• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post 'em if you Won 'em...C-Link, Heritage, and Pedigree.

428 posts in this topic

A 9.0 Marvel Tales 134 that I seriously wanted and thought could be had easily for 500  broke a thousand dollars.

Was watching that one.

I thought it could be had easily for a thousand dollars. :pullhair:

......that's a COOL book. An employer of mine once told me about a pile of comics he'd had since he was a kid.....rolled up in a couple of Charles' Chips cans in his attic. He had a lot of Atlas books in them and that one was there. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

There's a glut of material on the market right now...especially this month. I consigned a bunch of books to Clink a few months back and several of them are going to sit around until 2012 until an "opening" appears for that particular book/grade in one of their auctions. :frustrated:

The # of books continuing to appreciate in value appears to be shrinking, while the # of books depreciating in value appears to be growing. Blue chip and scarce items still do well, but everything else is stagnant or selling for less and less. Unfortunately, I appear to have gained a knack for buying "blue chip and scarce items" that become "everything else" within 6 months to a year. Five, ten years ago that wasn't the case, but these days it's like a bear chasing you up a tree... hm

Very true. And I see this trend continuing....

I think a lot of us like to analyze to see why books in HG are depreciating over recent years. Sure we can look at time of the year, page quality, competition of flooding the market with multiple online auction houses have big auctions ending at the same time, or the centering of the book.

Those of course can contribute the FMV decline, but I believe for examples of books below, especially in 9.4 & higher this statement holds true.

Hulk 181

ASM 121 122 129

Post 1965 Silver Age (Marvel especially)

As the number of CGC census copies for any comic book goes up in that specific grade the value will either stabilize or more than likely decline every year till the hits the stabilized FMV.

You can't expect with higher supply to have increased prices.

The CL auctions are proving that every month.

There's a glut of material on the market right now...especially this month. I consigned a bunch of books to Clink a few months back and several of them are going to sit around until 2012 until an "opening" appears for that particular book/grade in one of their auctions. :frustrated:

The # of books continuing to appreciate in value appears to be shrinking, while the # of books depreciating in value appears to be growing. Blue chip and scarce items still do well, but everything else is stagnant or selling for less and less. Unfortunately, I appear to have gained a knack for buying "blue chip and scarce items" that become "everything else" within 6 months to a year. Five, ten years ago that wasn't the case, but these days it's like a bear chasing you up a tree... hm

Very true. And I see this trend continuing....

I think a lot of us like to analyze to see why books in HG are depreciating over recent years. Sure we can look at time of the year, page quality, competition of flooding the market with multiple online auction houses have big auctions ending at the same time, or the centering of the book.

Those of course can contribute the FMV decline, but I believe for examples of books below, especially in 9.4 & higher this statement holds true.

Hulk 181

ASM 121 122 129

Post 1965 Silver Age (Marvel especially)

As the number of CGC census copies for any comic book goes up in that specific grade the value will either stabilize or more than likely decline every year till the hits the stabilized FMV.

You can't expect with higher supply to have increased prices.

The CL auctions are proving that every month.

I still blame the economy. Things will turn around, though. I wouldn't sell anything right now, unless I needed the money or received an unbelievable offer. Most comics won't "stabilize" at an FMV that is lower than the current market value. Superhero fanatics are born every day and will continue to represent a larger and larger percentage of our population for the indefinite future. Whether these folks will be interested in vintage comics, I don't know. Assuming that future generations will care more about history than we did, then future sellers should be happy.

Shut out on Heritage today and lost out on a high grade Atlas Sub-Mariner on C-Link. When I was selling mine I could barely find a buyer but now that I want to reacquire copies they are smashing records. :frustrated: Oh well time to find another book to buy.

That was a sweet copy....looked 9.0. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Legion of Super-Heroes got me into this wonderful hobby back in the early 80s. Never thought I'd be in a position to buy HG copies of key issues from its early run, but here I am, picking them up one by one. Paid slightly over GPA for this little beauty....

Superboy98.jpg

Showed this one earlier, but what the hell, fits the theme so here it is again...

Adventure340.jpg

no idea how much I overpaid but what the h ll

teenageromances31cgc70w.jpg

You did well. The same item sold on ComiConnect for $525.00 a couple of months ago.

wow. these baker romance books have gone crazy. remember when they could be had for little.

my other win. Not a huge Black Cat fan but kinda like the cover, went somewhat cheap.

blackcat24cgc94cowp.jpg

Black Cats are great bargains as far as I'm concerned. :applause:

It's a great series to collect. That is a great looking copy!