• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,770 posts in this topic

I still buy Gobots, so I'm probably the biggest fool.

Patrick

Those are the poor man's Transformers, correct? :baiting:

Waiting for someone to come along and get this thread back on track. I have very little to add right now as the Star Wars titles are just coasting along...

I still buy Gobots, so I'm probably the biggest fool.

Patrick

Those are the poor man's Transformers, correct? :baiting:

Waiting for someone to come along and get this thread back on track. I have very little to add right now as the Star Wars titles are just coasting along...

I don't even think the poor man wants my Gobots.

But they are cheap!

Patrick

Unlike you I actually back up what I say.

No you don't.

You promised "new research" and "new information" about the Dell'Otto #667 ASM, and when you finally produced it, it was just collation of various information that had already been posted on the board in various threads.

There was not a stitch of "new research" or "new information" in your post, none whatsoever, but that didn't stop some people from eating it up and giving you praise for your "hard work and fine efforts", which is to be expected from those who are allergic to discernment and critical thinking.

You just make things up, and then insult people who challenge what you say, making wholly baseless accusations of "trolling" and "multiple accounts."

I mean, come on, Jay, you're only fooling the people who want to be fooled.

As far as I can tell, Diamond's numbers are the closest to written in stone that we will get until someone comes along with a more accurate chisel. But if anyone who says "that's not how print runs are counted" factually knows otherwise, please share. I for one would like to know how many copies of Original Sin 1:50 variants were made

This has been exhaustively discussed before, but the Statements of Ownership and the Diamond numbers are in conflict.

Example:

x%20men%20121%20soo.jpg

That's the Statement of Ownership printed in New X-Men #121, cover date 2/02.

Notice section G: "Total distribution"...for the issue nearest the filing date is 169,743 copies.

Now what are Diamond's numbers for that issue? Well, we don't know precisely which issue that is, BUT....we know it's one of the four issues between #116-119, probably later rather than sooner.

So what are the Diamond numbers for those issues?

#116 - 136,249

#117 - 136,929

#118 - 127,670

#119 - 124,281

Do you see the discrepancy? Marvel reported, by USPS regulation, that ONE of those issues...#116-#119, probably #118...had an actual distribution of 169,743 copies.

That number is 30,000-45,000 copies HIGHER than Diamond's numbers.

That's not a statistically insignificant number. Now, of course, the majority of that were newsstand copies, and the rest are almost certainly UK copies....and remember, there were 224,200 copies actually printed, and there have been shenanigans with newsstand returns since the beginning. But let's say the 169k figure is totally accurate.

That means "the closest to written in stone" numbers aren't really all that close after all, and doesn't really tell us much of anything for how many copies were actually put into the hands of the public.

So yes, we do know that "that's not how print runs are counted", factually.

Yes, granted, that information is from 15 years ago...and yes, Marvel no longer publishes newsstand books....but if anything, we know LESS about actual print runs than we did back then, because there aren't any Statements of Ownership any more.

But it's a safe bet that Diamond's numbers, as reported by Comichron, aren't to be taken as hard fact as to what was actually printed, and what actually exists....ESPECIALLY since Marvel doesn't release variant print run information at all. We will likely never know how many copies of Original Sin 1:50 were printed, and trying to extrapolate through Diamond's numbers is an exercise in futility.

We should have a thread devoted to arguing.

When it gets to the point where its a he said , she said, we all said the same said

move it there. Those that want to crack out the the pop corn, and watch, can, those that don't ... don't. Call it "lets argue where others uninterested, don't have to particpate thread"

If you don't want "arguments", take a stand and speak out against those who post misinformation, for who knows what reason.

Because it's not "he said, she said", but if you think it is, you're part of the problem.

People should be free to make decisions based on accurate information. Misinformation, especially deliberate misinformation, hurts people.

Marvel has actually gone on the record confirming via Diamond how they produce their retailer variants.

-J.

Where was this????

Yeah maybe I'll take the time to find where I read that and maybe I won't.

In the meantime feel free to tell us where you have read all the things which you constantly go on about.

