• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

And no one is paying $10K for the original cover art of Gwen-nom. :facepalm:

For that much, you could get a great Kirby page/piece of art. So yes, by all means, make an offer. :eyeroll:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Guardians-Of-Knowhere-1-1st-Gwenom-variant-original-cover-art-by-Rob-Guillory-/301905385394?hash=item464af697b2:g:KQ8AAOSwyjBW8LoO

A guy had 20 copies for sale at $24.95 this morning. They all sold out.

Smart guy. Well priced, he paid much less. Got his profit and he is out.

What kills me are these greedy :censored: that ask for well over the going price looking for a sucker.

isn't this the Modern flipper mantra

chest-thump.gif

That Guardians of Nowhere is everywhere on Ebay. It's not even limited anymore. It's going "Nowhere". :D

I dunno, only like 8-10 copies on ebay, bids up to $38 on one. Completed sales like crazy...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=guardians%20of%20knowhere%201%20gwen&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

by putting Gwen in the search field you are significantly limiting your search results.

Thanks for the tip, I didn't even think about it when I did the quick search.

It is odd that "Gwen" would catch less hits then "Gwenom" as I would think that "Gwen" would catch all spelling variations.

Edited by Kaboom

not sure if the question belongs here. but if I had a combo pack that I wanted slabbed do I need to remove the bag before sending? yes, right?

also, is it better for me to keep them in the bag and sell "raw"? sorry just reviewing ebay listings and was curious.

What kills me are these greedy :censored: that ask for well over the going price looking for a sucker.

Thats how you do it. Smart seller!

not sure if the question belongs here. but if I had a combo pack that I wanted slabbed do I need to remove the bag before sending? yes, right?

also, is it better for me to keep them in the bag and sell "raw"? sorry just reviewing ebay listings and was curious.

You'll have to remove the bag, or give CGC permission to remove it for you. If you decide to go the grading route, I'd definitely remove it first and check the book out before submitting, to be sure it's worth doing. Those bags hide flaws that you might not notice.

You'll have to remove the bag, or give CGC permission to remove it for you. If you decide to go the grading route, I'd definitely remove it first and check the book out before submitting, to be sure it's worth doing. Those bags hide flaws that you might not notice.

Didn't think about that, good point. Thanks.

Didn't think about that, good point. Thanks.

(thumbs u Good luck!

isn't this the Modern flipper mantra

chest-thump.gif

It's only greedy when someone else is making money....

:popcorn:

I disagree. Its greedy when a going price(with multiple sales) is $60 and in the same grade you ask $120.

I don't have any problem with people making money on hot books or any books for that matter. Its okay to ask for a premium for a higher grade, book its not okay to try and ask double the price. Its called being a :censored:

Don't even get me started on these :censored: bags that run websites and then sell books they pump.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I disagree. Its greedy when a going price(with multiple sales) is $60 and in the same grade you ask $120.

I don't have any problem with people making money on hot books or any books for that matter. Its okay to ask for a premium for a higher grade, book its not okay to try and ask double the price. Its called being a :censored:

Don't even get me started on these :censored: bags that run websites and then sell books they pump.

:roflmao:

:screwy:

How many times you get caught "holding the bag"?