• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, Juggernaut said:

Daken is returning to comics. Look it up.

With all the recent confirmation of X-Men properties and characters a good speculator would picking up everything X-Men related right now.  Just in the last week Mr. Sinister confirmed, Alpha Flight confirmed, Exiles confirmed, Blink confirmed & Dark Phoenix confirmed.  That's not even from what we already know like New Mutants, Gambit, Deadpool 2 (Cable & Domino), X-Men and X-Force. With Legion and the X-Men tv show confirming more X-Men characters to be added.  Hell, I just waiting for Fox now to announce X-Factor and Excalibur soon. lol

Wow, that isn't anywhere near confirmed, but you may be a Fox employee or someone looking to make a few bucks on the speculation side. Dark Phoenix isn't confirmed, like at all. Speculated on being the next X-Men movie, yes but nowhere near confirmed.  No solicits are showing anything Dakken related on anything Marvel. 

Links please if you are going to cite things as being confirmed. 

22 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

None of that stuff is confirmed.  They're just tossing around potential ideas throwing everything at the wall and seeing what, if anything might stick.  

As for for Daken, speculation was rampant  (on a couple spec sites) that Daken was in fact appearing in the movie.  Expect that book to drop like a rock once everyone sees first hand he's not in it (Nyx 3 will drop as well, but to a lesser extent). And Ultra is right, there's A LOT of hate for that character, the false rumours being floated that he was in Logan was the sole driver of the price of this book.  

-J.

Links to articles?

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

A book heating up that isn't directly tied to a developing/completed media property or the subject of an avalanche of spec site "big plans" articles is a good thing.

I agree if the character doesn't blow. 

1 hour ago, UltraMaximus said:

Wow, that isn't anywhere near confirmed, but you may be a Fox employee or someone looking to make a few bucks on the speculation side. Dark Phoenix isn't confirmed, like at all. Speculated on being the next X-Men movie, yes but nowhere near confirmed.  No solicits are showing anything Dakken related on anything Marvel. 

Links please if you are going to cite things as being confirmed. 

Go to Tom Taylor's Twitter. It's confirmed Daken is returning. lol solicits, I'll take the writer of All-New Wolverines word for it that he will be returning...maybe not in next 2 to 3 months, but at some point in the series. Anayways  I was just pointing out that the book was hitting some ridiculous prices....for a character who is mostly disliked.   I can't see that solely Tom Taylor confirming he is coming back as the reason for the heat (this just happened within last 2 days), and other than the rampant spec that "x-24" is Daken, I have yet to see anyone of importance confirm X-24 is Daken in Logan. Now there are some possible specs in the mutant kids in Logan but until we actually see it and can confirm on wide scale other than screening leak speculation I wouldn't hold my breath. It is interesting that one of them can make the Earth move ala Quake tho. 

As for the other dude that dropped all the X-Titles being confirmed, some are speculated as def happening but not straight up confirmed, Yes.  We can't take Blink being cast as a def for Exiles-she was also Generation X first and foremost....Now this is my speculation but that X-Men TV show description sounds like a twist and play of Gen X.. Mr Sinister has been confirmed for a future X-Men related movie though by Kinberg. Who needs links when you can Google? Laziness lol sheesh. What Culture, Movie Pilot, and Comicbookmovie.com are the 1st 3 to pop up all confirming Sinister will be in a future X-Men movie from Simon Kinberg. All this stuff can be fact checked doing simple searches...

Edited by BigNoidtheDroid
Simon kinberg as the confirmation source for Mr. Sinister appearing in a future title.

2 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Star Wars 49 has no merit as a hot book. As you said, it's only the words on the cover 'Last Jedi'. They are not hard to find, as evidenced by the hoard displayed here. BTW, I've never understood why anyone holding a hoard of a newly speculative modern era book would show it off.  I would think people remember and it would hurt valuation, at least if you try and sell here.

If you think 20 copies of a book is a lot you don't have a grasp on how many are actually out there.

I loved Exiles.  But I can't see it being a great movie/show. 

It would likely be only marginally related to the comic.  Which is pretty pointless to me as they might as well go all the way and do something different.

Patrick

35 minutes ago, BigNoidtheDroid said:

Go to Tom Taylor's Twitter. It's confirmed Daken is returning. lol solicits, I'll take the writer of All-New Wolverines word for it that he will be returning...maybe not in next 2 to 3 months, but at some point in the series. Anayways  I was just pointing out that the book was hitting some ridiculous prices....for a character who is mostly disliked.   I can't see that solely Tom Taylor confirming he is coming back as the reason for the heat (this just happened within last 2 days), and other than the rampant spec that "x-24" is Daken, I have yet to see anyone of importance confirm X-24 is Daken in Logan. Now there are some possible specs in the mutant kids in Logan but until we actually see it and can confirm on wide scale other than screening leak speculation I wouldn't hold my breath. It is interesting that one of them can make the Earth move ala Quake tho. 

