• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

Sam and Twitch/Kevin Smith tv show announcement seems to be warming the book up a bit. Was usually $1 bin fodder, suddenly BIN's are $19.99 on eBay, copies disappeared from MCS. Not sure if anyone has successfully sold one yet, but it definitely appears to be on the radar. I don't have any stake in this book, just sharing what I've seen.

Sam and Twitch were interesting in Spawn but fantastic in their own series. I'd be a. Little surprised if a TV show would drive these prices but it wouldn't surprise me at all that they'd be worth something for the art if nothing else. Very unique and I even liked the stories when I first read them. Good stuff.

Some books  we don't discuss much that are selling well or appreciating currently

Tomb Raider 33 - Non Bikini cover continues to sell well

Star Wars 49 - High grade write your check

GL 55 Variant - Love the cover usually only a few for sale ever

Punisher 2 Opena Variant - I can from personal experience this book is wanted badly by buyers

Power Pack 1 - I know I didn't believe either

Felt 1 - Consistent $10 book now

DC holiday Special Rebirth -

Zombie Tramp 11 Mile High Variant - Again write your check it wont last long if you sell it

New Mutants 14 1st series

Gotham City Sirens 1 Jones Variant - Approaching $400 raw currently.

ASM 601 consistent seller

Edited by fastballspecial27

On 2/18/2017 at 10:52 AM, fastballspecial27 said:

Some books  we don't discuss much that are selling well or appreciating currently

Zombie Tramp 11 Mile High Variant - Again write your check it wont last long if you sell it

http://www.milehighcomics.com/cgi-bin/backissue.cgi?action=direct&issue=99821728599 11 MILE HIGH

NM - $40

On 2/17/2017 at 11:26 PM, the authority said:

Sam and Twitch were interesting in Spawn but fantastic in their own series. I'd be a. Little surprised if a TV show would drive these prices but it wouldn't surprise me at all that they'd be worth something for the art if nothing else. Very unique and I even liked the stories when I first read them. Good stuff.

That was an awesome series!

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

On 2/18/2017 at 11:52 AM, fastballspecial said:

Punisher 2 Opena Variant - I can from personal experience this book is wanted badly by buyers

Been picking up UX #160s, 171s (besides Rogue, first soulsword) Magik: Illyana and Storm 1-4, SWII # 1 (Beyonder "wakens" Darkchild persona) and NM #30 ("first" Darkchild) for a little while now. People around my area are stingy with NM #14.

Been on the DC  Rebirth Holiday Special since it came out and my shop has been sitting on like 50 copies. Grab 1 each time I go in.

Superman #10a $3.99 version is selling $50+ recently. The Alien G+ guys alerted me to that one. 

Got a few others I'll share when I have more time to dig out my spec books. 

On 2/18/2017 at 10:52 AM, fastballspecial said:

Whoa, thanks for pointing out Star Wars #49.  I had no idea.

Off to CGC these fellas go for a rainy day.

Uncirculated, unsold newsstand copies.

starwars49.JPG

5 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

Whoa, thanks for pointing out Star Wars #49.  I had no idea.

Off to CGC these fellas go for a rainy day.

Uncirculated, unsold newsstand copies.

starwars49.JPG

Some can disagree with me here, but I am not sure the market is there for all those copies slabbed. I would do more like 25% or less slabbed nicest copies and sell the rest raw one copy at a time.

24 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Some can disagree with me here, but I am not sure the market is there for all those copies slabbed. I would do more like 25% or less slabbed nicest copies and sell the rest raw one copy at a time.

Oh, I agree... it was meant more to provide impact by showing all these high grade copies.  

Slowly trickle this stuff out over time in raw,  certified graded and in lots. 

There are many options.

4 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

Oh, I agree... it was meant more to provide impact by showing all these high grade copies.  

There are many options.

Wish I had that "problem" to deal with . . . (thumbsu

6 hours ago, rayne5446 said:

Another copy of Saga 1 4th Print sold for 150 bucks raw.  This is the third copy that has sold recently for ~140+ raw.

Wow, need to dig mine out, wonder if it's worth grading. Fairly certain mine is 9.8ish. 

On 2/20/2017 at 7:21 PM, Red_Hood said:

There are many options.

Not TOO slow as this is another book that I doubt anyone will care about fairly soon as it has nothing to do with anything other than sharing a title with the new movie.

On 2/20/2017 at 6:53 PM, fastballspecial said:

The newsstand seems more common than the direct version.  Market has jumped on that..it was $40-$50 in 9.6 in January.  I guess 9.8s always have weird prices though.  Is the character really "Jedidiah"?