• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

I could easily see the Deadpool due to built in audience.

Who is buying the Inhumans. Scarcity or not the demand for the book has to come from where? Pure speculation? if so somebody's gonna get their hand caught on that one.

That is the best question, let alone how many shops do you know of that bought 100 copies of ALL NEW INHUMANS, not Uncanny Inhumans which actually has a stronger readership.

The demand is people like me whom are completing an entire Hip Hop Variant Collection. I am obviously not alone, and I am just collecting what I like.

RMA, you paid too much, the Deadpool was in the diamond variant blow out at $2.00, so some places got really lucky with that one.

And that is why you never auction anything, B.I.N.

Those are some crazy cheap prices.

Youd look each and every one of those auctions in BIN and find them to be just as NOT sought after and just as cheap.. Ill auction those all day long

I could easily see the Deadpool due to built in audience.

Who is buying the Inhumans. Scarcity or not the demand for the book has to come from where? Pure speculation? if so somebody's gonna get their hand caught on that one.

Maybe they skyrocketed cuz of the cover?

Rebirth is a phenomenon..... So far every store I've been to have been close to sold out on everything and I got there right when they opened

I had one store owner tell me he hasn't seen this type of demand for a comic in over 25 years

Edited by krighton

Rebirth is a phenomenon..... So far every store I've been to have been close to sold out on everything and I got there right when they opened

I had one store owner tell me he hasn't seen this type of demand for a comic in over 25 years

+1

all 4 stores I visit. One owner who is usually very grumpy was beaming last Wednesday. Stores are crazy busy on comic day

Yeah, so far just visited two stores, but I'm probably going to go to another one downtown in an hour or so. I was third in the door at my closest LCS, I had my pick of any of the variants for any of the Rebirth books from this week, except for Detective Comics... the regular cover A was all in subscribers boxes. When I left, there was a decent little stack of all the Rebirth books left... I don't expect to see them tomorrow, especially after seeing what the guy behind me at this LCS did at the 2nC down the road mere minutes later. I went into the 2nC to see if they had the regular cover Detective Comics, which they had about 3 of every regular cover of Rebirth books and 2 of every variant, I also picked up another Flash regular cover and Wonder Woman variant for good measure. The guy I mentioned from the other LCS proceeded to pick up every last copy of every Rebirth book as soon as I walked away. Just to note, I was the first person to get to the comics at 2nC that day, as the guy was just finishing putting them out when I got there.

Edited by BishopT

Yeah, so far just visited two stores, but I'm probably going to go to another one downtown in an hour or so. I was third in the door at my closest LCS, I had my pick of any of the variants for any of the Rebirth books from this week, except for Detective Comics... the regular cover A was all in subscribers boxes. When I left, there was a decent little stack of all the Rebirth books left... I don't expect to see them tomorrow, especially after seeing what the guy behind me at this LCS did at the 2nC down the road mere minutes later. I went into the 2nC to see if they had the regular cover Detective Comics, which they had about 3 of every regular cover of Rebirth books and 2 of every variant, I also picked up another Flash regular cover and Wonder Woman variant for good measure. The guy I mentioned from the other LCS proceeded to pick up every last copy of every Rebirth book as soon as I walked away. Just to note, I was the first person to get to the comics at 2nC that day, as the guy was just finishing putting them out when I got there.

How does 2nC price the variants they get in ( not the Fried Pie ones)?

It depends... most of the higher tier variants like 1:25, 1:50 are bumped up to competitive prices and put in glass display counters. Most of the smaller like 1:5, 1:10, and shelf variants are cover price or just a couple bucks more. There was a period, though, when I could find 1:25 and 1:50 Valiant variants there for cover, but those days are pretty well gone.

These DC Rebirth variants are all cover.

Comichron shows a ~90K sales for Deadpool #2, but only 26K for the Inhumans. Both are 1:100 variants, and hence the scarcity/$ they command.

What do the sales of the regular editions have to do with the scarcity of the 1:100s? What does a book being a 1:100 have to do with its scarcity?

I just bought a few 1:100s for $4 each a while ago.

