• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

Cause and effect

If you don't like the effect (print runs being called out) then change what's causing it (someone bringing up non factual data)

If someone brought a book that's not heating up, or a pump and dumper, heck even someone accused of misgrading gets smacked around more than the person who keeps bring up false print numbers.

He should just post the book and leave it at that

The problem is many of these people aren't here to learn, understand, share and talk comics.

Selling their comics is all that matters in their mind and this forum is a means to that end. Factual information is of no concern to them.

Which doesn't include jaydog. He's just misinformed.

Moderns Heating up on Ebay

aka

All Print Runs All the Time.

Funny thing is in most cases print runs have little to do with desirability. 2c

Except in the case of variants with unspectacular cover art and garbage interiors, where the only incentive people can offer potential buyers is membership in a supposedly very exclusive club.

I love venom variants. This sale makes me happy. I wish the print run wasn't only 12 1/2 copies though. I'd love to have more.

https://mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=36969209

Also, Preacher 1 has been good to me this week as well. Preacher had a print run of at least 700 copies, so it's not all that rare. Thank the gods I have more.

https://mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=26212946

https://mycomicshop.com/search?ItemID=35998946

aka

In most instances that's true. Desirability generally has to do with art appreciation, but in some instances print run can play a part.

Why else would there be any demand for the ugliest Dell'otto cover of all time?

To those who have a problem with the "argument"

If you wouldn't tolerate the misinformation when it's posted, others of us wouldn't need to correct that misinformation.

If you tolerate it, and look at it as nothing more than "just different opinions", then, yes, people are going to correct it when it comes up.

You ought to notice the pattern by now: someone posts the same erroneous information, which is where it always "starts."

If someone kept posting "2 + 2 = 5" would you get annoyed with people who came along and said "no, 2 + 2 = 4"....?

I suspect some of you probably would.

It happens every other week. Its not an argument. Its you telling people they're wrong.

Everyone knows they're wrong and that variants are not printed based on ratios. But PLEASE do we need to discuss this every five minutes? No. Just make a different thread and post it in here when someone says something stupid about how there are only x number of Venom variants ect.

aka

In most instances that's true. Desirability generally has to do with art appreciation, but in some instances print run can play a part.

Why else would there be any demand for the ugliest Dell'otto cover of all time?

Ugliest Dell'Otto > Best JRJR

If you wouldn't tolerate the misinformation when it's posted, others of us wouldn't need to correct that misinformation.

If you tolerate it, and look at it as nothing more than "just different opinions", then, yes, people are going to correct it when it comes up.

You ought to notice the pattern by now: someone posts the same erroneous information, which is where it always "starts."

If someone kept posting "2 + 2 = 5" would you get annoyed with people who came along and said "no, 2 + 2 = 4"....?

It happens every other week. Its not an argument. Its you telling people they're wrong.

Everyone knows they're wrong and that variants are not printed based on ratios. But PLEASE do we need to discuss this every five minutes? No. Just make a different thread and post it in here when someone says something stupid about how there are only x number of Venom variants ect.

I'm not sure why you take your frustration out on RMA. He's only responding to another post in this thread. If that first post isn't made then this response doesn't exist.

Maybe you should direct your frustration at that misleading post instead of this one. Furthermore you could just ignore this one and not click the spoiler tag.

Nothing personal against you just trying to redirect your frustration

And Chuck, and Lazyboy, and Revat, and 500club, and Mysterio, and FrankWhite, and Larry, and COMICKINGS, and....

So, why do you single me out, when I wasn't even the first one to correct the misinformation in this new go-round...?

There's a simple solution to being told you're wrong: stop posting things that are wrong.

Who says everyone knows they're wrong? Do you think people read every post? Or, that new people don't visit every day?

If you don't want it discussed "every five minutes", the solution, again, is simple: stop tolerating the posts of those who keep posting the same misinformation every five minutes.

But it seems that you, and people who think as you do, only have a problem when the misinformation is corrected, rather than when it's posted.

Where are the complaints when that same old misinformation is posted in the first place...?

Yep. Vomit. You just can't help yourselves.

Thanks again guys ! (thumbs u

-J.

It's funny how your comments apply directly at your own posts. You couldn't help yourself when you posted your "estimate print run". Could have just posted your link but nope, had to try your "variant math"

Just can't help yourself.

Well said

Well said

Yes, very well said, except the parts that aren't true. Other than that, yes.

Well played, RockMyAmadeus.

Just when i think there's NO way you could be any more grating than you already are, you bust out that spoiler tag shenanigan.

You take d ink to a whole now level with that one.

Kudos.

Just when i think there's NO way you could be any more grating than you already are, you bust out that spoiler tag shenanigan.

Kudos.

Ah, Larry, you ol' charmer, you... :luhv:

Kudos.

The spoiler thing is great. The quote chains on this forum are ridiculous.

Hey guys...its been noted earlier Henchgirl has been picking up speed recently either print run or the TV whispers.

Just wanted to see whether anyone knew for sure what issue would be recognised as a true 1st as there seems to be three.

Henchgirl 1 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Henchgirl-1-First-Published-By-Kristen-Gudsnuk-First-Appearance-/152102083996?hash=item2369fd9d9c:g:SrkAAOSwDV1XRHDQ

Henchgirl 1 Scout Copy 2500 ish copies

Henchgirl 1 Ashcan Edition

Who is "Scout Comics"? There's an eBay seller called "Scout comics" in the Sacramento, CA area....is that the same thing?

Astonishing, to see $900+ spent on a preview of a character almost no one's heard of, but established books with established characters go begging.

Just amazing.