Wait, I'm pretty sure you actually agreed with me already a while back that marvel prints up to the nearest case.

Or are you now disagreeing just for the sake of doing so? lol

-J.

You've been caught in a lie.

You said previously you got this information from a 'retailer' you knew. Marvel NEVER released any specific information on how they print variants. There's nothing for you to look up.

If there WAS, those of us who just want the truth would be aware of it. Those trying to manipulate the market (YOU) would have posted it everywhere.

Nice try.

Grow up man. I didn't "lie" about anything.

And what market am I trying to "manipulate".

Your hatred for variants is well documented at this point as is your disdain for the fact that you feel "pressured" to order enough books to keep up with the big boy retailers and qualify for incentives.

So if anyone is trying to "manipulate" anything it is you my man.

I'm just a collector I've never sold a book in my life. Maybe you should consider a new line of work yourself.

-J.

If a collector is buying books for their own personal collection and does not sell books. I don't see how that person can be accused of trying to "manipulate" the market. (shrug)

How do you know Jay doesn't sell his books? Or trade them?

You're just taking his word for it?

How do you know what his motives are?

Here's a thought: the next time one of you bigger dealers goes to the Diamond Summit, just ask them instead of throwing your RRP books on ebay the second they're in your hands

They won't tell you.

Or do you think I haven't asked...?

:popcorn:

Time will show all of you fools collecting over-priced variants will be left holding the bag . . . more likely sooner than later. :grin:

Ah yes, but what if it's a Variant Bag? Like one with a Dancing Hello Kitty on it? Only 3000 were made and I've got two of them!!

Bow down to me, for I am the Hello Kitty Variant Bag Holder!

Those are tears of jealousy my friend.

Marvel has actually gone on the record confirming via Diamond how they produce their retailer variants.

-J.

Where was this????

Yeah maybe I'll take the time to find where I read that and maybe I won't.

In the meantime feel free to tell us where you have read all the things which you constantly go on about.

Wait, I'm pretty sure you actually agreed with me already a while back that marvel prints up to the nearest case.

Or are you now disagreeing just for the sake of doing so? lol

-J.

You said previously you got this information from a 'retailer' you knew. Marvel NEVER released any specific information on how they print variants. There's nothing for you to look up.

If there WAS, those of us who just want the truth would be aware of it. Those trying to manipulate the market (YOU) would have posted it everywhere.

Nice try.

Grow up man. I didn't "lie" about anything.

And what market am I trying to "manipulate".

Your hatred for variants is well documented at this point as is your disdain for the fact that you feel "pressured" to order enough books to keep up with the big boy retailers and qualify for incentives.

So if anyone is trying to "manipulate" anything it is you my man.

I'm just a collector I've never sold a book in my life. Maybe you should consider a new line of work yourself.

-J.

If a collector is buying books for their own personal collection and does not sell books. I don't see how that person can be accused of trying to "manipulate" the market. (shrug)

How do you know Jay doesn't sell his books? Or trade them?

You're just taking his word for it?

How do you know what his motives are?

I don't know. Jay could be lying, but I like to give people the benefit of the doubt that what they say about their collecting habits are true. Unless there is a crazy reason for me not to believe them.

That's about market value for that book. I wouldn't bite on one now as he is flooding the market with covers swipes. The only good thing is usually they are very limited.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2055119.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xdead+pooh.TRS0&_nkw=dead+pooh&_sacat=0

So which moderns are heating up on eBay? :baiting:

Knock it off!! This is the 'lets argue for days and post reams of dialogue that only 3 people will actually read' thread.

That's about market value for that book. I wouldn't bite on one now as he is flooding the market with covers swipes. The only good thing is usually they are very limited.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2055119.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xdead+pooh.TRS0&_nkw=dead+pooh&_sacat=0

Why would anyone pay that kind of $$$ for cover swipes from that title?

Exactly what I want to know too......

Exactly what I want to know too......

Has anybody actually read it? (:

Now back to everything you wanted to know about print runs, but you were afraid to ask...