As for the other dude that dropped all the X-Titles being confirmed, some are speculated as def happening but not straight up confirmed, Yes.  We can't take Blink being cast as a def for Exiles-she was also Generation X first and foremost....Now this is my speculation but that X-Men TV show description sounds like a twist and play of Gen X.. Mr Sinister has been confirmed for a future X-Men related movie though by Kinberg. Who needs links when you can Google? Laziness lol sheesh. What Culture, Movie Pilot, and Comicbookmovie.com are the 1st 3 to pop up all confirming Sinister will be in a future X-Men movie from Simon Kinberg. All this stuff can be fact checked doing simple searches...

Sorry, I don't follow the drek on Twitter, and If Dakken returns in All-New Wolverine, then that book will surely fall in sales totals and the writer should be fired so don't count on Marvel approving the "return" button on "worse Wolverine".  Marvel knows he sucks, and why after Secret Wars and the meh Wolverines they shelved him like DC did Emo Lobo who strikes an odd resemblance to Dakken as far as being a pu you know what.

We knew Sinister was a thing with the end credits of Apocalypse.  

And if you have 4 posts, claiming appearances and things with no credibility, it might be someone trolling on a 2nd account. 

Ultramaximus I have been here on these boards a lot longer than you have. My account got merged and this is the result. Relax or you can just block me if don't like what I have to say like I did for you on the old boards.

Edited by Juggernaut

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

If you think 20 copies of a book is a lot you don't have a grasp on how many are actually out there.

My point on this topic is, if you are holding a quantity of a perceived 'hot' book, the smart play is to stay stealth. It is beneficial to propagate the perception that the book is scarce. Seeing rows of the book spread out destroys the image. To this day I have never bought a copy of the SA book Iron Man and Sub Mariner after seeing pictures of Cal's hoard. For me, it destroyed the perception. The pictures made me feel the book was abundant, not rare, and thus not valuable or worth owning. Collectors like to feel they own something rare. 

2 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Ultramaximus I have been here on these boards a lot longer than you have. My account got merged and this is the result. Relax or you can just block me if don't like what I have to say like I did for you on the old boards.

Never mess with the Juggernaut:sumo:

9 hours ago, BigNoidtheDroid said:

99% sure that Fox has already stated that the Blink casting was for the as-yet-untitled X-Men tv show that's replacing the never-got-past-development-even-though-it-was-announced Hellfire Club show. And based on the description, it's not going to be an Exiles show (as much as I'd love it to be), but rather an "on the run from the law" type show. I could see that as a variation on Generation X, but I could also see it as a Morlocks show. It sounds more A-Team than Quantum Leap/Sliders.

Though I will disagree that Blink was Generation X first & foremost... considering she never survived Phalanx Covenant to even reach Generation X #1, it's hard for me to consider her more connected to Generation X (a title she never appeared in once) than Exiles (a title she appeared in almost 100 issues of). She appeared in more issues of New Mutants than she did Generation X as well. But that's just me being pedantic.

Edited by Doktor

8 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

My point on this topic is, if you are holding a quantity of a perceived 'hot' book, the smart play is to stay stealth. It is beneficial to propagate the perception that the book is scarce. Seeing rows of the book spread out destroys the image. To this day I have never bought a copy of the SA book Iron Man and Sub Mariner after seeing pictures of Cal's hoard. For me, it destroyed the perception. The pictures made me feel the book was abundant, not rare, and thus not valuable or worth owning. Collectors like to feel they own something rare. 

64746788.jpg

10 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

I don't care how long you have been someplace but your account and posting style made you look like a complete noob. Everyone who is posting in here are the HYPE TRAIN. If you claim things, but post no links to confirm you sources, you are likely to be fake news and or attempting ye'ole pump & dump. 

I also figured something was up because a screen name that good should be snatched up asap.

Lemmings read this and if you say something is hot, chances are you have it for sale and are looking to make a $ and a lemming just might buy it. Not my job to prvent the lemmings from doing what they want but I'll sure contest anything any of you post without proof. \

I have nothing against you.  I just don't need to back up every post when a simple search you can get the answers.   I did not name any specific issues, all I said is a good speculator would be buying X-Men comics right now and gave examples.   You can clearly see Fox has a plan to expand and that people  should ahead of the game. Hence, why Daken might be selling well right now and people anticipate him in future movies.   I don't need to talk about something that is hot that is your job, you have a thread (Transformers) dedicated just for that.

1 hour ago, Juggernaut said:

I have nothing against you.  I just don't need to back up every post when a simple search you can get the answers.   I did not name any specific issues, all I said is a good speculator would be buying X-Men comics right now and gave examples.   You can clearly see Fox has a plan to expand and that people  should ahead of the game. Hence, why Daken might be selling well right now and people anticipate him in future movies.   I don't need to talk about something that is hot that is your job, you have a thread (Transformers) dedicated just for that.

I am so thrilled that due to me switching ebay shipments packing stuff at 2 a.m.  I wound up giving away an X-Men 221.  Yippee...it was a $25 book, no doubt it will be a $50 book in a month.