• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

1st Flag Smasher. Possible Antagonist in the show  

awesome. i thought that one was so profoundly lame I let my kid use it for collage materials about 10 years ago.

38 minutes ago, AmazingComics413 said:

Last Ronin 1 still climbing...

lol I sent them in! Delivered 2/24, still not marked "received", and unfortunately there is no fast track with mags but :wishluck: 

2 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Captain America #6 is really long overdue for an increase. I only wish the Winter Soldier cover was available as a newsstand. 

I waited forever to get one, finally I grabbed one for $30. I figured I wouldn't get another chance to own it so affordable. I was correct, however I'm not sure if I should hold on to it at current prices. It was undervalued for so long , and I feel like this might be the peak for it. 

2 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

I waited forever to get one, finally I grabbed one for $30. I figured I wouldn't get another chance to own it so affordable. I was correct, however I'm not sure if I should hold on to it at current prices. It was undervalued for so long , and I feel like this might be the peak for it. 

you probably bought the one I sold. maybe i am not remembering things right, but i don't remember it getting THAT expensive raw during the WS movie. I only had one copy.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

you probably bought the one I sold. maybe i am not remembering things right, but i don't remember it getting THAT expensive raw during the WS movie. I only had one copy.

Nah I bought it less than a year ago from dimebag's sale for $40. But yea it never really went over $70 if memory serves. That's surprising because A LOT of people actually consider CA: Winter soldier the best MCU movie still. 

Edited by maidenmate91

11 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Anything Captain America/Falcon/Winter Solider is really hot.
All these books are screaming hot right now. I wish I would have
held more copies of 323. Several of these books will be moving
higher soon.

Cap 312,323,354 
Cap 6 Winter Soldier
Cap 1 Falcon as Cap
Captain America 1 1996
Captain America 25 Death (This hasn't moved yet)

And sleeper Ive been buying awhile.
Iron Man 194 - I cant guarantee he will show up, but its dirt cheap
and Ive been buying it for a long time. 

I would also add Cap 321 and 333

Spirits of Vengeance 9 - 1st Vengeance. 

Book I was spouting about when it was pennies. 

Not great money, but an easy find for cheap and gets $15. 

Always liked the character. 

Couple others I think are good buys as they are cheap.  The Spirts of Venom 4-parter. 

Especially Spirits of Vengeance 6.   What a killer Kubert Venom cover. 

They are $1-3 all day long on E-bay, so I'm sure some stores have them for less. 

Common, but this goes w/ my rule from the other day.  People wanted it before, they will again. 

Patrick

15 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Spirits of Vengeance 9 - 1st Vengeance. 

Book I was spouting about when it was pennies. 

Not great money, but an easy find for cheap and gets $15. 

Always liked the character. 

Couple others I think are good buys as they are cheap.  The Spirts of Venom 4-parter. 

Especially Spirits of Vengeance 6.   What a killer Kubert Venom cover. 

They are $1-3 all day long on E-bay, so I'm sure some stores have them for less. 

Common, but this goes w/ my rule from the other day.  People wanted it before, they will again. 

Patrick

There's a trading card of the SOV #6 cover as well. 

74549-5518433Fr.jpg

6 minutes ago, littledoom said:

I remember preordering a handful of Spawn 301 homages.. now they’re selling for $20-25

301 homage is pretty sweet.  Always thought the ASM 301 was tough in high grade too. 

On the other hand, 298 and 299 were massively disappointing.  Not sure why, just seem drab. 

300 would likely have been off-the-charts if he hadn't of used it for 227.  

Patrick

NOTE: Is ASM 300 the most used cover for homages?  

13 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

301 homage is pretty sweet.  Always thought the ASM 301 was tough in high grade too. 

On the other hand, 298 and 299 were massively disappointing.  Not sure why, just seem drab. 

300 would likely have been off-the-charts if he hadn't of used it for 227.  

Patrick

NOTE: Is ASM 300 the most used cover for homages?  

2nd prints of Spawn 298 and 299 are good

1 minute ago, maidenmate91 said:

#244 is one of my all time favorites. :cloud9:

Kudranski is a beast. 

Anyone run across the Total Eclipse 1 (McFarlane from the 90s, not the books from the 80s)?

I've only seen one on the day or release.   Haven't looked at it in some time, but I recall it more being a huge ad after McFarlane bought Eclipse. 

People want some bread between $150-200 on the Bay.  Really aren't a ton of copies available.  

Patrick

Marvel’s Voices #1 seems to be picking up, with the first Children of the Atom. Did some spec site point to this yesterday?

i had one listed on ebay for two weeks with little interest, then got an offer last night just as someone else used buy it now. I listed a 2nd copy an hour ago, and it already has 17 views and 2 watchers.

7 minutes ago, Brock said:

Marvel’s Voices #1 seems to be picking up, with the first Children of the Atom. Did some spec site point to this yesterday?

i had one listed on ebay for two weeks with little interest, then got an offer last night just as someone else used buy it now. I listed a 2nd copy an hour ago, and it already has 17 views and 2 watchers.

And it sold for (a higher) BIN as I was posting this. List 'em if you got 'em.

On 3/12/2021 at 8:32 PM, the blob said:

were the ones you sold picked over or were you offering the $30 at the start too? end of the show $30 boxes always mean to me they were probably picked over pretty well... of course, maybe that's not true ... a couple of years ago a dollar box guy sold me about 200 dollar books for $100 at the end of the show and I got a lot of decent stuff in there like 10+ nice copies of MCP 72 and the rest of the weapon x books all nice and bagged and boarded (I think i have a few complete sets), so somehow $1 copies of MCP 72 had survived 4 days of NYCC and not been bought (unless he refreshed his inventory in mid-show).  PITA dragging them home on the subway along with 2 other boxes of krap i bought as the trains were messed up and it was 3 trains for me to get home.

They were well picked. Pure drek to me. No Spidey, no Batman, no hot titles. I have $1 books then I have bulk books. These were all bulk books.