• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/we-can-never-go-home-writer-signs-3-book-deal-black-mask-studios-969132

WE CAN NEVER GO HOME is in development as a television series: "Kindlon, who also penned Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD: Quake for Marvel, co-wrote Never Go Home with writing partner Matthew Rosenberg (Rocket Racoon, 4 Kids Walk Into a Bank). The comic about super-powered teen misfits on the run was an indie publishing success in 2015 and is now in development as a television series."

Also confirmed by Matthew Rosenberg:

And

Which explains the sudden run on all my We Can Never Go Home 1 Variant slabs. Should have known something had been announced.

I wish I owned one, but when I was actively looking I had a $2 limit for that issue. Oh well.

Harbinger #1 was available and sold rapidly for about $8 in the late 1990s on Ebay. There were about 5 buyers who used $8 as their "floor", and who basically had no limit to the number they would buy, so it was generally $8 or more. Except for sellers who didn't realize they could easily get more than a dollar, it wasn't found very often in the bargain bins. I regularly saw Harbinger #7 and up in the bargain bins... with a few lucky finds of #3, #5, or #6... but rarely.

The coupon in #1 - #6 is often cut out, and the spine is often split (#1 cover paper isn't great).

CGC 8.5 sold for $72 this month, and there aren't many early 1990s regular issue books that can say that.

CGC 9.6 is about $260, and the last CGC 9.8 was $750.

They were also readily available in dust covered back issue long boxes from LCSs and local shows at $1 or less in 1999-2001 on a regular basis (along with all other pre-Unity, late run/last issues, and the Gold/Platinum/VVSS variants). :banana:

I wish I owned one, but when I was actively looking I had a $2 limit for that issue. Oh well.

Harbinger #1 was available and sold rapidly for about $8 in the late 1990s on Ebay. There were about 5 buyers who used $8 as their "floor", and who basically had no limit to the number they would buy, so it was generally $8 or more. Except for sellers who didn't realize they could easily get more than a dollar, it wasn't found very often in the bargain bins. I regularly saw Harbinger #7 and up in the bargain bins... with a few lucky finds of #3, #5, or #6... but rarely.

The coupon in #1 - #6 is often cut out, and the spine is often split (#1 cover paper isn't great).

CGC 8.5 sold for $72 this month, and there aren't many early 1990s regular issue books that can say that.

They were also readily available in dust covered back issue long boxes from LCSs and local shows at $1 or less in 1999-2001 on a regular basis (along with all other pre-Unity, late run/last issues, and the Gold/Platinum/VVSS variants). :banana:

Like filet mignon with a ground beef pricing sticker. lol

More like aged Gouda that hadn't matured yet, with Kraft singles pricing.

I did not see Harbinger 1 in any dollar boxes and I was looking. A lot of the other stuff, yes. Not to say they weren't out there, they just weren't there in the 250-350,000 or so books I rummaged through during that period (just a guess..I went to about 5-6 shows a year then and hit the dollar boxes hard)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/we-can-never-go-home-writer-signs-3-book-deal-black-mask-studios-969132

WE CAN NEVER GO HOME is in development as a television series: "Kindlon, who also penned Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD: Quake for Marvel, co-wrote Never Go Home with writing partner Matthew Rosenberg (Rocket Racoon, 4 Kids Walk Into a Bank). The comic about super-powered teen misfits on the run was an indie publishing success in 2015 and is now in development as a television series."

Also confirmed by Matthew Rosenberg:

And

Which explains the sudden run on all my We Can Never Go Home 1 Variant slabs. Should have known something had been announced.

I had a few picked up from the Bay while I was working today. Unfortunately, I heard the news too late and could have raised the $$$$ a little. I really wonder if these will pick up for that long because of how delayed every project gets from BLACK MASK. I like a lot of the books, but man the delays have really dampened my spirits about them.

Batgirl Rebirth # 6 Manapul variant- an absolute ghost on just about all major online retail sources with a few high asking prices on eBay. All the cheap copies in there disappeared long ago. I have found 1 online retailer that still has copies for cover out of 9 I checked. There are probably plenty in the wild but alot of shops under order Cover Bs of Rebirth titles or dont bother ordering at all. Cover A is everywhere, Cover B not so much. Book contains the 1st appearance of Penguins son.

Edit- I have no idea why this showed up as a reply when I wrote it as a new post

Edited by BigNoidtheDroid

Batgirl Rebirth # 6 Manapul variant- an absolute ghost on just about all major online retail sources with a few high asking prices on eBay. All the cheap copies in there disappeared long ago. I have found 1 online retailer that still has copies for cover out of 9 I checked. There are probably plenty in the wild but alot of shops under order Cover Bs of Rebirth titles or dont bother ordering at all. Cover A is everywhere, Cover B not so much. Book contains the 1st appearance of Penguins son.

Edit- I have no idea why this showed up as a reply when I wrote it as a new post

Thanks for the info! I have 10 or so and think maybe I will package some with issues 1-5 to move them.

This seems a little excessive to me. Forcing the market by turning a $20 book into a $300 overnight. Seller lists the book as "on fire," despite zero recent sales and other auctions hovering in the $25 range. :facepalm: Dark times ahead my friends.

Ridiculous I Kill Giants Listing

no one will buy it so it doesn't matter

Put it on a speculator web site and they will come. I mean really

I would love to see an experiment on it.

I think #1 is worth between $80 and $150 in condition. But thats why the guy has a best offer feature.

$300 yeah, is unreasonable, but the best offer feature is there for a reason, i guess.

tree fiddy