• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,764 posts in this topic

Tron variants are the new Venom variants. (or maybe Venom variants were the new Tron variants :insane: )

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=tron%20variant&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Are you the CBSI GUY? Tron pump and dump

Man these guys buy this stuff up then pump it ! Any one following these guys are C H U M P S !

Its not pump and dump. Its pump and chump....

Anyone with a brain knows those books have been bought by mostly BY PUMPERS before the hyped up web post. I mean this is getting desperate.

Edited by paul747

I am always a skeptic till you show me a trend.

Its easy to show a sale or two from someone trying to push books, its quite another to show several books from different sellers appreciating all at once or individually on a book.

Articles on websites are great and very informative. When some take them as gospel then well you know how it goes......

I think modern variants with nothing special about them will crash and burn. I feel bad for some of the people that get sucked into the hype. Hopefully its just desperate flippers selling to each other. I mean its getting real crooked.

Tron variants are the new Venom variants. (or maybe Venom variants were the new Tron variants :insane: )

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=tron%20variant&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Man these guys buy this stuff up then pump it ! Any one following these guys are C H U M P S !

Anyone with a brain knows those books have been bought by mostly BY PUMPERS before the hyped up web post. I mean this is getting desperate.

Amen brotha !! :golfclap:

I think modern variants with nothing special about them will crash and burn. I feel bad for some of the people that get sucked into the hype. Hopefully its just desperate flippers selling to each other. I mean its getting real crooked.

Just like the 90's. :popcorn:

That is quite the sigline (worship)

Oh yeah and I agree.

Exactly. History repeats itself.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. If nothing is happening between the pages in these variants, then why will people give a damn about them 20 - 30 years from now?

lol no. I didn't read that article until this evening. I've been keeping an eye on them myself because I have the Captain America and Avengers ones. They look to have been selling pretty well on Ebay the last few months before that guy wrote the article signalling his sheep. I doubt they will sell for as much as the Venom variants due to the difference in scarcity, but they do seem to be heating up. I think they're pretty cool looking.

Just like the 90's. :popcorn:

^^

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. If nothing is happening between the pages in these variants, then why will people give a damn about them 20 - 30 years from now?

Because of cover art? Crazy yes, some of us buy good looking covers.

I love variants, if the variant is sweet I buy it, if is a sweet variant plus is a key is a win win for me.

+1

I've thought of buying those Tron variants before because A. I loved Tron as a kid (even the arcade game) and B. Those covers are, for the most part, really good looking. I'm not a cover collector which is why I passed but I can see why someone might want to display them. Are they $30 or $40 long term ? Who can say ? I'd be willing to bet that all of us that sell books have people we tell about BIG news before we bring it to the boards. I'm sure its no different for those guys. 2c

That's just about the safest bet around.

Some creative financial engineer needs to sell a put option on the group so we can score on the nosedive.

That's just about the safest bet around.

Some creative financial engineer needs to sell a put option on the group so we can score on the nosedive.

So let me get this straight....

You just told us the only modern comic books we should spend our money on are the most common versions of whatever "key" flavour of the week that you guys are talking about in here.

Great thanks, got it. (thumbs u

-J.