• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite "The Big Bang Theory" Comic Book Store Episodes

171 posts in this topic

Stephen Hawking to cameo on 'Big Bang Theory'

Stephen-Hawking_320.jpg

A geek dream finally fulfilled!

Sheldon (Jim Parsons) will finally meet his hero, Stephen Hawking, in an upcoming episode of The Big Bang Theory. The CBS show is keeping details of Hawking’s appearance under wraps but EW did find out that the author of A Brief History of Time will appear in a scene with Parsons on April 4.

Hawking’s cameo will air the week after Leonard Nimoy finally shows up on the comedy. Nimoy, in fact, Tweeted @TheRealNimoy earlier today: “Spock on Big Bang Theory on 3/29. Stephen Hawking the following week. Logical.”

LINK

========================================

Leonard Nimoy to haunt Sheldon's dreams on 'The Big Bang Theory'

leonard-nimoy_175.jpg

In what many believe to be the best ever episode of The Big Bang Theory, the prospect of owning a sample of Leonard Nimoy’s saliva was so overwhelming to Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons) that it caused him to dissolve into a gooey sentimental puddle and hug the woman who gave him the gift, Penny (Kaley Cuoco). Well, imagine what Sheldon will do when he learns the Big Bang overlords have provided him with an even bigger gift: The voice of Leonard Nimoy haunting his slumber.

That’s right: EW has confirmed TV Line’s report that the Star Trek star is lending his voice for the March 29th episode, playing Spock in one of Sheldon’s dreams. It’s likely the closest Sheldon was ever going to come to interacting with his hero; devotees of the show know that Nimoy has a restraining order out on Dr. Cooper.

This marks the fifth Trek alum to appear in some capacity on Big Bang. Wil Wheaton (Star Trek: The Next Generation) has a recurring role as Sheldon’s nemesis, “Wil Wheaton,” while ST:TNG‘s LeVar Burton and Brent Spiner, and Star Trek‘s George Takei have all appeared as themselves.

LINK

:D

But what I can't understand is how Sheldon fools Leonard.

How did he repair the seal on the "mint in box" transporter toy after he broke it and switched it with Leonard's? (shrug)

He is clearly seen cutting the seal when he first opens it.

Great show I have seen every episode. First couple of seasons were outstanding and it has been trailing off since then IMO. Has anyone else noticed that Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper) has bulked up? This doesn't fit the character and is very distracting to me for some reason. Also this season Penny as been wearing more clothes. I like old Penny better.

The first 3 seasons are outstanding. As I have stated in this thread before, it isn't as funny as it was since they have brought more female characters onto the show.

As far as Jim Parsons goes, I had thought awhile back he looked like he was getting a belly, not that there is anything wrong with that for most people. The problem is he is a mid 30's aged guy playing a guy who is in his mid 20's. He can't stay that young looking forever. Mind you he hasn't bulked up like a weight lifter would, he is gaining weight around his mid section.

I love the show, I watch it every week religiously, and will continue to watch until it is no longer on tv.

Great show I have seen every episode. First couple of seasons were outstanding and it has been trailing off since then IMO. Has anyone else noticed that Jim Parsons (Sheldon Cooper) has bulked up? This doesn't fit the character and is very distracting to me for some reason. Also this season Penny as been wearing more clothes. I like old Penny better.

Yeah, Sheldon has pecs now. It is a little out of character. If he keeps it up it's going to be a little like "Ross" on "Friends" in comparison.

Penny gained a few pounds since the first episodes, so that may be why she's wearing more clothes.

My favorite episodes always seem to be the ones with just the guys, rather than the relationship-based ones.

I recently watched 3X16 again.

This is the one where Raj points out all Stan Lee's character names that have the same starting initial for both first and last name.

Classic!

Raj: I can’t wait to ask Stan Lee why he insists on giving all his characters first and last names that start with the same letter.

Howard: Oh, come on. Why would you do that?

Raj: Bruce Banner, Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Stephen Strange, Otto Octavius, Silver Surfer, Peter Parker, oh, and worst of all: J. Jonah Jameson, Jr.

Then later:

Raj: Hey, I didn't even mention Dum Dum Dugan or Green Goblin, Matt Murdock, Pepper Potts, Victor Von Doom, oh, and worst of all, Millie the Model.

Raj: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Invincible Iron Man, Happy Hogan, Curt Connors...

And worst of all, Fin Fang Foom.

There's a website that points out more:

Lana Lang

Grey Gargoyle

Lori Lemaris

Lois Lane

Living Laser

Metal Master

Black Bolt

Man Mountain Marko

:D

Anyone catch the season finale? Howard gives all his groomsmen "Mint" issues of FF annual #3. (Wedding of Reed and Sue). Classic!

Yeah, Sheldon mentioned they were $100 each, and then proceeded to return $10 because he spent $88 on a gravy boat and $2 on a card.

There was also a part where Leonard was trying to convince Sheldon to go to the wedding because it might be fun. Sheldon replied, "That's what you said about the 'Green Lantern' movie. You were 114 minutes of wrong."

So even thought the comic store is almost all DC, they have some balance.

Had this thought today. With all of the "Roseanne" alumni appearing on the show, wouldn't it be amusing if John Goodman came on as Leonards father? Also, he could have the persona and look of Dr. Faustus from the Captain America books.

Had this thought today. With all of the "Roseanne" alumni appearing on the show, wouldn't it be amusing if John Goodman came on as Leonards father? Also, he could have the persona and look of Dr. Faustus from the Captain America books.

That would be awesome. I love John Goodman. He needs to get back on TV.

johngoodman.jpg

Hey! I could see that!

409650-146066-dr-faustus.jpg

Getting Roseanne on there would be fun too, but I don't know what their relationship is like. I heard there were some hard feelings about her from some of the cast and crew because she was such a prima donna dictator.

Anyone catch the season finale? Howard gives all his groomsmen "Mint" issues of FF annual #3. (Wedding of Reed and Sue). Classic!

I was happy about that. They could have used the Superman wedding issue (because of WB), but they did what they did because that Superman issue is crapola and the FF Annual #3 is infinitely better. Kudos to them.

Peace,

Chip

Not a comic book store episode, but I saw the ep. for the first time last night that flashed back to Sheldon and Leonard's first meeting and moving in together. Very funny stuff.