• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,757 posts in this topic

I mean, if ASM 678 is consistently a $300 book why can't the Ditko cover (as a $7.99 1:200) double that?

It's a great cover. I'm rather bullish on its near-term potential.

Because it doesn't have a sexy Mary Jane as Venom on it. That cover is by far the best spider man cover I've ever seen IMO. I would f***king die if I owned the OA to that cover.....I'm a sucker for drawn girls..especially Mary Jane.....

Please tell me you're joking

Actually the above statement is why that book is so hot. There are alot of collectors wanting that book currently. Eye of the Beholder type of deal.

The Ditko is now a $1000 book raw - just ended

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-700-RARE-1-200-STEVE-DITKO-VARIANT-/140899896625?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20ce49cd31&autorefresh=true

I wonder how much CGC 9.8 graded copies will end up going for.

hm

No offense, but $1K for that is just plain silly.

DITKO actually drew a comic book again? That's cool though. What's the story behind it?

It was an unused cover from AF 15 which is kind of cool. It has appeared in a few other places in the past, but I think it is the first time it has been on a cover of the US ASM.

i'm just speaking longterm...by the time the Saga run ends peter parker will be back in his body and DC will be planning to kill superman again.

i hear you. in fact as the Saga run ends (about 9 years from now) i'd expect Peter Parker to be dead AGAIN! lol

First Amazing will somehow hit 1000.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMAZING-SPIDER-MAN-700-RARE-1-200-STEVE-DITKO-VARIANT-/140899896625?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item20ce49cd31&autorefresh=true

hm

DITKO actually drew a comic book again? That's cool though. What's the story behind it?

It was an unused cover from AF 15 which is kind of cool. It has appeared in a few other places in the past, but I think it is the first time it has been on a cover of the US ASM.

+1

The image was the original cover Ditko drew for Amazing Fantasy #15. Stan Lee didn't think Spidey looked heroic enough and the image wasn't iconic. So he asked Jack Kirby to draw a Spidey cover as well to see what he could come up with. Obviously, they went with the Kirby cover.

hm

+1

The image was the original cover Ditko drew for Amazing Fantasy #15. Stan Lee didn't think Spidey looked heroic enough and the image wasn't iconic. So he asked Jack Kirby to draw a Spidey cover as well to see what he could come up with. Obviously, they went with the Kirby cover.

And while it is a cool cover, I think they made the right choice.

I definitely see support for Amazing Spider-Man #700, Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 and Daredevil #21. And I see Amazing Spider-Man #700 Midtown Variant is up to $45? Yikes. I should of bought one when they were first offered. doh! So nothing new to add really. :sorry:

No, midtown is up to $80 shipped.

I definitely see support for Amazing Spider-Man #700, Avenging Spider-Man #15.1 and Daredevil #21. And I see Amazing Spider-Man #700 Midtown Variant is up to $45? Yikes. I should of bought one when they were first offered. doh! So nothing new to add really. :sorry:

No, midtown is up to $80 shipped.

The may be selling for that but I was just noticing an auction in which the price was bid up to $45. So I'm not sure why your disagreeing with me. (shrug)