• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

The MAN was talking about what I was talking about

The other MAN was talking about 1:100 in general

Got that... MAN?

Awe MAN...get over it

Why? He is absolutely correct. You didn't correctly read what I wrote.

And as you can see, if you clicked the eBay link, there are multiple 1:100 variants that have sold for around $4 (not including shipping) recently.

then why all the whining?

you should be pleased.

You're upset because somebody posted the info, when it should have been you?

You were the guy "hanging."

Any & all questions should be directed to you.

:)

I wouldn't have had a problem with the post if it had been more accurate and not trying to rip people off into thinking that only a few copies were out there. Be honest from the start and say that over 100 were sold, don't imply that it's in the dozen area, and then let people bid accordingly.

Seems like the only ones with their panties in a bunch are you and the Comic BS I guy who won't be able to gouge potential suckers

its Comic-B.S.-I. Please use the proper hyphens and periods in future sentence structures.

lol

BTW I did see a few people with copies of the Preacher WW comic con box variant that had the Preacher and Vertigo logos on the front. And by that I mean "only a few"

Weird. I'm sure we're only just starting to begin to see the flood of new Preacher #1 reprints.

I know we've all moved on to Rebirth.

But that virgin Preacher 1 reprint is making some people a tidy profit on Ebay.

I believe it was stated that it was $20.00 per at WWPhilly.

If that was the case at least one guy has made about $500 bucks +/- on the bay.

Heck, the 'free' reprint is selling for 5.00 per. Hilarious.

Yeah, probably should've bought 5 or 10 of them for the quick sale. Curious to see what they sell for when it's officially released in the WW box.

"If" they follow the same pattern as the BA 12 reprint, there will be a full color with title logos, the virgin variant and a sketch variant

Ahhhh,

The Secret Origin of your i-ness: Yeah, probably should've bought 5 or 10 of them for the quick sale.

You were right there.

Opportunity staring you down.

You couldn't pull the trigger.

Others did.

You got really, REALLY cranky & needed a nap.

You're better now.

Secret Origins rule!

What's it like being a compete miserable cockhead your entire life? Your history of public racist remarks is well documented, it's a miracle that you're still here and aren't on probation again. It's gotta be killing you to hold your db tongue.

I chose to not "pull the trigger" on multiples of these reprints, it's not like I didn't have the opportunity, they were there for days puta. Should I have made a few bucks? Sure. Will I lose sleep over it? Nope.

The $30 I paid for a Herr Starr sketch is worth more to me than getting a couple of books to flip.

If you don't get that, and I'd gather that you don't, then you never will.

Go peddle your Jesus Island toilet paper.

You're a joke

Got that... MAN?

Awe MAN...get over it

And as you can see, if you clicked the eBay link, there are multiple 1:100 variants that have sold for around $4 (not including shipping) recently.

Hello RMA...long time yeah I read it correctly

Got that... MAN?

Awe MAN...get over it

So, what did your "yeah, right" in response to me saying I bought 1:100s for $4 mean....?

Got that... MAN?

Awe MAN...get over it

So, what did your "yeah, right" in response to me saying I bought 1:100s for $4 mean....?

That I missed you.

you should be pleased.

I wouldn't have had a problem with the post if it had been more accurate and not trying to rip people off into thinking that only a few copies were out there. Be honest from the start and say that over 100 were sold, don't imply that it's in the dozen area, and then let people bid accordingly.

Seems like the only ones with their panties in a bunch are you and the Comic BS I guy who won't be able to gouge potential suckers

its Comic-B.S.-I. Please use the proper hyphens and periods in future sentence structures.

lol

BTW I did see a few people with copies of the Preacher WW comic con box variant that had the Preacher and Vertigo logos on the front. And by that I mean "only a few"

Weird. I'm sure we're only just starting to begin to see the flood of new Preacher #1 reprints.

Yeah, probably should've bought 5 or 10 of them for the quick sale. Curious to see what they sell for when it's officially released in the WW box.

