• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

I disagree. Its greedy when a going price(with multiple sales) is $60 and in the same grade you ask $120.

I don't have any problem with people making money on hot books or any books for that matter. Its okay to ask for a premium for a higher grade, book its not okay to try and ask double the price. Its called being a :censored:

Don't even get me started on these :censored: bags that run websites and then sell books they pump.

:roflmao:

:screwy:

How many times you get caught "holding the bag"?

lol oh snap

I really don't care if people have high asking prices. Can't hate on people maximizing returns. Applies to comics, collectibles, real estate. High asking prices are just that if people aren't buying it.

I disagree. Its greedy when a going price(with multiple sales) is $60 and in the same grade you ask $120.

I don't have any problem with people making money on hot books or any books for that matter. Its okay to ask for a premium for a higher grade, book its not okay to try and ask double the price. Its called being a :censored:

Don't even get me started on these :censored: bags that run websites and then sell books they pump.

People are obviously buying those overpriced books.

george-carlin-never-underestimate_zpsvjp4v8kh.jpg

So I bought a Guardians of Knowhere 1 CGC 9.8 Gwen cover Monday night at around 7 pm central from a comic seller website--got a confirmation number, email, credit card charged, etc. Tuesday morning the same item (identical photo and slab) gets listed on eBay. So I send a query through the website and also message the seller since I should technically be the owner of the book now as my card was charged. He ignores me all day yesterday, then this morning sends an ebay message that there 'must have been some sort of error' and the book was pulled from the site to be put at auction. Allegedly he is reversing the cc payment. To me, this is pretty shady. Debating what to do..

So I bought a Guardians of Knowhere 1 CGC 9.8 Gwen cover Monday night at around 7 pm central from a comic seller website--got a confirmation number, email, credit card charged, etc. Tuesday morning the same item (identical photo and slab) gets listed on eBay. So I send a query through the website and also message the seller since I should technically be the owner of the book now as my card was charged. He ignores me all day yesterday, then this morning sends an ebay message that there 'must have been some sort of error' and the book was pulled from the site to be put at auction. Allegedly he is reversing the cc payment. To me, this is pretty shady. Debating what to do..

Notify Ebay and leave negative feedback.

He ignores me all day yesterday, then this morning sends an ebay message that there 'must have been some sort of error' and the book was pulled from the site to be put at auction. Allegedly he is reversing the cc payment. To me, this is pretty shady. Debating what to do..

^^ Ditto. This is beyond shady. It's pre-meditated and a case of the "oh fiddlestix, I lost some monies on that sayels, gotta stiff this buyer for my mistakage"

Sorry for the poor English, I'm a produkt of publik edumications.

REPORT HIM/HER/IT

Yeah I was thinking of reporting the item. Since I bought it off his website though I don't think I'll have any way of leaving ebay feedback.

Yeah I was thinking of reporting the item. Since I bought it off his website though I don't think I'll have any way of leaving ebay feedback.

What website was it?

Buy the book on ebay, click the payment already sent button (since you have already paid via CC) and then when he refunds you neg him.

He ignores me all day yesterday, then this morning sends an ebay message that there 'must have been some sort of error' and the book was pulled from the site to be put at auction. Allegedly he is reversing the cc payment. To me, this is pretty shady. Debating what to do..

^^ Ditto. This is beyond shady. It's pre-meditated and a case of the "oh fiddlestix, I lost some monies on that sayels, gotta stiff this buyer for my mistakage"

Sorry for the poor English, I'm a produkt of publik edumications.

REPORT HIM/HER/IT

Just sent a message to him indicating that this was wrong, a shady practice, and I was going to report the item.

A similar thing happened to me. I made an offer on a 9.8, I received a counter, and before I could accept, the seller ended the auction and relisted it for over $100 more.

But at least I didn't purchase it and then get refunded.

Edited by chaseman210

A similar thing happened to me. I made an offer on a 9.8, I received a counter, and before I could accept, the seller ended the auction and relisted it for over $100 more.

But at least I didn't purchase it and then get refunded.

In my case, if the seller is concerned about these situations, then have a system where you have to confirm availability and pricing of his items for sale. Don't post it for a set price and then have a site where you can pay that price, accept payment, and send a confirmation number. On the site it still says my order is 'processing', two days later. Smh

Buy the book on ebay, click the payment already sent button (since you have already paid via CC) and then when he refunds you neg him.

+1, but wait for the cc refund as noted.

A book like this is odd to me. Wasn't desirable, but now it's super popular selling for $50. If most of the folks here seem to think it won't increase but it's going to decrease then why buy? Seems if you buy it at $50 you've missed the boat. That said, gorgeous cover.