• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, the blob said:

would you pay $100 for a [raw]  #1?

"and the limit was $20-40"

I just threw that out there because while it's a chunk, I can see the person on the street who likes the show doing a "what the heck" or a parent/girlfriend not freaking out at that price buying it as a gift.  maybe my brain is stuck in the 90s in terms of what stuff should cost.  of course, in the 90's I made about $70,000 a year more than I do now, had no kids, and had 1/10th the debt I do now, but the idea of spending $40 on a modern seemed insane then!  Maybe that "what the heck" number is $100 now.  people spend $700 on a phone, why not?

Yes, I just bought another raw #1 the other day on eBay for $130 as an investment. Looks like it could be a 9.8 and Justin Roiland will be at Fan Expo Canada coming up. By the time I get it signed, pressed and graded, if it comes back as a CGC SS 9.8 and season 3 is out, I will probably make a nice bit of money on it.

I have many copies of R&M books now, some issue 1 first prints, some other books and variants. I may keep one maybe two long term, but thats it. I definitely believe that prices on the books are inflated due to hype around the series. Im not saying they are not. After the series ends, the prices will come down. Will they fall completely? Probably not, but I can't see them staying at these levels. These prices are because this show is hot and people are hyped about it. But, Im trying to tell you guys that this hype is going to last a while longer and the fanbase has room to grow further.

A show deep in sharp, witty, mature humor loosely based on doc and marty from Back to the Future? Come on how can comic book guys who grew up in the 80s not want to watch this?

24 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Yes, I just bought another raw #1 the other day on eBay for $130 as an investment. Looks like it could be a 9.8 and Justin Roiland will be at Fan Expo Canada coming up. By the time I get it signed, pressed and graded, if it comes back as a CGC SS 9.8 and season 3 is out, I will probably make a nice bit of money on it.

I have many copies of R&M books now, some issue 1 first prints, some other books and variants. I may keep one maybe two long term, but thats it. I definitely believe that prices on the books are inflated due to hype around the series. Im not saying they are not. After the series ends, the prices will come down. Will they fall completely? Probably not, but I can't see them staying at these levels. These prices are because this show is hot and people are hyped about it. But, Im trying to tell you guys that this hype is going to last a while longer and the fanbase has room to grow further.

A show deep in sharp, witty, mature humor loosely based on doc and marty from Back to the Future? Come on how can comic book guys who grew up in the 80s not want to watch this?

Yes, it's a better cartoon show than most.

50 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Interesting that your eBay search limits to sales starting at $1,000.

Conveniently leaves this guy off:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-700-SS-CGC-9-8-DITKO-VARIANT-/182623017248?hash=item2a852e1920:g:LAsAAOSwCmZZQ17h

...and several others.

Title listing is off on that one -- it's not SS -- but it's a 9.8 and the most recent sale and less than $800.

Today's Wonder Woman #25 b cover appears to be sold out most places online, as well as nearly in all the stores I've checked around here today. eBay sold listings aren't showing high numbers, but current listings tend to be around $15 or even higher,

1 hour ago, manetteska said:

Interesting that your eBay search limits to sales starting at $1,000.

Conveniently leaves this guy off:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-700-SS-CGC-9-8-DITKO-VARIANT-/182623017248?hash=item2a852e1920:g:LAsAAOSwCmZZQ17h

...and several others.

Title listing is off on that one -- it's not SS -- but it's a 9.8 and the most recent sale and less than $800.

I limited the search enough to prove my point, thanks.  (thumbsu

-J.

11 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

See the Pre=Heat Speculation thread. Basically, that's the first appearance of the Vultures daughter, and the Vulture will have a daughter will be a character in the new Spidey movie

Pure flash in the pan, i'd pass on that 

On 6/29/2017 at 9:09 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

See the Pre=Heat Speculation thread. Basically, that's the first appearance of the Vultures daughter, and the Vulture will have a daughter will be a character in the new Spidey movie

Woof! Thanks for the explanation