• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2012 - AUGUST 23-26 in Toronto, Canada

248 posts in this topic

Will Neal Adams have a booth at the show, so we can get our books remarked or do we have to try and get them at the scheduled autograph lines?

Yes he will have a booth. Yes he will sign your books, first one is free but he charges an autograph fee for additional items. I don't think we are setting up signing area times for him, we didn't when he was last here (back in 2006).

Kevin I believe Neal charges to sign anything that will be CGC graded. His fee he charges is $10.00 per book.

Will you be selling more tickets for the Stan Lee Meet & Greet? As well, will you be preselling tickets for the Stan Lee signing or line bypass tickets?

No it was a strictly limited event which is now sold out, and I don't think so, no. Stan will have a devoted area, and his people will be selling autograph tickets and DWC will be there for SS opps.

Stan Lee onsite signing tickets will be available at the show. Just come to the DWC booth for details.

Will Neal Adams have a booth at the show, so we can get our books remarked or do we have to try and get them at the scheduled autograph lines?

Yes he will have a booth. Yes he will sign your books, first one is free but he charges an autograph fee for additional items. I don't think we are setting up signing area times for him, we didn't when he was last here (back in 2006).

Kevin I believe Neal charges to sign anything that will be CGC graded. His fee he charges is $10.00 per book.

The question asked did not mention Signature Series but yes, obviously anything for SS requires the $10 fee to Neal in addition to any other CGC-related fees, but all facilitators at the event are aware of that.

To clarify, for non cgc items, the first item is free and each additional item signed by Adams there will be a charge?

As well, for the Stan Lee signing, will there be an efficient way to get his autograph this year or do I have to stand in line for multiple hours like the previous time he was at the Fan Expo?

Will premium pass holders be able to enter the hall through the front of the convention centre or do we enter through the back and then lineup with the regular pass holders?

Lastly, will there be anymore announcements of guests and when will the schedule be posted?

Thanks.

To clarify, for non cgc items, the first item is free and each additional item signed by Adams there will be a charge?

As well, for the Stan Lee signing, will there be an efficient way to get his autograph this year or do I have to stand in line for multiple hours like the previous time he was at the Fan Expo?

Will premium pass holders be able to enter the hall through the front of the convention centre or do we enter through the back and then lineup with the regular pass holders?

Lastly, will there be anymore announcements of guests and when will the schedule be posted?

Thanks.

Adams: Yes, asked and answered previously. If not CGC, 1st is free, additional items he will charge a fee. And he will be at his booth pretty much all weekend.

Lee: you will probably have to stand in line with everyone else as that is the most efficient way for everyone attending the show to get his autograph.

Like last year, if you've pre-bought your pass (Premium, Deluxe and daily), you can pick it up early (or have it mailed to you) and enter through the main entrances to the south building as directed by the lines outside and by the event staff directing you inside.

(If anyone reading this plans to buy their tickets at the show, you will be directed to go down the loading bay ramps to the box office areas and enter through the rear of the convention.)

Beyond that, you should follow the instructions that are given on the printouts related to your passes, or on any correspondence you receive from the convention between now and then and you will be directed at the South Building of the MTCC at 222 Bremner Blvd. with signs and by staff.

The guest announcements are pretty much finished but there may be more guests announced between now and August 23rd. As for comic guests, we were recently given the list of Zenescope guests coming, as well as the additional of Layman and Guillory (courtesy of Branget), and they should be on our website soon. We're still waiting to get a final list from Aspen of who they are bringing. We have yet to announce the editorial staff attending from Marvel and DC (Dan Didio is coming).

Does anyone know if Tony Daniel, Greg Capullo or Frank Quietly charge for signatures non CGC & CGC?

If you wanted to submit it CGC Sig Series how do you do that exactly?

You require a CGC rep to witness the signing. I believe Mr. Kevin Boyd is the one you could contact for more info.

Zenescope has announced their Fan Expo Canada exclusives.

https://www.facebook.com/events/181098385352478/

Grimm Fairy Tales #76 Cover C

Grimm Fairy Tales #76 Cover D

Call of Wonderland #3 Cover C

And, if you received the Fan Expo Canada booklet in the mail this week, they announced some exclusives in there. I'll leave that to the Fan Expo crew to announce them on here.

And, if you received the Fan Expo Canada booklet in the mail this week, they announced some exclusives in there. I'll leave that to the Fan Expo crew to announce them on here.

When you say you received the Fan Expo Canada booklet did you mean something that came with the tickets? I just wondered as I have not received this booklet (nor tickets but I don't know if anyone has).

Some people have already been receiving their tickets according to our Facebook group.

We recently added Kaare Andrews.

Unfortunately Patrick Stewart has a filming commitment that has come up and will be coming to Toronto in March instead "with some friends" (according our release). In his place Trek fans have the option of meeting recently added guests Levar Burton and Kate Mulgrew. Anyone that purchased the Stewart Ultimate Package is being issued a refund.

Info on the comic exclusives (variants and lithos) should be made available online this week, work continues at the moment on finalizing the show schedule, which is being released on August 10th.

When you say you received the Fan Expo Canada booklet did you mean something that came with the tickets? I just wondered as I have not received this booklet (nor tickets but I don't know if anyone has).

It's like the program booklet, just without the schedules.

Stan Lee will have an on-site autograph ticket table at Expo in his autograph area. Stan has his own people who will run that table for him selling tickets. My educated guess is his autograph alone will cost $50 based on what has been charged at other recent events. For Stan Lee Signature Series pricing, please check with Desert Wind Comics, who will be at the event offering this service.