• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Scariest Movie Moment

280 posts in this topic

Excellent story. I'd like to see a ghost sometime...

I agree, an excellent story. It's a tough call on whether or not I'd want to see a ghost. Sure, it would freak me out, but in a way I'd almost like to believe that they do exist, and that the end isn't really the end.

It was weird, it wasn't scary at all. On the way home I was just like "Oh, that might have been a ghost". I always expected to be really freaked out if I saw something like that, but I wasn't. Maybe it was because I wasn't too near it.

The one thing that concernsme is that from most ghost stories I hear, the apparitions seem to be lost in the wilderness reliving a glimpse of their previous lives. That's a terrible way to live for ever and ever. frown.gif

893whatthe.giffrown.gif

Let's put it this way, if the concept of Heaven, hell and purgatory is correct, then these are the people stuck in purgatory. If you're a good person then you go to heaven, bad go to hell..........easy enough. However, what would happen to a person that a commits a terrible no-no like suicide, but is a good person otherwise. They don't deserve to go to hell, but get stuck in a purgatory type setting for a long long time reliving their terrible tragedy. If this is true, then it makes sense why most of these spirits don't mean any harm to us, since they were basically good people that made a unforgivable mistake. For instance, a mass murderer would go straight to hell and never see the light of day again, etc.

Sorry for my sign-rantpost.gif

Juon?( don't know if I spelled that right) the original japanese version of the grudge is a mutch better move the north american counterpart.

I have it on DVD. I'll watch it one of these days.

Another "B" level movie I liked (which was more suspenseful than scary), was "The Cube". The acting was a little over the top, but I loved the concept.

I liked it too. The sequel sucked the big one.

Great Scary Movies:

Don't Look Now

The Innocents

Audition

Nightmare on Elm Street (the original)

The Shining

The Innocents ! yay.gif

Also, the original The Haunting with Claire Bloom and Julie Harris.

The Haunting is great too, but most people know that. I've never heard many people mention the Innocents and it is a GREAT movie. One of the all time best ghost stories. It was based on the Turn of the Screw.

Another great Horror film- DEAD OF NIGHT!! An anthology of horror stories, you must watch it for the final story featuring Michael Redgrave and his wooden dummy and an ending to bring it all together. Truly great movie!!!!!!

Film threat hated "The Grudge 2".

I was all set to go see it after work, but now I'm having second thoughts. The funny thing is, I might go see it anyway, just because I'm in the mood for a horror flick.

Film threat hated "The Grudge 2".

I was all set to go see it after work, but now I'm having second thoughts. The funny thing is, I might go see it anyway, just because I'm in the mood for a horror flick.

Can't be as bad as "Pulse". That movie was horrible. frown.gif

"The Grudge 2" must not have been screened for critics. I can't find any reviews anywhere.

I read in the papers that it wasn't screened.

Never a good sign...

It got 8% on rotten tomatoes but I wonder how many didnt like the original.

What? Nobody was skeered by the chest popping scene in Aliens? 893whatthe.gif I almost soiled my armor!

If you read the first 10 pages of this thread, you'll see that scene mentioned by multiple posters. thumbsup2.gif

foreheadslap.gif I read it when the thread began and must have missed some posts, I thought that was a big oversight tongue.gif