• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,780 posts in this topic

:taptaptap: :foryou: lol

Canto #1

Someone fill me in - why have they all been bought off the bay?

I have a chance to grab one, but either I'm being stupid (likely) or i can't find anything in this section.

@littledoom  @Wolverinex

What's the score with this book chaps?

Love you all! :foryou:

1 minute ago, Beige said:

Canto #1

I have a chance to grab one, but either I'm being stupid (likely) or i can't find anything in this section.

@littledoom  @Wolverinex

I saw somewhere that's it's being developed for a show or movie or something like that.

3 minutes ago, Beige said:

Canto #1

@littledoom  @Wolverinex

Will Smith’s production company developing a Canto movie .. all those expensive indie books from 2015-2020 that heated up and cooled down are worth investing in.. Canto 1, Henchgirl 1, Animosity 1, Monstress 1.. at some point they’ve all been “optioned”

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

This used to be a $2 book. Now selling for $30.. only two $40 & $60 copies left on eBay ... this will continue to rise. Multiple first appearances. Glad I found one for $1.75 today

667C1DB6-5563-4B01-8EEC-E20C79A73197.thumb.jpeg.d61aeff3376d6f8395df87aba370c175.jpeg

19CB07DC-E816-4AB5-81AA-2C8AE072C761.thumb.png.3159cd04f6b29ddda833df58a4bb7b19.png

this was a $2 book in january. why now?

8 hours ago, littledoom said:

Will Smith’s production company developing a Canto movie .. all those expensive indie books from 2015-2020 that heated up and cooled down are worth investing in.. Canto 1, Henchgirl 1, Animosity 1, Monstress 1.. at some point they’ve all been “optioned”

Wasn't there some sort of deal where all of Aftershock's comics were available for development by a production company?

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

Curious who the 1st appearances are.  Many on the cover are old characters and the book is relatively new.

Patrick

it is 15 years old, but it was from one old publishing company, did the next company (companies?) get the rights to the new ones?

1 minute ago, the blob said:

it is 15 years old, but it was from one old publishing company, did the next company (companies?) get the rights to the new ones?

Typical licensing deals involve the owner of the IP retaining the rights to any new IPs created under the use of the license.

Yeah I think X Men Unlimited 47 is definitely underrated. That’s another one that I still pick up for a buck or two if it’s in VF or better condition.

Got Frison to sign one of my Ant Man 10s a couple years ago at a con. That’s one of my favorites of hers.

Also speaking of great Psylocke covers, Uncanny X Force 12 with Fantomex. Looove that one.

7 hours ago, the blob said:

this was a $2 book in january. why now?

It was mentioned on another CBSI article around that time.. all the cheap copies got bought up and fomo kicks. GI Joe books are starting to pick up. 100s of first apps across several books

5 minutes ago, littledoom said:

It was mentioned on another CBSI article around that time.. all the cheap copies got bought up and fomo kicks. GI Joe books are starting to pick up. 100s of first apps across several books

Yeah, Ive sold a lot of GI Joe slabbed books lately. With the Snake Eyes movie coming out, its a good hold on some of them. I think there is an Amazon series too coming out? I just recently picked up a couple first appearances of Dawn Moreno (female Snake Eyes). There are not a lot of them out there for sale. I think its a decent long term hold for a first appearance, but well see. Hollywood is all about female, diverse characters and thats not gonna change for a while. Im glad years ago, I picked up a bunch of old GI Joe, Transformers, Star Wars movie, and Indiana Jones movie comics. I think Ill get a good return on those.

any new news on crush, lobo's daughter?  I had some TT20/TT special sets at $10 + shipping for a few weeks that just sat and just sold 2 in a day and got offers on others.

11 minutes ago, Bird said:

any new news on crush, lobo's daughter?  I had some TT20/TT special sets at $10 + shipping for a few weeks that just sat and just sold 2 in a day and got offers on others.

Im curious of this too. I bought some at cover price and hopeful. I havent seen any news