of only 5,000!

This makes it the rarest copy other than the variants.

For every 10 regular copies out there, there is only 1 2nd print.

They are flying off ebay shelves atm.

Had my eye on this one since i heard about it, i really just like how the covers are done and they display nice. Pre ordered mine so didn't noticed there's so little of them but my lcs did have them for sale 1 per customer and only about 4 or 5 this afternoon when i stopped by.

as an old timer it sadden me that the only action in this area seems to be variants. hard for me to arbitrage those out of the dollar box. i need something like uncharted that didn't sell well at my LCS, was dumped into the dollar box, only to become an ebay sensation a few months later.

as an old timer it sadden me that the only action in this area seems to be variants. hard for me to arbitrage those out of the dollar box. i need something like uncharted that didn't sell well at my LCS, was dumped into the dollar box, only to become an ebay sensation a few months later.

Elf Quest the Final Quest #1.

You're welcome.

Elf Quest the Final Quest #1.

You're welcome.

I'll be on the lookout, but if he dumped it I probably would have bought it. I don't remember seeing any of this series in the cheap box or even on the rack.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Collider-1-NM-Vertigo-Comics-1st-Print-FBP-/131702439101?hash=item1eaa13bcbd:g:3OcAAOSwFqJWmdxr

What happened with this? I have a bunch for some reason. I thought it was going to be a big thing.

It has been optioned to be a movie. That was over a year ago, I believe, and haven't heard anything since.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Collider-1-NM-Vertigo-Comics-1st-Print-FBP-/131702439101?hash=item1eaa13bcbd:g:3OcAAOSwFqJWmdxr

What happened with this? I have a bunch for some reason. I thought it was going to be a big thing.

It has been optioned to be a movie. That was over a year ago, I believe, and haven't heard anything since.

That surprises me. Its a pretty good book. Not great but I thought it was doing better than that.

I used to do the same thing but people are buying very deep into 1st appearances of low level characters. I'd be surprised if anything sneaks up on anybody these days. Lots of websites dedicated to strictly speculating...which I like to do too. The thing that surprises me is that we are falling back into "cover" speculation as opposed to buying into the storytellers. This isn't the first time it happened and I doubt it will be the last. It is allowing us to buy some great stories cheap. I doubt that will last long either. As my friend Bragnet likes to say, "buy 'em where they ain't". :/

Is that print run of 5,000 an accurate number?

no

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/boom-studios-mighty-mophin-power-rangers-1-reaches-75000-plus-initial-orders

I was going off of this btw, not sure if correct just spreading the word.

It sounds like Boom had the 2nd print already done (when they did the 1st print) and the 3rd print is what is actually be printed to meet the extra demand.

Its just what they talk about. It doesn't mean there aren't books out there.

The variant buying pool is not a good barometer of our industry just a section of it that spends more time here.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I used to do the same thing but people are buying very deep into 1st appearances of low level characters. I'd be surprised if anything sneaks up on anybody these days. Lots of websites dedicated to strictly speculating...which I like to do too. The thing that surprises me is that we are falling back into "cover" speculation as opposed to buying into the storytellers. This isn't the first time it happened and I doubt it will be the last. It is allowing us to buy some great stories cheap. I doubt that will last long either. As my friend Bragnet likes to say, "buy 'em where they ain't". :/

Its really unsustainable. It will be nice when normality occurs.