• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your TOP 5 selling regrets!

192 posts in this topic

None of my books compare to the amazing Pedigrees and high grade examples in this thread, but I found the scans to a few others that I regret selling.

I have another one of these, but it's a little rattier than this one.

scan0006-2.jpg

I love this cover. One of my non-buying regrets was not going harder after the Carson City copy when it came up on Heritage.

fc328.jpg

Love this book (thumbs u

+1. I was able to pick up the CGC 9.6 a while back and will be holding on to that for a while.

I still find it extremely impressive how well tth2 picked the timing for the sale of his Barks Four Colors. If someone ever writes a textbook for "comic book buying and selling 101", his story deserves to be one of the key case studies.

None of my books compare to the amazing Pedigrees and high grade examples in this thread, but I found the scans to a few others that I regret selling.

I have another one of these, but it's a little rattier than this one.

scan0006-2.jpg

I love this cover. One of my non-buying regrets was not going harder after the Carson City copy when it came up on Heritage.

Besides the cover, I love the adaptation of SON OF FRANKENSTEIN. I wonder how much more in demand this book would be if Karloff and Lugosi were on the cover?(but I do love the Gunga Din cover as is).

Those are beautiful books Ryan. I know and feel your pain, especially the Detective 35. I had the Larson Tec 35, a beauty 9.2 ® with only a cleaned cover and the most beautiful registration and centering of any copy out there. Had to sell it when I got divorced. But you know the great thing about all these "regrets"? At least we had them when we needed them. They are wonderful books and great memories. But sometimes life hits you with a curveball. And we, as comic collectors, are fortunate to have these great books to fall back on if we need a few bucks (or a lot of bucks) to help with whatever situation we are in. The bonus is there are always other books out there to chase and collect to help us create new memories. As much as I miss some of the books I've sold (Mark Zaid - I hope you are taking care of that 9.0 More Fun 65!), I love the books I have now even more. Regrets, maybe a little. But in the long run, not really.

As I promised I would Rich! :hi:

MoreFun65.jpg

Those are beautiful books Ryan. I know and feel your pain, especially the Detective 35. I had the Larson Tec 35, a beauty 9.2 ® with only a cleaned cover and the most beautiful registration and centering of any copy out there. Had to sell it when I got divorced. But you know the great thing about all these "regrets"? At least we had them when we needed them. They are wonderful books and great memories. But sometimes life hits you with a curveball. And we, as comic collectors, are fortunate to have these great books to fall back on if we need a few bucks (or a lot of bucks) to help with whatever situation we are in. The bonus is there are always other books out there to chase and collect to help us create new memories. As much as I miss some of the books I've sold (Mark Zaid - I hope you are taking care of that 9.0 More Fun 65!), I love the books I have now even more. Regrets, maybe a little. But in the long run, not really.

As I promised I would Rich! :hi:

MoreFun65.jpg

Best More Fun cover IMO (worship)

This is number 1... Partnered up with my dad to buy this one but bad to let it go out of necessity. I'm working on getting it back tho. :wishluck:

CrimeSuspenstories22cgc6_0CH_zps9fac5efb.jpg

Here's number 2. Probably my second all time favorite book. I just couldn't deal with the cover fading. Ill probably never be able to afford another copy now considering recent prices.

FightAgainstCrime20cgc4_5_zps69642a4d.jpeg

This one found a good home and I was able to find a replacement, albeit not a pedigree and not as nice condition though.

TrueCrime3cgc8_5crmow.jpg

And finally...

MarvelMysteryComics54cgc70crmow_zpsbbd8e747.jpeg

Five is way to small a number for me, but I'll limit it to these five groups

Scan0004.jpg

mm0055-2.jpg

actioncollection.jpg

GreatEight-2.jpg

sixDCkeys.jpg

This has a REAL shot at possibly being 5 of the most impressive consecutive pics I have Ever laid my eyes upon (worship) HOLY spoonerville!!! BTW HUGE props to whoever is now in possession of that TEC #31 7.0 with the white page designation :o

These five are in no particular order of disappointment lol. I've become a seasoned collector over the last 20 years. There's a story behind every book.

2007 Wondercon; traded this (plus a 4.0 AF15, 3.5 FF1,$1000) for a raw Tec 31 which I thought would come back 2.5 at the very least. It came back 1.8 brittle. The Action 13 was long gone. I believe a board member proudly owns the 1.8 Tec 31. I originally purchased the Action 13 for $2100 about thirteen years ago. I have no idea who owns it now and I haven't seen it since it left my hands nearly seven years ago.

MyoldAction13CGC40-2.jpg

Bought this from the dentist in 2000. Sold it in 2004 when I was in a brief, but severe high grade FF fever doh! Within two years I sold all the FFs, and the Cap eventually made it to a guy named Gator. No idea where it resides now.

1E7EF82B-1444-49FA-9CDF-182700540002-195-00000004C89F6682_zps050c5fbc.jpg

Sold this in 2009 for a song. The buyer flipped for nearly 3x what they paid me.

Tec18raw50ModPmycopy.jpg

My first Marvel 9 that I owned from 1997-2004. Like the Cap 3, was subject to unnecessary high grade FF acquisitions :flamed:

MM9Front-MyCopy.jpg

Sold this in 2010. Funds went to a Cap 1 so was worth moving at the time. I'm in the market again so sorta wish had this back.

Suspense3CGC50ExP.jpg

Regrets.. I feel disgusted with myself for letting my pre-robin set go :(. I made the wrong move and wished I have them back. No need to post pictures because it hurts a lot looking at each one individually. I will not make that mistake again with any of the books I have remaining. I hope I can get the set back sometime in the future

Regrets.. I feel disgusted with myself for letting my pre-robin set go :(. I made the wrong move and wished I have them back. No need to post pictures because it hurts a lot looking at each one individually. I will not make that mistake again with any of the books I have remaining. I hope I can get the set back sometime in the future

You sold those for a high grade AF #15 or Hulk #1 right?

I can relate. I sold mine on these very boards a few years ago. Right before they got hot, of course. At the time I thought it was the right move, but it turned out to be one of the worst decisions I've made in my comic collecting life :(

I can relate. I sold mine on these very boards a few years ago. Right before they got hot, of course. At the time I thought it was the right move, but it turned out to be one of the worst decisions I've made in my comic collecting life :(

:foryou: