• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

It depends on the day

#138 for $59.99 free shipping

Issue #132 CGC 9.8 $87 shipped

Both of these represent the sale prior to your listings. I doubt her 1st appearance will lag behind her 2nd for long. 2c

hm the cover is way cooler on 138.........

Agree 100% and picked up a couple more 138's over the weekend for just above cover. Been grabbing them whenever I see them, which hasn't been too often

Cover of 138 is some skinny guy sticking his hands down his pants how is that cooler

Because inside we found out the person wearing a mask and toting a shotgun is a woman, she's bald, and oh yeah her name is Alpha. All important criteria for a 1st app IMO.

So Batman unmasked is his most important appearance ? The masks ARE what make the Whisperers who they are, not the person's face underneath.

The whisperers are many and insignificant kinda like the Borg versus the Borg Queen. Without the queen they are nameless. 2c

So Batman unmasked is his most important appearance ? The masks ARE what make the Whisperers who they are, not the person's face underneath.

The whisperers are many and insignificant kinda like the Borg versus the Borg Queen. Without the queen they are nameless. 2c

So are superheroes. Barry Allen dies, hello Wally West. Which would you rather have ? First Peter Parker or first Spider-man ? Which one sells books ? (shrug)

So are superheroes. Barry Allen dies, hello Wally West. Which would you rather have ? First Peter Parker or first Spider-man ? Which one sells books ? (shrug)

Barry isn't the King of the Flash masked army. I look at the whisperers as a collective. They choose to follow one of their "own" but that one they chose to lead is specific named Alpha. She is a whisperer sure but is distinctive among the group. Batman isn't the king of the Batman masked army of like dressed thugs. If there was a army of Spider-man or Batman's running around that all looked the same and Batman happens to be named later as the leader which one would be worth more? The one that shows thousands of the same suited thugs or the one of him specifically revealed as their leader? 2c

Edited by natevegas

132 is just a cameo appearance of Alpha on the last page only and 133 is another 2 page cameo. So 138 it is

Barry isn't the King of the Flash masked army. I look at the whisperers as a collective. They choose to follow one of their "own" but that one they chose to lead is specific named Alpha. She is a whisperer sure but is distinctive among the group. Batman isn't the king of the Batman masked army of like dressed thugs. 2c

Borg tried to take over and assimilate groups of people. Whisperers are isolationists.

Batman, Grayson, Jason, Damien, Carrie, Barbara, and... who is the king ? :P

132 is just a cameo appearance of Alpha on the last page only and 133 is another 2 page cameo. So 138 it is

Would agree if not for Darkseid, Doomsday ...and the guys directly associated with the creation of the character saying its #132. Read the letters pages.

It depends on the day

#138 for $59.99 free shipping

Issue #132 CGC 9.8 $87 shipped

Both of these represent the sale prior to your listings. I doubt her 1st appearance will lag behind her 2nd for long. 2c

The 59.99 was a BIN

I chose these two links because they were auction listings that ended a couple minutes apart. 132 had 2 bids and 138 had 7. Raws are also veering in the direction of 138 over 132, just look.

I am long on both books, so I don't care which one wins.

Barry isn't the King of the Flash masked army. I look at the whisperers as a collective. They choose to follow one of their "own" but that one they chose to lead is specific named Alpha. She is a whisperer sure but is distinctive among the group. Batman isn't the king of the Batman masked army of like dressed thugs. 2c

Borg tried to take over and assimilate groups of people. Whisperers are isolationists.

Look at is like this. If bat girl, robin, nightwing etc all dressed up in the same identical Batman suit and they didn't reveal any person specifically until a later issue that one of those Batman clones took off a mask and was named Bruce Wayne and he's the leader of the Batman clone army yeah that one would be the money book.

The Borg were drones all kinda the same with a designation number. We don't even have that with the Whisperers other than Alpha and Beta that's it. If they were in a movie the credits would say Whisperer # whatever. Even that would be more specific than what we have now. We have her unmasked and telling everyone (the reader) she's the boss and her name is Alpha.

Look at is like this. If bat girl, robin, nightwing etc all dressed up in the same identical Batman suit and they didn't reveal any person specifically until a later issue that one of those Batman clones took off a mask and was named Bruce Wayne and he's the leader of the Batman clone army yeah that one would be the money book.

The Borg were drones all kinda the same with a designation number. We don't even have that with the Whisperers other than Alpha and Beta that's it. If they were in a movie the credits would say Whisperer # whatever. Even that would be more specific than what we have now. We have her unmasked and telling everyone (the reader) she's the boss and her name is Alpha.

I didn't realize that the Whisperers shared the same skin. Next lol

I didn't realize that the Whisperers shared the same skin. Next lol

They are all looking close to the same just like the Borg. Come on nobody can tell oh that's Bob or Jamie over there. lol They don't even "whisper" to each other while walking "man Alpha is making us work to hard and cutting our rations this week, what say you Jim Bob" "Oh yeah she's a ball breaker lately I don't know what to do about it Jimmy" :roflmao: