• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

I'm not sure I understand this.

Aren't copies available on midtown/etc?

1 each though some of the variants are sold out..TFAW is sold out of Batman......Midtown must not be as widely known by the impulse buyer as we think.

Edited by krighton

Well this turned fun...

For some reason, I kept seeing the Batman #1 and thinking it was a rebirth variant and ignoring it. Oh well. It's insane the Green Arrow #1A is already sold out.

easy mistake to make...they've made it very hard to search for different titles.

Well this turned fun...

For some reason, I kept seeing the Batman #1 and thinking it was a rebirth variant and ignoring it. Oh well. It's insane the Green Arrow #1A is already sold out.

TFAW has about 26 copies left of Green Arrow if you need any...they had about 60 15 minutes ago.

Edited by krighton

Well this turned fun...

easy mistake to make...they've made it very hard to search for different titles.

No kidding, I got confused several times, cost me a book or two..

Just got home from 3 other shops today as I came home from vacation.

One shop is totally sold out of Rebirth. They don't order a huge amount, but none the less they are sold out and people were coming in asking.

Another shop owner is limiting one book per customer because 2 guys tried to come he had never seen before and buy 15 copies each of his Rebirth books.

(I did notice he had a stack behind the table too.)

Last shop still had Rebirth, but was sold out of Green Arrow and had one copy of Green Lantern left on the shelf. He said it has been a great boost for his shop this last month. He also was restricting buying to 1 book per title per customer.

Edited by Fastballspecial

One shop is totally sold out of Rebirth. They don't order a huge amount, but none the less they are sold out and people were coming in asking.

Another shop owner is limiting one book per customer because 2 guys tried to come he had never seen before and buy 15 copies each of his Rebirth books.

Last shop still had Rebirth, but was sold out of Green Arrow and had one copy of Green Lantern left on the shelf. He said it has been a great boost for his shop this last month. He also was restricting buying to 1 book per title per customer.

It seems like most shops that still have copies available are limiting them to one per. Even online stores.

considering 2nd and 3rd prints on the way...i'm sure they're guarding whatever copies they have left.

It seems like most shops that still have copies available are limiting them to one per. Even online stores.

Last shop I visited had a Preacher 1 and New Mutants 98 on the shelf. They both looked at least NM- or better(I couldn't see the back).

The reason below is why I didn't ask to see them.

Preacher 1 - $700

New Mutants 98 - $800

:o

what is going on with some shop owners?!?

one of the chain LCS's around here with a few stores consistently have books up for 40%+ over going rates for NM books. Bigger problem is, is that said copies aren't even in that range.

Example:

GOTG #1 (2008)- grade unknown $200!!! :eek:

I attended a shop yesterday Comic World and spent time digging through their bins, I found a few AH Catwoman Covers. I also had picked up a few newer comics off the shelf. When I went to pay for them the guy at the cash told me to hold on a minute as he booted up his computer to see what the AH Catwoman Books were going for on e-bay.

If a comic has no price tag other then the price that is printed on it, should I not be entitled to the cover price?

Needless to say I walked out with nothing.

I attended a shop yesterday Comic World and spent time digging through their bins, I found a few AH Catwoman Covers. I also had picked up a few newer comics off the shelf. When I went to pay for them the guy at the cash told me to hold on a minute as he booted up his computer to see what the AH Catwoman Books were going for on e-bay.

If a comic has no price tag other then the price that is printed on it, should I not be entitled to the cover price?

Bolded: No. You shouldn't be entitled to it.

However, I would have also walked out because screw doing an LCS's job and bringing them books to price at the counter. Before digging, It's a good idea to ask how they price so save yourself the time and frustration.

Bolded: No. You shouldn't be entitled to it.

However, I would have also walked out because screw doing an LCS's job and bringing them books to price at the counter. Before digging, It's a good idea to ask how they price so save yourself the time and frustration.

Fair enough on the entitled bit. I plan on using social media to let more people know about this fine establishment.