• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,791 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Brock said:

Marvel’s Voices #1 seems to be picking up, with the first Children of the Atom. Did some spec site point to this yesterday?

i had one listed on ebay for two weeks with little interest, then got an offer last night just as someone else used buy it now. I listed a 2nd copy an hour ago, and it already has 17 views and 2 watchers.

I think I saw a CBR article the other day 

2 hours ago, Brock said:

Marvel’s Voices #1 seems to be picking up, with the first Children of the Atom. Did some spec site point to this yesterday?

i had one listed on ebay for two weeks with little interest, then got an offer last night just as someone else used buy it now. I listed a 2nd copy an hour ago, and it already has 17 views and 2 watchers.

Key Collector mentioned it.

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Spawn 240 thru 244 - Pulling $100 raw.
Just crazy money.

249 is not much behind it - around $80.  Killer cover. 

Patrick

Is it just that these are great covers? 10 issues earlier the comics sell for a lot less (but still sell well), 232-236, and I can't imagine the print runs are higher.

3 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

They were well picked. Pure drek to me. No Spidey, no Batman, no hot titles. I have $1 books then I have bulk books. These were all bulk books. 

No doubt some of the expert eyeballs here could have found 4-5 $8-10 books in each box that paid for the box and then they flip the leftover drek to the next guy for $30 who finds 6-7 $5-6 books in there, who then....

12 minutes ago, the blob said:

No doubt some of the expert eyeballs here could have found 4-5 $8-10 books in each box that paid for the box and then they flip the leftover drek to the next guy for $30 who finds 6-7 $5-6 books in there, who then....

Until it gets to the person who knows how to write off the absolutely worthless drek for tax purposes.

15 minutes ago, the blob said:

lugging a longbox home from a show and finding a buyer for said box is more effort than I would put forth for $30-$50, and I am a pure bottom feeder as a seller mostly. That is a heavy box.

29 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Until it gets to the person who knows how to write off the absolutely worthless drek for tax purposes.

you need to itemize your deductions for that to work. nowadays, many fewer folks itemize. with that said, i think you are probably pushing your luck if you claim more than 200-300 donated comics a year. i was fine claiming around that many at $2 a pop, as that was probably the average cover price (those terrible 90s image books were all 1.95, right?)

4 hours ago, Brock said:

People have been talking about it for months. I don’t care for the new characters as they’re direct ripoffs of some of the classic xmen. 

39 minutes ago, Bird said:

lugging a longbox home from a show and finding a buyer for said box is more effort than I would put forth for $30-$50, and I am a pure bottom feeder as a seller mostly. That is a heavy box.

I was thinking of the person who goes nuts and buys a few boxes. i bring a hand cart to shows with me as even dragging a short box around is something I don't want to do without wheels. with that said, if you buy a few boxes like this at every show at the end of the year you have 10-20+ and it becomes a lot easier to craiglist them to the next person... in theory. 

i remember a late 90s carbonaro show at the church where I bought 2 long boxes (of some pretty decent stuff). I believe the old red beards book den owner let me do a packed long box of $2 books for $100. this was good stuff. many multiples of ASM in the 130s - 150s in very nice shape and a lot of other good stuff. i was frantically flipping through the boxes vs. harley yee who was also filling up his long box. he had more vision than i did and was going after high grade DC square bounds before they were fashionable. But I had to carry them home more than a mile. Thank goodness I was in decent shape then. I carried one on each shoulder. I had spent all my cash and didn't even have money for a taxi. I ran into some gorgeous 2L at fordham law whom I had just had a somewhat flirty interview with (she was flirty, i, as the interviewer, was totally professional, of course). Were I not a giant dork carrying 2 boxes of comics on my shoulders I definitely would have tried to make more of the situation, but I had to move on and we just said hello. 

1 minute ago, Second Blight said:

240 -244 have the lowest print runs.

do we know what they were vs. 10 issues earlier? i just find it weird that my LCS kept on overordering spawn throughout the homage covers and into the mid 230s, as in multiple copies into the dollar box, whereas starting with the mexican mask one I was only able to fish one out per issue more or less. 

1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

People have been talking about it for months. I don’t care for the new characters as they’re direct ripoffs of some of the classic xmen. 

That's why I scooped a few to flip... I just couldn't understand why they'd gone crazy in the past 12 hours.

4 hours ago, the blob said:

Nope. Trust me. Ask @BishopT @hamiltonnathan@Real Elijah Snow @capt_comicsor any other guys from the Carolinas. I'm as good as anyone else at staying on top of the hot books and I went through every single box a week before I sold them pulling 30+ boxes of non-bulk/newer spec out. It was pure drek. 

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

3 hours ago, Bird said:

This wasn't at a show. They guy came and got them from my storage unit. 

38 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I wonder what his plans are for 67 long boxes of drek? That's a lot of drek. Yikes. I guess he has visions of picking a few scraps out of them and trying to get 50 cents or $1 a pop for the rest somewhere. I agree, there are less back breaking ways to squeeze a few bucks out of comics for sure.

56 minutes ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I was referencing the show where you said they were for sale.

17 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Spawn 240 thru 244 - Pulling $100 raw.
Just crazy money.

249 is not much behind it - around $80.  Killer cover. 

Patrick

spawn books that have recently done well (better than before) especially graded in 9.8

119 cameo gunslinger 9.8s are done way better (full disclosure I have one for auction)

122 1st NYX who becomes she spawn last 9,8 sold for $2500 not sure how legit that sale is but I have one up now for auction so we will see where it ends up

141 1st She Spawn