• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post 'em if you Won 'em...C-Link, Heritage, and Pedigree.

428 posts in this topic

Thanks Jeff and everyone else pm'ing me. I know I've been a total to you so you'd be well within your rights to laugh in my face over this. You're a better man than me though so I appreciate the kind words (thumbs u

Really though, this is as close to a fatal blow to me as possible in the hobby. I wanted those books SOOOO bad and went thru a LOT to get them. To have this happen is just devastating! I know eventually others will come along but I also know that the way I am, I'll always be bitter over this. If I have to pay even a penny more than these went for, it'll just kill all the joy in getting them. I wanted them so bad and was so sure I had them, to have them snatched out from under me like this is a VERY bitter pill for someone like me to swallow.

This is a hobby for me and hobbies should be fun. After this, it's going to be a while before buying or looking at ANY comic is going to be fun for me :sorry:

I was only chasing one book on CLink tonight, and I managed to snag it. :)

ASM05.jpg

Gorgeous book....you should thank me. :gossip:

I had my bid $$ filled in on the page and the cursor was over the submit button before I pulled back (due to winning the ASM 3 7.0). (thumbs u

Thank you! :hail:

I had a pretty high safety margin built into my bid, so between us we probably would have set a new GPA high if you had hit "submit". ;)

That Action #37 went for a nice price on CLINK last night.. you know as long as you dont mind the huge name written on the cover in pencil! Apparently all 7.0s are not created equal (though white pages help!)

and though its not GA...

Action #406 was a good deal too! $211 for a top consensus 9.8 with white pages and Rocky Mtn Pedigree! (9.6 GPA of $200 two years ago!)

I've won a few so far, but this one is by far and away my favorite. Some of you might not like the scribbling on the cover, but when it's Frazetta, I think even most SS bashers don't mind.

RADFCFAB2011114_173225.jpg

I was planning on bidding on that one all week but talked myself out of it at the last minute. Nice pickup - I thought that was a really fair price.

Got the book I wanted most.

Planet39.jpg

great get cheetah... but then again Im a little Planets biased.. easily the best looking book in the auction for my money.

I completely agree!

A Big Apple with white pages is a BIG plus. (thumbs u

I've won a few so far, but this one is by far and away my favorite. Some of you might not like the scribbling on the cover, but when it's Frazetta, I think even most SS bashers don't mind.

RADFCFAB2011114_173225.jpg

I was planning on bidding on that one all week but talked myself out of it at the last minute. Nice pickup - I thought that was a really fair price.

In my book, you're right on both counts.

1) In general, I don't like scribbling on comic books.

2) In this case I'd make an exception. Love it!

Nice pickup.

I picked up a couple of odds and ends books, so nothing major. That said, this is my first Mile High book and I'm a sucker for black covers:

atoman.jpg

I'm kind of the same way with black covers. On this book, every time I skimmed past the thumbnail image during the auction, I got fooled, "A REALLY early appearance by Firestorm??" :insane:

I picked this one up late yesterday. Based on the price, I think people were getting auction fatigue.

RAD7B1412011113_111846.jpg

What a great price. Good job. That's my old book. I bought it off Biorupp last year for 3k, then auctioned it off on Clink this past May and got $2,900 for it.

Thanks Jeff and everyone else pm'ing me. I know I've been a total to you so you'd be well within your rights to laugh in my face over this. You're a better man than me though so I appreciate the kind words (thumbs u

Really though, this is as close to a fatal blow to me as possible in the hobby. I wanted those books SOOOO bad and went thru a LOT to get them. To have this happen is just devastating! I know eventually others will come along but I also know that the way I am, I'll always be bitter over this. If I have to pay even a penny more than these went for, it'll just kill all the joy in getting them. I wanted them so bad and was so sure I had them, to have them snatched out from under me like this is a VERY bitter pill for someone like me to swallow.

This is a hobby for me and hobbies should be fun. After this, it's going to be a while before buying or looking at ANY comic is going to be fun for me :sorry:

Jason the word "overreacting" comes to mind when I read this. If you have been around a few years you will notice that books you may have missed at one point can reappear for sale in a short period of time and you might even get them cheaper! Seriously, if Cheetah can decide one day that he is going to unload his whole Avengers collection [a huge surprise to probably everyone] then have some patience, go hit a heavy bag or rag on some noobs. Chill.

I picked this one up late yesterday. Based on the price, I think people were getting auction fatigue.

RAD7B1412011113_111846.jpg

What a great price. Good job. That's my old book. I bought it off Biorupp last year for 3k, then auctioned it off on Clink this past May and got $2,900 for it.

I think people just couldn't take nine hours of consecutive auctions and passed out in front of the screen. I guessed the OW pages might have turned some people off but the colors are very bright. I'll take being lucky once in a while.

Bought this piece of GGA OA that I'm excited about. It's page two of Pussycat (Adventures of) from 1968 with Bill Ward and Bill Everett.

Pussycatpage2.jpg