• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

Totally Awesome Hulk 15 features some cool spec. I read the issue, and the story is about the formation of an Asian superhero team. Kamala, Hulk, and Silk are three fan favorites from this group. I read the info on another site, and noticed all the variant buyitnows have sold in the last two weeks. The story drove me to grab a copy of the variant. Huge market with an Asian team, and that title is a very low print run.

Sounds like the real deal . . . (thumbs u

Tales To Astonish #13 is the 1st appearance of a Groot but Annihilation Conquest Starlord #1 is the 1st appearance of THE Groot.

Go...

I'm wondering, because of his popularity, if CGC should note baby groot's 1st appearance on the label.

I would go with Groot 4,5. He is not really baby Groot in the Conquest issue or at least not the baby Groot we know. He's just a smaller Groot but nasty looking in every way and not childlike.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/preview-groot-5/1100-153757/

Edited by MrWeen

Early to say they are a team. Looks like they are just hanging out together.

Like Harley Quinn, Catwoman and Poison and Ivy before Gotham City Sirens #1?

Don't they call themselves the Sirens in issue 5 or something? I guess that's their first appearance if you don't like origins and need them to identify and say the name in the story! :screwy:

Edited by MrWeen

Like Harley Quinn, Catwoman and Poison and Ivy before Gotham City Sirens #1?

Hard to say because the issue is new. If they form some kind of team going forward, then this issue has some substance. For now it's an unknown.

yg's glass is always half-empty . . . .

Some might call it being realistic.

Totally Awesome Hulk 15 features some cool spec. I read the issue, and the story is about the formation of an Asian superhero team. Kamala, Hulk, and Silk are three fan favorites from this group. I read the info on another site, and noticed all the variant buyitnows have sold in the last two weeks. The story drove me to grab a copy of the variant. Huge market with an Asian team, and that title is a very low print run.

I grabbed a few copies on re-order of the regular cover (the rest were not available). Seems a good enough spec as anything else I guess.

I grabbed a few copies on re-order of the regular cover (the rest were not available). Seems a good enough spec as anything else I guess.

I agree that there is potential there. It's just unknown at this point if anything will come of it.

As the OP stated with the makeup of the team, I think Marvel would be dumb to not do a team with it's own book, but who knows at this point.

Another bet is Big Hero 6. I am still picking them up cheap currently since demand has gone down to nothing.

Which one? The sunfire one I don't see for less than $20 right now, although there have been some low sales recently. Or the alpha flight one? Or the big hero 6 series?

Another bet is Big Hero 6. I am still picking them up cheap currently since demand has gone down to nothing.

Which one? The sunfire one I don't see for less than $20 right now, although there have been some low sales recently. Or the alpha flight one? Or the big hero 6 series?

Other than the obvious Sunfire mini I like these:

The Nakayama variant for issue 1 of the mini series

Alpha Flight 16 ( Honey Lemon appears with Big Hero 6 Logo )

Amazing Spider-Man 685 Dell'Otto variant ( Fredzilla appears )

Thunderbolts 25

Amazing Spider-Man Ends of the Earth ( Everwraith appears )

Alpah FLight 9 ( 2004 ) First Sunpyre, Ebon Samurai

There are so few Big Hero appearances prior to 2005.

Why Big Hero? Movie already dropped. It was a success, but value for comics won't get to the level it was before the movie.

Any time I can buy a Disney related property cheap I will. I just suggested another team to look at. The other guys ran with it.

Hey, I still buy Scooby Doo books. What's wrong with me? I'm not doing this right.

Why Big Hero? Movie already dropped. It was a success, but value for comics won't get to the level it was before the movie.

Any time I can buy a Disney related property cheap I will. I just suggested another team to look at. The other guys ran with it.

Hey, I still buy Scooby Doo books. What's wrong with me? I'm not doing this right.

MT0JxQ_zpsx8nhwvsz.jpg

They're going to make another movie, no?

Yes, called Big Hero 7. No, I'm not kidding.

So off topic & not really heating up on eBay so much as just absurdly price pre-orders... The X-Men Blue & Gold #1 variants

So I'm looking at the pre-order for DBCS this month & it's showing a number of variants for the X-Men re-launch but one really sticks out

Both the X-Men Blue #1 and the X-Men Gold #1 have a variant that's pre-order price is at $2,100. Jesus. Does anyone know what the hell the ratio for that variant is? Because that's absurd. Even the All-New Wolverine 19 Venomized B&W variant is "only" priced at $850 and that's a lower tier book and a 1:500 or so.

Is this a 1:1,000? 1:2,000?