• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

As for comic shop owners, yes, one has to wonder why the part-time junior internet dealer knows more about what is hot than they do, but the thing is, things move so quickly nowadays. a few months ago the LODK "prey" books were moving well and now, while they sell, aren't selling for much. how long did that last? it can hurt one's brain trying to keep up.

+1

The WD stuff is pretty hard to keep up with. 53 was literally selling for $10 1-2 weeks ago and suddenly it shot up to ridiculous prices, and stores just weren't quick enough to catch something like this.

Now 48 is selling for $50+, and I know of a few stores I can hit and grab a couple for under $10. That is, unless they've already caught on.

ya ever have those moments where you feel satisfied after years of knowing it was bound to happen and you stay the course?

That is how I feel about Walking Dead. Damn Great Feeling.

It's called luck, enjoy it. :baiting:

lol

(tsk)

what is a fair price for walking dead 33 second printing. hard to believe it is selling for 150 buy now

I think you would be able to find this one for $90 or so. $150 seems excessive.

1st prints can be found for $20-30 on ebay. a 2nd print shouldn't run more than $10-15

Edited by Hawkman

what is a fair price for walking dead 33 second printing. hard to believe it is selling for 150 buy now

1st prints can be found for $20-30 on ebay. a 2nd print shouldn't run more than $10-15

Yeah, they shouldn't be, but it's one of the books that is never in over-abundance on ebay. Even when the first print was only a cover price book, I always sold second prints for $25 with no prob because my copies were the only ones out there.

If people want them, they pay. The first print is plentiful. The blue cover, second print, not so much.

With that being said, you can still get them for $30 on ebay. The last copy I sold, I moved for about $65.

you guys think I can get 300 for walking dead 9.8 #50 variant signed by kirkman? last one sold was for 250. Or should I wait till the governor shows up on the show?

Not a chance ... 2nd prints of #33 have always been pricier than the 1st prints; the last three raw 2nd prints that were on eBay fetched $60, $75 and $130.

The $150 BIN that's up there now is mine - I'm actually 80% confident I'll get the asking price :grin:

Not a chance ... 2nd prints of #33 have always been pricier than the 1st prints; the last three raw 2nd prints that were on eBay fetched $60, $75 and $130.

The $150 BIN that's up there now is mine - I'm actually 80% confident I'll get the asking price :grin:

The person that listed the $130 book has come on this forum (in this thread or the WD thread) to let everyone know that the book did NOT sell at that price. So...highest recorded sale thus far is $90 (with the vast majority at $60 or less).

i still have a big stack in my pull file that I raided out of the back issue boxes for cover. Probably have purchased a short box in total from them over last couple weeks. They don't care, it's money to them.

And...there is one listing for a set of 1st, 2nd, and Weekly copies of issue 33 with a BIN of $149. Interesting, since this is a relist of an auction that ran last week with a BIN/OBO of $149. He received at least 8 offers, and did not sell...and then just decided to remove the "obo" from the equation. And THAT auction was a relist of the same books with (IIRC) a starting bid of $79.95 and a BIN of $99.95. It appears that each time this auction fails to sell, the seller jacks the price up higher. I wonder which business school this seller graduated from...?

you guys think I can get 300 for walking dead 9.8 #50 variant signed by kirkman? last one sold was for 250. Or should I wait till the governor shows up on the show?

Is this the Dynamic Forces book?

If so, yes, you should be able to get $300 for it no problem. I'm still kicking myself in the for not buying a copy I saw.

There's a dynamic forces WD #50? Never heard of this........

If so, yes, you should be able to get $300 for it no problem. I'm still kicking myself in the for not buying a copy I saw.

There's a dynamic forces WD #50? Never heard of this........

Whoops. I must've smoked something today. I thought I saw #25 not #50. No, there is no DF #50.