• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

From the CBSI article:

"He didn’t have many copies this weekend and the ones that he did were gobbled up fast."

Over 100 for sale isn't not having "many" copies. And no they weren't gobbled up fast, they were for sale until an hour before the show ended on Sunday. His handler Alex said that they went over their limit a few times but didn't want to turn down any fans

"He signed some and even did sketches on a few"

He signed most of the ones that he sold from what I saw on Sat & Sun when I spent the bulk of the day with him, and he did sketches on more than "a few". I saw him sketch on close to 2 dozen

When everyone was packing up he was signing a pile of 50 or more copies which were "for Wizard." That's His and Alex's word, not mine

You obviously have an investment axe to grind to come in and make only your second post since March, but if you want a pitchfork it's yours

** I'll add that in the CBSI article he says that he'll update it as more info becomes available. I know they're on here. I put the info out there. No update yet.**

100+ copies of a DC property isn't low?

If that's the entire print run, yes. But we all know that it's not

Are your panties bunched because you didn't buy one?

*shrug*

The guys that were on the floor & recognized the opportunity at hand should do well.

First to market usually commands a premium, right?

That was a killer show.

I was hanging out with him for 2 days. I got hooked up

**Alex (his handler / mgr) also gave me a copy of the Batman Adventures #12 Comic Con Box variant

then why all the whining?

you should be pleased.

You're upset because somebody posted the info, when it should have been you?

You were the guy "hanging."

Any & all questions should be directed to you.

:)

Edited by LarrysComics

@Lonzilla I was at the show and talked with Fabry about these books myself Sunday after the post. These are the 200 virgin comps given to him by the manufacturer. Yes, he had 200 to sell which is the stack you see in the video you provided. He also only sold half, and is keeping the other half to distribute through his art rep and Trinity. These are different books than the ones being sold later in August and you can verify it by image on the website. I don't believe the CBSI guys are incorrect in the information they presented. Notice the cover differences?

Get your pitchforks out though........

preacher1a_1.jpg

From the CBSI article:

"He didn’t have many copies this weekend and the ones that he did were gobbled up fast."

Over 100 for sale isn't not having "many" copies. And no they weren't gobbled up fast, they were for sale until an hour before the show ended on Sunday. His handler Alex said that they went over their limit a few times but didn't want to turn down any fans

"He signed some and even did sketches on a few"

He signed most of the ones that he sold from what I saw on Sat & Sun when I spent the bulk of the day with him, and he did sketches on more than "a few". I saw him sketch on close to 2 dozen

When everyone was packing up he was signing a pile of 50 or more copies which were "for Wizard." That's His and Alex's word, not mine

You obviously have an investment axe to grind to come in and make only your second post since March, but if you want a pitchfork it's yours

** I'll add that in the CBSI article he says that he'll update it as more info becomes available. I know they're on here. I put the info out there. No update yet.**

I just want to chime in and say if you look at the back of the book it says "wizard variant con box" or whatever. So they clearly moved the logo to the back.

Anyone thinking they would use the same cover when we've already seen at least one other NEW cover... is wrong.

anyways, CBSI podcast tomorrow night. XOXO

Any insight on this? Same seller, same book. Different sales of $1,000 to possibly different buyers.

ASM #361 CGC 9.8

ASM #361 CGC 9.8

Something smells fake about it due to it being sold twice, but I guess it is a double cover book and there are some that will pay a huge premium for that.

Edited by kimik

Any insight on this? Same seller, same book. Different sales of $1,000 to possibly different buyers.

ASM #361 CGC 9.8

ASM #361 CGC 9.8

Best offer accepted. Probably nothing particularly noteworthy:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=amazing+spider-man+361+cgc+9.8&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=10001&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=100&LH_Complete=1

you should be pleased.

I wouldn't have had a problem with the post if it had been more accurate and not trying to rip people off into thinking that only a few copies were out there. Be honest from the start and say that over 100 were sold, don't imply that it's in the dozen area, and then let people bid accordingly.

Seems like the only ones with their panties in a bunch are you and the Comic BS I guy who won't be able to gouge potential suckers

you should be pleased.

I wouldn't have had a problem with the post if it had been more accurate and not trying to rip people off into thinking that only a few copies were out there. Be honest from the start and say that over 100 were sold, don't imply that it's in the dozen area, and then let people bid accordingly.

Seems like the only ones with their panties in a bunch are you and the Comic BS I guy who won't be able to gouge potential suckers

its Comic-B.S.-I. Please use the proper hyphens and periods in future sentence structures.

you should be pleased.

its Comic-B.S.-I. Please use the proper hyphens and periods in future sentence structures.

lol

BTW I did see a few people with copies of the Preacher WW comic con box variant that had the Preacher and Vertigo logos on the front. And by that I mean "only a few"

Edited by Lonzilla

you should be pleased.

lol

BTW I did see a few people with copies of the Preacher WW comic con box variant that had the Preacher and Vertigo logos on the front. And by that I mean "only a few"

Weird. I'm sure we're only just starting to begin to see the flood of new Preacher #1 reprints.

Marvel Comics Presents #72 sold

First Weapon X

From Comicbook.com

Rumors suggest that the 20th Century Fox’s third Wolverine movie will be titled Weapon X. The title would share a name with the secret government genetics research organization from the Marvel Universe that removed Logan’s memories and grafted adamantium to his skeleton, turning him into a feral killing machine. The title was also used for a Barry Windsor-Smith story published in Marvel Comics Presents that showed these experiments for the first time.

The report from GameZone also claims that the film’s title, along with the first bit of footage and a poster, will be revealed at San Diego Comic-Con 2016. GameZone learned this information from sources they “assure” us are reliable. Wolverine appeared as Weapon X in X-Men: Apocalypse and the post-credits scene showed the Essex Corporation taking possession of the project’s data, so the title would seem to be a natural follow-up. The film’s villains will be a mad scientist and a corporate executive, both of which would be at home in a film focusing on the shady government organization.

and has a really really really low print run (kdn)

you should be pleased.

So here is the skinny....

A case of 200 copies was at the show, I know because I saw the case.

100 copies were to be signed and put aside, for what I believe was the comicbox people; the other 100 copies went to Glenn and his art rep Andy(not Alex as youve said; she was a copsplayer hanging around them all weekend). By 3:30pm on Sunday, there were 0 copies left of the 100.

How many virgin copies were printed in total? I have not a clue. I only know how many copies were made available to the public at WWPhilly, and that is 100.

you should be pleased.

lol..

I didn't buy ANY.

Not one.

My booth was mental...

I didn't leave.

Ask around.