• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post 'em if you Won 'em...C-Link, Heritage, and Pedigree.

428 posts in this topic

I think people just couldn't take nine hours of consecutive auctions and passed out in front of the screen. I guessed the OW pages might have turned some people off but the colors are very bright. I'll take being lucky once in a while.

It's insane how much material there is all at once.

Unless it's a full time job, there's just no way you can keep up to everything going off.

I think people just couldn't take nine hours of consecutive auctions and passed out in front of the screen. I guessed the OW pages might have turned some people off but the colors are very bright. I'll take being lucky once in a while.

It's insane how much material there is all at once.

Unless it's a full time job, there's just no way you can keep up to everything going off.

Imagine trying to do it WITH a full time job and a family. Yikes!

I owe my wife something nice since she has gone out of her way to be accomodating this week.

BTW, my only win so far tonight is my favorite of this auction:

RAD0D23D20111028_131856.jpg

The last of my consignments went off on Clink tonight, to pretty bad results. Consigning with them has been just a joke for the last few auctions. Why they schedule their Featureds at the same time as Heritage Sigs is a complete mystery to me, but it kills the sellers, that's for sure.

Time to give some other auction house a try, though I have no idea who.

The last of my consignments went off on Clink tonight, to pretty bad results. Consigning with them has been just a joke for the last few auctions. Why they schedule their Featureds at the same time as Heritage Sigs is a complete mystery to me, but it kills the sellers, that's for sure. (thumbs u

Same dismal results here,

:sorry:

The last of my consignments went off on Clink tonight, to pretty bad results. Consigning with them has been just a joke for the last few auctions. Why they schedule their Featureds at the same time as Heritage Sigs is a complete mystery to me, but it kills the sellers, that's for sure. (thumbs u

I really don't know what to do at this point. I have no confidence left in Clink, but I don't want to pay the Heritage vig. Pedigree is out for obvious reasons, and I don't want to consign to Comicconnect for personal reasons. Maybe Sparkle City?

I guess I will be offering a LOT of slabs here on the boards come next year. (shrug)

Why they schedule their Featureds at the same time as Heritage Sigs is a complete mystery to me, but it kills the sellers, that's for sure.

First time that's happened (I think). Still can't figure out why, considering a couple of phone calls would've prevented this.

Thought I was going to grab some Four Colors at bargain prices, but no luck. They did generally sell at discounts to Heritage from a year ago. But last minute bids went past my max bids. Some pretty books though.

I really don't know what to do at this point. I have no confidence left in Clink, but I don't want to pay the Heritage vig. Pedigree is out for obvious reasons, and I don't want to consign to Comicconnect for personal reasons. Maybe Sparkle City?

I guess I will be offering a LOT of slabs here on the boards come next year. (shrug)

It's not the venue. It's just the fact that there are too many auctions.

I've sold some truly unique items and none of them have done well at auction.

I think a few of those books would have sold privately really well.

:whistle:

Bring em on, you have great stuff

I have asked Douglas and basically they schedule the auctions when they want, there are so many happening there is no way to dance around them, and they have much stuff being offered it has to go somewhere

Bought this piece of GGA OA that I'm excited about. It's page two of Pussycat (Adventures of) from 1968 with Bill Ward and Bill Everett.

Pussycatpage2.jpg

Every notice Bill Ward doesn't draw feet very well? The hands are good but the feet look weak. :(

[font:Book Antiqua]You don’t have seen Rob Liefield

drawing feet right...?[/font]

:/

Bought this piece of GGA OA that I'm excited about. It's page two of Pussycat (Adventures of) from 1968 with Bill Ward and Bill Everett.

Every notice Bill Ward doesn't draw feet very well? The hands are good but the feet look weak. :(

Yup, but I think that's exactly what he's trying to get across. The feet ain't important to him.

lol

Bring em on, you have great stuff

I have asked Douglas and basically they schedule the auctions when they want, there are so many happening there is no way to dance around them, and they have much stuff being offered it has to go somewhere

All of the auction houses did the same thing last year at this time. Heritage, CLink, CC and Pedigree had big auctions in November. There wasn't as much HQ stuff but there was still as much or more than the market could bear. This year, CLink has suffered from the timing.

It's not the venue. It's just the fact that there are too many auctions.

I've sold some truly unique items and none of them have done well at auction.

I think a few of those books would have sold privately really well.

:whistle:

I've likened what I've encountered the last 2-3 years in the comic market to the "seasonality" of the stock market. I've learned that January-September is the time to sell, while October-December is the time to buy. I don't consign stuff anymore in the last three months of the year....there is such a sheer volume of material out there to compete against, that unless your material is "one of a kind", it will likely be drowned out by everything else. Add in the fact that people tend to hold back their discretionary spending with Christmas right around the corner, and you have a recipe for disaster if you are consigning SA Marvels and the like in a no reserve format auction. Trust me, many of my books have set all-time GPA lows to prove it. :boo:

Last November's Signature Auction ended up being my largest bill ever for a Comiclink auction. I'm happy to report most of those books sold by April of the following year, generally at a 20%-35% profit.

So far, this year's November auction bill looks to be just as mammoth as last year's. :P