"If" they follow the same pattern as the BA 12 reprint, there will be a full color with title logos, the virgin variant and a sketch variant

Ahhhh,

The Secret Origin of your i-ness: Yeah, probably should've bought 5 or 10 of them for the quick sale.

You were right there.

Others did.

You're better now.

Secret Origins rule!

What's it like being a compete miserable cockhead your entire life? Your history of public racist remarks is well documented, it's a miracle that you're still here and aren't on probation again. It's gotta be killing you to hold your db tongue.

I chose to not "pull the trigger" on multiples of these reprints, it's not like I didn't have the opportunity, they were there for days puta. Should I have made a few bucks? Sure. Will I lose sleep over it? Nope.

The $30 I paid for a Herr Starr sketch is worth more to me than getting a couple of books to flip.

You're a joke

EVERY time I see someone call larry a racist I just think "well here comes the Hitler argument".

Heres one thing that people here need to understand:

:news: Theres more to comic books than whats discussed in these boards

:news: Theres more to comics than disclosed sold listings on eBay

:news: Theres more to comics than hype

Theres not always a specific explanation as to why a certain book/title behaves the way it does

Sometimes its a trend, sometimes its demand, sometimes its a cool cover. NOTHING IS SET IN STONE

So no, nothing has changed, 1:100 variant are NOT all lucrative, Hip Hop variants are NOT all in demand, and not all Deadpool comics are sought after. (But certainly Inhumans comics are)

Just enjoy collecting what you like and feel free to offer your interpretation, but for the love of god, stop making statements about both

you should be pleased.

lol

Ahhhh,

You were right there.

Others did.

You're better now.

Secret Origins rule!

You're a joke

Your history of public racist remarks is well documented,

"Lonzilla",

I engaged in an online debate about Miles Morales & went way over the top trying to be funny....

Once.

On my vacation so far I have been to 4 shops in 4 states.(Its all my wife has let me so far.) So far here is what I have seen. I will detail this later in Comics General next week in a larger write up.

I can tell you Rebirth is doing well. Its not the sell out yet at shops. It is selling well, but Ive still been to shops with 20+ copies of Batman and 50+ copies of Superman.

Where some of these shops are making a mistake is not limiting buyers in how many they can get. I know this brings up all types of whining here about restriction, but opportunities like this for shops don't come too often I hope they are making the most of it.

I watched one shop owner take new customers thru all the new books on the rack explaining which would be good reads for his younger kids. I watched another give me a tour of his shop and both new and back issues.(I was impressed with this.)

Some shops are very well proud of their variants and hot back issues. So much so they ask 25-40% above eBay's ending prices. I am not sure where they correct balance is, but man to see a book that routinely sells for $30-40 and the shop has it for $50-60 is pretty staggering.

I had a shop take a book out of my hand for the first time and re-price it right in front of me. That's a first for me in many years.

Another shop gave me a discount for paying cash while another gave me a card as I spend X amount of dollars I will get a discount as well. I was happy with both these approaches and will definitely go back to both shops next time I am in that area.

What I really liked best was people are still actively reading and searching for back issues in all shops. When I stop seeing that then I will worry since the latest Yahoo article has invited a lot of new money into our hobby over the next year.

you should be pleased.

lol

Ahhhh,

You were right there.

Others did.

You're better now.

Secret Origins rule!

You're a joke

Your history of public racist remarks is well documented,

"Lonzilla",

I engaged in an online debate about Miles Morales & went way over the top trying to be funny....

Once.

This reminds me of a movie quote----

"My mother hung me on a hook once...

Once"

On my vacation so far I have been to 4 shops in 4 states.(Its all my wife has let me so far.) So far here is what I have seen. I will detail this later in Comics General next week in a larger write up.

I can tell you Rebirth is doing well. Its not the sell out yet at shops. It is selling well, but Ive still been to shops with 20+ copies of Batman and 50+ copies of Superman.