Google Alerts!

Yeah,ok...sure you did.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9363217#Post9363217

These were on a Diamond/Marvel dealer only variant sale a few years ago...$2 each....I missed out on these but got about 25 of the Uncanny X-Men 5 Venom variants out of that deal back then.

:shrug:

Marvel has ANOTHER half price variant sale going on RIGHT NOW that includes 800 different variants from the last year at half cover price including about 40% of them being 1:25. Lots of Hip Hop Variants.

Comichron shows a ~90K sales for Deadpool #2, but only 26K for the Inhumans. Both are 1:100 variants, and hence the scarcity/$ they command.

What do the sales of the regular editions have to do with the scarcity of the 1:100s? What does a book being a 1:100 have to do with its scarcity?

Google Alerts!

Yeah,ok...sure you did.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9363217#Post9363217

These were on a Diamond/Marvel dealer only variant sale a few years ago...$2 each....I missed out on these but got about 25 of the Uncanny X-Men 5 Venom variants out of that deal back then.

Marvel has ANOTHER half price variant sale going on RIGHT NOW that includes 800 different variants from the last year at half cover price including about 40% of them being 1:25. Lots of Hip Hop Variants.

We can give our orders directly to you, right? :)

Google Alerts!

Yeah,ok...sure you did.

We can give our orders directly to you, right? :)

Sure... what would you like?

then why all the whining?

you should be pleased.

You're upset because somebody posted the info, when it should have been you?

You were the guy "hanging."

Any & all questions should be directed to you.

:)

I wouldn't have had a problem with the post if it had been more accurate and not trying to rip people off into thinking that only a few copies were out there. Be honest from the start and say that over 100 were sold, don't imply that it's in the dozen area, and then let people bid accordingly.

Seems like the only ones with their panties in a bunch are you and the Comic BS I guy who won't be able to gouge potential suckers

its Comic-B.S.-I. Please use the proper hyphens and periods in future sentence structures.

lol

BTW I did see a few people with copies of the Preacher WW comic con box variant that had the Preacher and Vertigo logos on the front. And by that I mean "only a few"

Weird. I'm sure we're only just starting to begin to see the flood of new Preacher #1 reprints.

I know we've all moved on to Rebirth.

But that virgin Preacher 1 reprint is making some people a tidy profit on Ebay.

I believe it was stated that it was $20.00 per at WWPhilly.

If that was the case at least one guy has made about $500 bucks +/- on the bay.

Heck, the 'free' reprint is selling for 5.00 per. Hilarious.

you should be pleased.

I wouldn't have had a problem with the post if it had been more accurate and not trying to rip people off into thinking that only a few copies were out there. Be honest from the start and say that over 100 were sold, don't imply that it's in the dozen area, and then let people bid accordingly.

Seems like the only ones with their panties in a bunch are you and the Comic BS I guy who won't be able to gouge potential suckers

its Comic-B.S.-I. Please use the proper hyphens and periods in future sentence structures.

lol

BTW I did see a few people with copies of the Preacher WW comic con box variant that had the Preacher and Vertigo logos on the front. And by that I mean "only a few"

Weird. I'm sure we're only just starting to begin to see the flood of new Preacher #1 reprints.

Yeah, probably should've bought 5 or 10 of them for the quick sale. Curious to see what they sell for when it's officially released in the WW box.

"If" they follow the same pattern as the BA 12 reprint, there will be a full color with title logos, the virgin variant and a sketch variant

you should be pleased.

lol

Yeah, probably should've bought 5 or 10 of them for the quick sale. Curious to see what they sell for when it's officially released in the WW box.

"If" they follow the same pattern as the BA 12 reprint, there will be a full color with title logos, the virgin variant and a sketch variant

Ahhhh,

The Secret Origin of your i-ness: Yeah, probably should've bought 5 or 10 of them for the quick sale.

You were right there.

Opportunity staring you down.

You couldn't pull the trigger.

Others did.

You got really, REALLY cranky & needed a nap.

You're better now.

Secret Origins rule!

Edited by LarrysComics