• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post 'em if you Won 'em...C-Link, Heritage, and Pedigree.

428 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! Honestly, I think I'm done for awhile :sorry:

Some people on here who know me know the details but I can't even tell you all I've had to do and the books I passed on in the other auctions to get those avengers tonight. After all that, to have this happen and not even get to bid has taken ALL the fun out of it. Seriously, the thought of looking at ANY comic right now makes me want to puke!

I cannot believe what happened just now! FML!!! :censored:

Congrats dane! I know how much u wanted that 58!

I got completely screwed!!!

I had what almost definitely would have been the winning bid on the avengers 2 9.4, 3. 9.4 and 8 9.6. My power went out just over a minute before the 2 went off. By the time I found my phone and got online, I missed them all :censored:

Seeing how low they went, I want to puke! I'm sitting here in the dark trying tomdecide to laugh or cry. I'm so pissed right now, I can't even put it into words!

I passed on a LOT of books and OA I wanted in the HA auction to go after these avengers and went thru a BUNCH of other tomclear the funds for those three avengers and didn't even get to bid!!!

Seriously, I'm so damn mad right now I'm 50/50'that this is my FDQ exit from the hobby! rantrant

Wow. Power outage!! What are the chances? Sorry Jason.... :sorry:

It's alright Jason. You never know, someone might offer you a gorgous Avengers # 1 or 4 tomorrow, and lo and behold, you'll have the cash to buy it. These things tend to happen for a reason. Maybe the reason is for you to take a step back and reevaulate your hobby, or perhaps its something else. Go hug your wife and son and don't give it another thought tonight.

Congrats dane! I know how much u wanted that 58!

I got completely screwed!!!

I had what almost definitely would have been the winning bid on the avengers 2 9.4, 3. 9.4 and 8 9.6. My power went out just over a minute before the 2 went off. By the time I found my phone and got online, I missed them all :censored:

Seeing how low they went, I want to puke! I'm sitting here in the dark trying tomdecide to laugh or cry. I'm so pissed right now, I can't even put it into words!

I passed on a LOT of books and OA I wanted in the HA auction to go after these avengers and went thru a BUNCH of other tomclear the funds for those three avengers and didn't even get to bid!!!

Seriously, I'm so damn mad right now I'm 50/50'that this is my FDQ exit from the hobby! rantrant

Wow. Power outage!! What are the chances? Sorry Jason.... :sorry:

Given my past experience, the likelihood of it happening is directly proportional to how badly your want to bid. I've had two complete auction failures when I was absolutely rabid for a book. By Jive is right. It all evens out in the end. As much as you think a book is one of a kind and you'll never see it again, there are always others and most books come back on the market in a year or two.

Thanks Jeff and everyone else pm'ing me. I know I've been a total to you so you'd be well within your rights to laugh in my face over this. You're a better man than me though so I appreciate the kind words (thumbs u

Really though, this is as close to a fatal blow to me as possible in the hobby. I wanted those books SOOOO bad and went thru a LOT to get them. To have this happen is just devastating! I know eventually others will come along but I also know that the way I am, I'll always be bitter over this. If I have to pay even a penny more than these went for, it'll just kill all the joy in getting them. I wanted them so bad and was so sure I had them, to have them snatched out from under me like this is a VERY bitter pill for someone like me to swallow.

This is a hobby for me and hobbies should be fun. After this, it's going to be a while before buying or looking at ANY comic is going to be fun for me :sorry:

It's alright Jason. You never know, someone might offer you a gorgous Avengers # 1 or 4 tomorrow, and lo and behold, you'll have the cash to buy it. These things tend to happen for a reason. Maybe the reason is for you to take a step back and reevaulate your hobby, or perhaps its something else. Go hug your wife and son and don't give it another thought tonight.

(worship)

perfectly put

Thanks Jeff and everyone else pm'ing me. I know I've been a total to you so you'd be well within your rights to laugh in my face over this. You're a better man than me though so I appreciate the kind words (thumbs u

Really though, this is as close to a fatal blow to me as possible in the hobby. I wanted those books SOOOO bad and went thru a LOT to get them. To have this happen is just devastating! I know eventually others will come along but I also know that the way I am, I'll always be bitter over this. If I have to pay even a penny more than these went for, it'll just kill all the joy in getting them. I wanted them so bad and was so sure I had them, to have them snatched out from under me like this is a VERY bitter pill for someone like me to swallow.

This is a hobby for me and hobbies should be fun. After this, it's going to be a while before buying or looking at ANY comic is going to be fun for me :sorry:

I understand your frustration. Nothing will completely take that sting away, but here's something that might help lessen the blow ever-so-slightly...

For all we know, the high bidder on these wanted them as badly as you did. Even if your power had been on and you had bid agressively, there's still no guarantee that you'd have won one or all of them. Depending on how deep the high bidder's pockets are and how badly they wanted these books, you could have ended up just putting more money in the consignors' pockets and still lost out.

If I have to pay even a penny more than these went for, it'll just kill all the joy in getting them.

Try to convince yourself that even if things went right, you would have had to pay a lot more anyway than what that bid went for. Or that others will see that sale, and the prices will drop and you'll still get a really good saving from the market drop.

Oh, and that noise you hear is all the people who have Avengers books submitted for consignment frantically calling the auction houses to pull the books until your return. Lots of little kids won't be getting their toys under the tree this year now. I hope you're happy. :P

Nonsense all around

I've been there and had power outage etc

With HA if you want it, do phone bidding! on a landline to be more sure

They will call you several lots before your junk, And it works well

Please believe me it's the best way when it has to happen,

Super sorry for your loss J

I got killed, Won 3 books out of 28 bids. WTF

listen to George. trying to manually snipe ComicLink is asking for trouble. put in your max bid and forget about it. if you don't have the high bid, someone wanted to spend more on it than you did.

take consolation that they aren't hard to find books, even with the pedigree requirement; there will be others

Thanks guys! Honestly, I think I'm done for awhile :sorry:

Some people on here who know me know the details but I can't even tell you all I've had to do and the books I passed on in the other auctions to get those avengers tonight. After all that, to have this happen and not even get to bid has taken ALL the fun out of it. Seriously, the thought of looking at ANY comic right now makes me want to puke!

I cannot believe what happened just now! FML!!! :censored:

Trust me just like most ASM's the early Avengers in High Grade are becoming very easy to see in most auctions now.

While I love my CGC 7.5 copy of Avengers 4 the book is common as dirt in HG.

My old copy :headbang:

I got this for a surprisingly good price.

RADA2B322011113_111737.jpg