• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Favorite "The Big Bang Theory" Comic Book Store Episodes

171 posts in this topic

If you look at the Terms of Service you will see the following

http://www.thecomiccenter.com/terms-of-service.html

How To Contact Us

This Site is controlled and operated by Warner Bros. Advanced Digital Services, a division of Warner Bros. Technical Operations Inc. and/or Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., located at 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91522 (collectively, “Warner”). Please forward any comments or complaints about the Site to customerservice@wb.com. Please forward any questions regarding privacy to privacy@wb.com. Please forward any questions regarding other legal matters to legal@wb.com.

Has anyone gone to the actual store?

http://www.thecomiccenter.com/

Thanks for posting this link! It took me a while, but after flipping a couple pages I'm pretty convinced that this is a fake website, probably set up as some kind of promo for the show and DC Comics.

Still, very cool, and lots of fun to dig through the various pages here. The telling fact for me though was that there is no address or phone number listed anywhere, as well as no Marvel product at all.

And once you realize that it is a "fake" store--their buying policy elevates to fine satire: We only want the best stuff, but will give you next to nothing for it!

I also like their shop hours:

Shop Hours

We're open 11AM-7PM Daily Except:

•Monday: 11AM-5PM

•Tuesday: 11AM-6PM

•Wednesday: 10AM-6PM

•Thursday: 11AM-8PM

•Fri & Sat: 11AM-9PM

Has to be. I never honestly thought otherwise.You guys haven't noticed almost every item in the store is a DC item? Come on, talk about your product placement.

Has anyone gone to the actual store?

http://www.thecomiccenter.com/

Thanks for posting this link! It took me a while, but after flipping a couple pages I'm pretty convinced that this is a fake website, probably set up as some kind of promo for the show and DC Comics.

Still, very cool, and lots of fun to dig through the various pages here. The telling fact for me though was that there is no address or phone number listed anywhere, as well as no Marvel product at all.

And once you realize that it is a "fake" store--their buying policy elevates to fine satire: We only want the best stuff, but will give you next to nothing for it!

I also like their shop hours:

Shop Hours

We're open 11AM-7PM Daily Except:

•Monday: 11AM-5PM

•Tuesday: 11AM-6PM

•Wednesday: 10AM-6PM

•Thursday: 11AM-8PM

•Fri & Sat: 11AM-9PM

Yeah, you're right. It didn't make sense that they weren't promoting the TV show more on their site. I mean, how many comic books stores of this size get that kind of break? And the link for comics for sale was extremely limited. And the outside of the store looks too much like a set. I didn't notice the hours until you pointed it out. Nice catch.

Still wonder what the ultimate purpose of the site is then. Could it be that someone not affiliated with the TV show just put it together as a joke? Hmm.

If you look at the Terms of Service you will see the following

http://www.thecomiccenter.com/terms-of-service.html

How To Contact Us

This Site is controlled and operated by Warner Bros. Advanced Digital Services, a division of Warner Bros. Technical Operations Inc. and/or Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., located at 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank, CA 91522 (collectively, “Warner”). Please forward any comments or complaints about the Site to customerservice@wb.com. Please forward any questions regarding privacy to privacy@wb.com. Please forward any questions regarding other legal matters to legal@wb.com.

That solves it.

I like this part:

Let this proclamation go forth throughout the land! It's that time again, players! Summon thy mightiest Phantom Warlords, collect thy carrots of power, and gather thine endless serpents, and join us every Thursday at 8pm for the Comic Center's Mystic Warlords of Ka'a tournament! The victor of each week's epic battle will collect a bounty of $500!

Please note:

Stuart has dibs on partnering with any celebrity contestants.

Energy drinks will be available, for a significant but fair fee.

At the judges' discretion, persons with eidetic memory may be assigned a three-card handicap.

Please limit taunts to quotes from even-numbered Trek films only.

Initially, I thought the TV show used the name "Stuart" from the LCS (which would have been pretty cool).

I still haven't seen this show.

It was on while you were passed out on the floor.

It's a really funny show. My wife and I DVR it every week. Give it a whirl.

Saw a great re-run last night, where Howard is about to put the "moves" on Bernadette and an imagined George Takei (AKA Sulu) is advising him to take it slowly lol .

Yea, thats a great episode.... Does anyone else think Bernadette is hot? I almost would rather have her than Penny.... I know its crazy but its what my loins tell me! :roflmao:

Yep you are :insane:

0000027.jpg

Looks like Captain Sweatpants is the only Marvel thing happening. The other pictures do show some Goon and some other Indy stuff.

Never noticed that. That's actually nefarious.

Talk about anti-sponsorship.

0000027.jpg

Looks like Captain Sweatpants is the only Marvel thing happening. The other pictures do show some Goon and some other Indy stuff.

I love the episode with the speaker in Raj's shirt and they meet Stan Lee. It always made me jealous of Leonard, because he's got a copy of JIM 83 he contemplates about signing.

I actually thought I hated the show for a few seasons (my wife loved it) until I sat down and watched the show and got to know the characters.

So I'm going to enjoy the syndicated re-runs when I have time to watch them :grin:

It was recommended to me to view this show, I have since tried it watching 3-4 episodes.

So far I just can't seem to get into it.

That's a bummer - but to each their own!

Does anyone else think Bernadette is hot? I almost would rather have her than Penny.... I know its crazy but its what my loins tell me! :roflmao:

melissa-rauch-picture-575639338.jpg

So hot yes! I actually dont think her nose is that big....

You know I never thought of it before, but you guys are right.... not much marvel represented in the show? hm