• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,770 posts in this topic

That's about market value for that book. I wouldn't bite on one now as he is flooding the market with covers swipes. The only good thing is usually they are very limited.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2055119.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xdead+pooh.TRS0&_nkw=dead+pooh&_sacat=0

I think I have the most limited one :headbang: yep that's #1

4890_900.jpg

That's about market value for that book. I wouldn't bite on one now as he is flooding the market with covers swipes. The only good thing is usually they are very limited.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2055119.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xdead+pooh.TRS0&_nkw=dead+pooh&_sacat=0

I think I have the most limited one :headbang: yep that's #1

They are all #1's. You can see on the cover that is limited to 125. There are some issues that are only 25 or 50 printed.

They are all #1's. You can see on the cover that is limited to 125. There are some issues that are only 25 or 50 printed.

--------------

ARE YOU SURE????????????????????????????????????????????

HOW DO WE KNOW THEY DIDN'T ROUND UP EACH BATCH TO 500 AND JUST SAY THERE WERE 25 PRINTED AND THE OTHER 475 HAVE BEEN GIVEN AWAY TO CELEBRITIES AND RYAN REYNOLDS' FRIENDS?

--------------

HOW DO WE KNOW THEY DIDN'T ROUND UP EACH BATCH TO 500 AND JUST SAY THERE WERE 25 PRINTED AND THE OTHER 475 HAVE BEEN GIVEN AWAY TO CELEBRITIES AND RYAN REYNOLDS' FRIENDS?

I know you're joking, but independents don't operate the same way as the Big 2.

Saga 1 had a large print run too, no, and that's not even a mainstream book.

One of my shops must have ordered an extra 500 of them, but they had a vaugn signing, so they probably ordered extra for that.

--------------

Why are you yelling?

I hope not. If collectordom in modern comics is now exclusively the realm of variants that is probably the beginning of the end.

I don't think it is though.

We've just hit a little lull recently though now that every other Image book isn't a big hit.

This is a healthy auction result!:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOLVERINE-66-67-68-69-70-71-72-GIANT-SIZE-1-OLD-MAN-LOGAN-story-1ST-PRINTS-NM-/252314095395?hash=item3abf178f23:g:ZokAAOSwmmxW38KL

and this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wolverine-66-Aug-2008-Marvel-OLD-MAN-LOGAN-NEW-MOVIE-3-NM-/111928174660?hash=item1a0f706844:g:wBUAAOSwxp9W3PC2

Edited by the blob

--------------

Why are you yelling?

Because if I don't someone here will think I am serious and write a long response accusing me of things like molesting a panda. I ran out of smiley face emojis apparently.

My question for everyone is...has this thread simply morphed into the "variants that are heating up on eBay thread"...?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it seems to be, itself, a bit "off-topic", so to speak...

I don't see why being a variant matters if it is heating up. But the market has chosen many times, a book that has the desired artwork, with he lowest print/distribution run usually wins. (Now I don't need an education print/distribution, we already covered that garbage on the last few pages.)

Show me a regular cover that is heating up, and get it posted rather than being so down on the hobby with the woe is me, the end is nigh, et tu brute . It's getting old.

Edited by UltraMaximus

My question for everyone is...has this thread simply morphed into the "variants that are heating up on eBay thread"...?

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it seems to be, itself, a bit "off-topic", so to speak...

I don't see why being a variant matters if it is heating up. But the market has chosen many times, a book that has the desired artwork, with he lowest print/distribution run usually wins. (Now I don't need an education print/distribution, we already covered that garbage on the last few pages.)

Show me a regular cover that is heating up, and get it posted rather than being so down on the hobby with the woe is me, the end is nigh, et tu brute . It's getting old.

I don't ever find what RMA says as being down on the hobby. I find his words the words of a realist with a great deal of experience. Personally I feel more people should listen and learn rather than hyping the days away.

Saga 1 had a large print run too, no, and that's not even a mainstream book.

One of my shops must have ordered an extra 500 of them, but they had a vaugn signing, so they probably ordered extra for that.

Saga had less than 40K if I remember correctly. Still not as crazy high as DC or Marvel.

Saga is a great example though. Great story, only 1 variant cover of issue #1 . Book still in demand since its initial release years ago. Readership has grown and is only second to walking dead for Image.

I don't ever find what RMA says as being down on the hobby. I find his words the words of a realist with a great deal of experience. Personally I feel more people should listen and learn rather than hyping the days away.

I'll tell you what is hot. This trailer holy smokes.