• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, CHASEnBLUE said:

I was on the Gleason site 10 min early and loaded up right away...still got denied. Dang. Now they are going for way too much on ebay:pullhair:

That because greedy shops buy them all up because Gleason doesn’t put any limits on them and then you see them all over eBay for ridiculous prices. It’s been pointed out to Gleason via social media but it’s less books to package up at his end. Still sad that the fans have a hard time getting them directly from him at a reasonable price. 

19 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Even though they aren’t doing TPBs, I’m sure someone will pirate/bootleg their books if they are really good. 

lol

Bad Idea's comics will be available online the day they're released, just like almost every comic from almost every other publisher, whether they're good or not.

15 hours ago, littledoom said:

Invincible 50-51 2nd print, 60 2nd print, 89 2nd print

59DDC1A6-395F-4BEC-B59E-A54F78F54BDB.jpeg.bb5044b0943c3232ce1a28998e4f0d2e.jpeg

Invincible 89 2nd is a real winner.  Pulling some solid bread.  I'm planning on selling mine shortly, though I'm sure its only the tip of the iceberg.

Patrick

3 hours ago, Corona smith said:

That because greedy shops buy them all up because Gleason doesn’t put any limits on them and then you see them all over eBay for ridiculous prices. It’s been pointed out to Gleason via social media but it’s less books to package up at his end. Still sad that the fans have a hard time getting them directly from him at a reasonable price. 

I think Comic Mint probably bought a bunch because they ran a special on them at higher prices but are all sold out now...

On 2/5/2021 at 7:07 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, it’s bad. I signed up to pre-order all their titles from one local shop via Bad Idea’s website. I reached out to the local shop today, and they didn’t know people could sign up for pre-orders on Bad Idea’s website. So, needless to say, no orders were placed...including mine. This isn’t my regular shop, so I hadn’t been in weekly contact with them like I am with my LCS. I kinda figured they’d reach out as release date got closer, but after this week’s news, I decided to call. Guess it’s a good thing I got the bad news out of the way early.

I reached out to the other local shop, that is part of the program, to see if they were taking pre-orders...Nope. Any orders now are for Not First Prints. I could tell the owner was pretty exasperated about the whole business model by the sound of his voice. He mentioned that he just has enough for pull orders and that’s it. 

Dinesh has been participating in the discussion about pre-ordering in a Bad Idea thread over on the Valiantfans board, if you want to ask him directly: 

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53659

7 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Dinesh has been participating in the discussion about pre-ordering in a Bad Idea thread over on the Valiantfans board, if you want to ask him directly: 

http://www.valiantfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53659

Thanks for the heads up and the info. I'll check it out. Not sure how much more effort I'm going to expend, though. Just seems like a fool's errand at this point.

Edited by awakeintheashes

7 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Thanks for the heads up and the info. I'll check it out. Not sure how much more effort I'm going to expend, though. Just seems like a fool's errand at this point.

The relevant post which came to mind when you said you pre-ordered:

"If you registered your interest to pre-order at whereisbadidea.com then you need to confirm your pre-order with the selected store.

If you contacted a store directly and pre-ordered that way you also need to confirm your order with your store."

And:

"whereisbadidea.com registers interest and forwards to the selected store. The store has to confirm with you that they will indeed fill the pre-order. Each store will have different requirements."

25 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The relevant post which came to mind when you said you pre-ordered:

"If you registered your interest to pre-order at whereisbadidea.com then you need to confirm your pre-order with the selected store.

If you contacted a store directly and pre-ordered that way you also need to confirm your order with your store."

And:

"whereisbadidea.com registers interest and forwards to the selected store. The store has to confirm with you that they will indeed fill the pre-order. Each store will have different requirements."

Thanks. Yeah, that’s what I think the issue is. Store must not have gotten the email or it  went to spam. 

17 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

lol

Bad Idea's comics will be available online the day they're released, just like almost every comic from almost every other publisher, whether they're good or not.

They aren't doing digital. Maybe you're assuming someone will scan a physical issue?

3 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

Apparently these are. The first release featured "Anti-Semetic Imagry" and have been recalled to be re-released edited. Even though I'm not anti-semetic - being Northern Jewish - I bought the covers. Get 'em while they are hot.

s-l1600-6.jpg

What is/are the offending panel(s) or content?

3 hours ago, Randall Ries said:

Apparently these are. The first release featured "Anti-Semetic Imagry" and have been recalled to be re-released edited. Even though I'm not anti-semetic - being Northern Jewish - I bought the covers. Get 'em while they are hot.

s-l1600-6.jpg

I thought about grabbing a bunch while I could but then looked at the current prices of the Wolvie book that was recalled for similar/but worse reasons, and didn’t think it was worth the effort. Curious how long the sold prices maintain 

5 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I thought about grabbing a bunch while I could but then looked at the current prices of the Wolvie book that was recalled for similar/but worse reasons, and didn’t think it was worth the effort. Curious how long the sold prices maintain 

Yeah, this is a quick flip play just like that one was.

1 minute ago, Lazyboy said:

Of course. What made you think I was talking about anything official?

Because you said the day they are released. DC & Marvel are available then because they are offered in digital format. Independents are not easily found.