• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

spawn books that have recently done well (better than before) especially graded in 9.8

119 cameo gunslinger 9.8s are done way better (full disclosure I have one for auction)

122 1st NYX who becomes she spawn last 9,8 sold for $2500 not sure how legit that sale is but I have one up now for auction so we will see where it ends up

141 1st She Spawn 

disregard that sale on 122 9.8 - i see the seller has relisted for auction and it's due to end in 3 days, mine on Sunday 

29 minutes ago, littledoom said:

A Spawn 174 just sold for over a thousand raw. I remember four years ago when it and 175 were only a $30-40 books

just weird as it's a raw and there's a 9.8 for $1400 - i get that it's a $400 difference but there are other raws for much less. 

and that's not a 9.8 raw

3 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I'm not asking about the art. If a comic has the most amazing art but the story isn't interesting, then the art won't hold my interest alone. So if one does know the background, is the story interesting? Or is it just one of those things that one keeps up with because they've invested the time to read hundreds of issues?

The story is marginal at times.  I thought it got pretty interesting after the Larsen run but before 297.   Definitely better books to read in the scheme of things.

Spawn 251 & Resurrection were a good start point.   

Patrick 

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

One outlier sale. $38 & $84 raw copies are still available for sale .. a handful of $20-30 international copies. Looks like it’s current value is $30-40

147 is such a killer cover.  Definitely in my top 5 for the series. 

It's tough to find.  But $100 seems a bit crazy.  Won't surprise me, in this climate, if it does get to that point. 

Patrick

2 hours ago, littledoom said:

A Spawn 174 just sold for over a thousand raw. I remember four years ago when it and 175 were only a $30-40 books

I bought super nice copies of 174 and 175 on here for even less.  

It is crazy.  This book has really stuck out in a series of a bunch of financial winners. 

Patrick

7 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Hmmm, so do you think I should offload my 242 now or hold?hm

IMO, it would be more than fine to sell now.  
But in all honesty, it could end up being more at some point.  It's just that screwed up of a market. 

If I didn't care about Spawn, the only reason I'd hang on to it is the potential of a movie coming out and the 4 new series coming out.  

Patrick

3 hours ago, followtheleader said:

IMO, it would be more than fine to sell now.  
But in all honesty, it could end up being more at some point.  It's just that screwed up of a market. 

If I didn't care about Spawn, the only reason I'd hang on to it is the potential of a movie coming out and the 4 new series coming out.  

Patrick

I would add they are hard to find, they are harder to find in high grade, but they are out there. The people buying were collecting so they are out there (in collections) Otherwise they are in some shops backstock that aren't keeping up with trends.

Edited by jsilverjanet

10 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Hmmm, so do you think I should offload my 242 now or hold?hm

If you want to sell it let me know as I'd be quite interested.

1 hour ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Spawn 242 sales make no sense. Someone paid $160 for a raw a few days ago when there are 9.8s available for $200.

I have a nice raw 244 stickered at $50 in my wall box that garnered zero interest at a show 10 days ago. May be time to move it online!

It’s my experience that Spawn is an online book and not a show book. People don’t want to pay real money at shows for Spawn so I don’t really bother trying to sell there

of course the exception is Spawn 1 cause everyone loves that book