• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,766 posts in this topic

Tron variants are the new Venom variants. (or maybe Venom variants were the new Tron variants :insane: )

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=tron%20variant&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Are you the CBSI GUY? Tron pump and dump

Man these guys buy this stuff up then pump it ! Any one following these guys are C H U M P S !

Its not pump and dump. Its pump and chump....

Anyone with a brain knows those books have been bought by mostly BY PUMPERS before the hyped up web post. I mean this is getting desperate.

Amen brotha !! :golfclap:

I've asked this before and I think I got a response from you as to something like "you can tell the pump & dumpers".

How are you supposed to talk about comics you like and not be considered a pump & dumper?

The Tron variants have sold pretty well for a while depending on the cover. The ASM has been pretty consistently over $50.

Edited by ygogolak

Tron variants are the new Venom variants. (or maybe Venom variants were the new Tron variants :insane: )

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=tron%20variant&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Man these guys buy this stuff up then pump it ! Any one following these guys are C H U M P S !

Anyone with a brain knows those books have been bought by mostly BY PUMPERS before the hyped up web post. I mean this is getting desperate.

I've asked this before and I think I got a response from you as to something like "you can tell the pump & dumpers".

How are you supposed to talk about comics you like and not be considered a pump & dumper?

The Tron variants have sold pretty well for a while depending on the cover. The ASM has been pretty consistently over $50.

:applause:

I think modern variants with nothing special about them will crash and burn. I feel bad for some of the people that get sucked into the hype. Hopefully its just desperate flippers selling to each other. I mean its getting real crooked.

+1

All ages of books have flippers, not just moderns. When I sold my first AF15 on feebay, the guy swore he'd never sell it, a die hard fan, blah blah blah. The next week there she was back up on feebay set for the guy to make $2,000 profit or whatever *thumbs down*

Jerome

So true. Any book that gets talked about get essentially getting 'pumped', I mean look at this thread title. By that logic, anyone whose posted a book in this thread is a pumper no different than CBSI.

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

:applause:

Maaaaan its so hard in here for a pump n dump'er

2lve7u1.gif

Actually you just call more attention to books being pumped by people, and make it more difficult and uncomfortable for those that would like to simply bring information here.

I think modern variants with nothing special about them will crash and burn. I feel bad for some of the people that get sucked into the hype. Hopefully its just desperate flippers selling to each other. I mean its getting real crooked.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. If nothing is happening between the pages in these variants, then why will people give a damn about them 20 - 30 years from now?

There are plenty of collectors who buy books for the cover art alone so this isn't always true.

Plus there some keys...

New Avengers 7-Squirrel Girl becomes Jessica Jones Nanny. ( laugh all you want on this one but there's a pretty big Squirrel Girl fan base out there.)

Thor 617-First Kid Loki

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. If nothing is happening between the pages in these variants, then why will people give a damn about them 20 - 30 years from now?

There are plenty of collectors who buy books for the cover art alone so this isn't always true.

Plus there some keys...

New Avengers 7-Squirrel Girl becomes Jessica Jones Nanny. ( laugh all you want on this one but there's a pretty big Squirrel Girl fan base out there.)

Thor 617-First Kid Loki

Anyone who doesn't know this is demonstrating a shocking ignorance of the comics market.

Going all the way back to the GA, some of the most valuable and sought after books are such based only on their covers, be it because of the image itself, the artist , or both.

-J.

Plus there some keys...

Thor 617-First Kid Loki

Anyone who doesn't know this is demonstrating a shocking ignorance of the comics market.

Going all the way back to the GA, some of the most valuable and sought after books are such based only on their covers, be it because of the image itself, the artist , or both.

-J.

I would tend to agree. I don't own any Venom/Tron variants and I'm not selling any, so I don't have a horse in this race. But I'd wager that a lot of the people buying these specific variants are fans of the character or the art, or both. Venom fans are pretty hardcore. Maybe it just took a while for the books to catch on. Same with Tron (though I'd expect it to be to a lesser extent).

I personally tend to stay away from variants that have nothing to do with the book itself (like Venom variant on, I don't know, a Dr. Strange book, or something) but that's just my preference. Some of these covers are pretty cool looking though!

I don't see any of these modern variants that people are after getting a "classic cover" notation in the future.

I think that 95% of the variant covers will crash. I am making a small exception for Adam Hughs covers, and MAYBE Campbell covers. If there is a situation where you get a variant on what becomes a key book, all bets could be off just for that issue.

Actually you just call more attention to books being pumped by people, and make it more difficult and uncomfortable for those that would like to simply bring information here.

My dear friend.

would you kindly ignore me so we could be even?

Edited by Aweandlorder

I don't see any of these modern variants that people are after getting a "classic cover" notation in the future.

Not a variant but Detective 880 is definitely in the "classic cover" category

So true. Any book that gets talked about get essentially getting 'pumped', I mean look at this thread title. By that logic, anyone whose posted a book in this thread is a pumper no different than CBSI.

Jerome

Pumping and dumping falls under the "you know it when you see it" umbrella. Unfortunately people can't always see it.

Very big difference between casually mentioning a demonstrative sales trend in this thread and posting an article on a website solely dedicated to making money by reselling books. And then using imaginary print numbers to push rarity of said books. And then having links to buy said books under said article.

Are the Tron variants being mentioned because they are actually heating up? A few of those have always sold well (the ASM, the Hulks, the Avengers one with Moon Knight) but are they doing better now? If the argument to buy these books is simply that they've been ignored for the past 5 years and now people are catching on, well that doesn't hold much water.

If you aren't using actual market data to make a case for a book here, then you better have some actual reasons, facts, and evidence to support your position. If your advice is of the "low print, variant cover, book has legs" variety then just please go away.

I checked GPA on a couple of the Tron variants.Not many sales.Only 9.8 sales I saw were for around $50-$60, couple years ago.

There is a tron Wolverine 4 CGC 9.8 at $85 with best offer, currently unsold.

I'd pay $10-$40 for unquestionable 9.8 raws, don't see any point to buying lesser copies, considering demand and grading costs.

Jerome

Pumping and dumping falls under the "you know it when you see it" umbrella. Unfortunately people can't always see it.

Very big difference between casually mentioning a demonstrative sales trend in this thread and posting an article on a website solely dedicated to making money by reselling books. And then using imaginary print numbers to push rarity of said books. And then having links to buy said books under said article.

Are the Tron variants being mentioned because they are actually heating up? A few of those have always sold well (the ASM, the Hulks, the Avengers one with Moon Knight) but are they doing better now? If the argument to buy these books is simply that they've been ignored for the past 5 years and now people are catching on, well that doesn't hold much water.

If you aren't using actual market data to make a case for a book here, then you better have some actual reasons, facts, and evidence to support your position. If your advice is of the "low print, variant cover, book has legs" variety then just please go away.

This thread is about discussing books that are heating up. If its heating up because of a spec site, or someones granny recommended it , who cares , its still heating up. And some are interested in just that.

If that annoys you, simply don't open the thread

Jerome

This thread is about discussing books that are heating up. If its heating up because of a spec site, or someones granny recommended it , who cares , its still heating up. And some are interested in just that.

If that annoys you, simply don't open the thread

If a book is "heating up" due to manipulation then it's in the best interest for everyone that cares about this hobby and its future to reveal and share that information. The more people that get burned by manufactured heat, the more people that will walk away from this hobby.

Anyone who truly doesn't care if a book is selling at a premium because of manufactured heat is doing nothing for but taking the money and running. They definitely don't care about the future of the hobby, they are the ones that will walk away from the wreckage of a crash and never look back as they run off to the next money maker.