Where some of these shops are making a mistake is not limiting buyers in how many they can get. I know this brings up all types of whining here about restriction, but opportunities like this for shops don't come too often I hope they are making the most of it.

I watched one shop owner take new customers thru all the new books on the rack explaining which would be good reads for his younger kids. I watched another give me a tour of his shop and both new and back issues.(I was impressed with this.)

Some shops are very well proud of their variants and hot back issues. So much so they ask 25-40% above eBay's ending prices. I am not sure where they correct balance is, but man to see a book that routinely sells for $30-40 and the shop has it for $50-60 is pretty staggering.

I had a shop take a book out of my hand for the first time and re-price it right in front of me. That's a first for me in many years.

Another shop gave me a discount for paying cash while another gave me a card as I spend X amount of dollars I will get a discount as well. I was happy with both these approaches and will definitely go back to both shops next time I am in that area.

What I really liked best was people are still actively reading and searching for back issues in all shops. When I stop seeing that then I will worry since the latest Yahoo article has invited a lot of new money into our hobby over the next year.

I'm on vacation too. Not stepping in a comic shop while I'm here. I have been reading a lot of stuff. I will say this. I visited the same lcs for over 15 years, though not exclusively, and quit going over limits. I literally spent over $500 a month on a bad month, and $1000+ most months until the day he limited my purchase. Haven't been back since. I'm sure he is doing fine with current market conditions but I was buying the same when he was barely keeping his doors open. I think when all of the johnny come latelys head to the NBT and comics aren't in tge sane demand, he will regret losing a lot of regular customers to Midtown, MCS, and TFAW.

I'm on vacation too. Not stepping in a comic shop while I'm here. I have been reading a lot of stuff. I will say this. I visited the same lcs for over 15 years, though not exclusively, and quit going over limits. I literally spent over $500 a month on a bad month, and $1000+ most months until the day he limited my purchase. Haven't been back since. I'm sure he is doing fine with current market conditions but I was buying the same when he was barely keeping his doors open. I think when all of the johnny come latelys head to the NBT and comics aren't in tge sane demand, he will regret losing a lot of regular customers to Midtown, MCS, and TFAW.

These people didn't learn anything in the 90's, and most of them weren't around to experience the bloodbath.

There were some 8,000-10,000 unique Diamond accounts in 1993...and that was when there were multiple distributors.

Now, there are...2,000? 1,500? And that's UP.

These people didn't learn anything in the 90's, and most of them weren't around to experience the bloodbath.

There were some 8,000-10,000 unique Diamond accounts in 1993...and that was when there were multiple distributors.

No.

2,000+ b&m unique diamond accounts. ( most shops have multiples as do I )

example: If I have a shop, mail order & show account.

I count as one.

at ComicsPro meeting this year Diamond announced that B&M accounts broke 2,000.

Triple that for total Diamond accounts.

Minimum.

( Any shop in business since the 90's really, REALLY appreciates your concern O learned one....)

Edited by LarrysComics

No.

I count as one.

Minimum.

( Any shop in business since the 90's really, REALLY appreciates your concern O learned one....)

The shop I'm speaking of was at the end of it's rope. Then the building they had just leased got bought out by Walgreens. Truly, a non-comic related windfall. I'm happy for the owner, he is at tge very least a,nice guy. The fact ty hat he is still in biz was luck of the land over business prowess imo

No.

I count as one.

Minimum.

Well, you totally butchered that quote, so I'll try and piece together what you actually said.

First, I'm not counting your multiple accounts AS multiple accounts.

Notice the number: "At ComicsPro meeting this year Diamond announced that B&M accounts broke 2,000."

Notice what I said: "...unique Diamond accounts...Now, there are...2,000?"

Give or take a few hundred here and there. Your "three" Diamond accounts aren't all unique DIamond accounts. That's ONE unique Diamond account. You.

Suffice it to say, there were 3-5 times that amount at the height of the early 90's.

As far as making it through the 90's, I still scratch my head as to how you managed. Trust fund...? Sugar mama...?