• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2012 - AUGUST 23-26 in Toronto, Canada

248 posts in this topic

Thanks Kevin.

I know there was plenty of discussion on this a few months back but has anything changed - will there be an actual CGC employee or submission person, like last year with Joe P, at one of the dealer booths?

Also 2 years ago did Stan last all four days? I intend on bringing the family on Sunday to meet the man himself and was wondering what you thought.

No actual CGC employees at this show.

Three approved CGC SS facilitators: Desertwind Comics, Comic Book Lounge and Gotham Central.

I know Comic Book Lounge and DWC have both indicated they are accepting books for all tiers (blue labels), not just SS.

As listed on the site, Stan Lee is Thursday, Friday, Saturday. From what I understand of it, his return flight on Sunday doesn't give him enough time to do any Sunday signings.

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/guests/stan-lee/

I was going by the link you provided in your earlier post which shows he is appearing on Sunday.

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/2012/forms/2012-COMIC-SCHEDULE.pdf

An error that wasn't caught by our proof readers before being posted on the website. Thanks for identifying that.

When will you announce Stan's signing times on the Thurs, Fri & Sat.

I won't be announcing Stan's signing times. Stan has a devoted section in the Celebrity Signing Area (Autograph Area X) and his people have indicated that he will be signing at his table all three four days when he's not at his Q&A or on a break.

Note: According to DWC, he is only signing at the Meet & Greet on Thursday. No signings at his table that day.

I was going by the link you provided in your earlier post which shows he is appearing on Sunday.

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/2012/forms/2012-COMIC-SCHEDULE.pdf

An error that wasn't caught by our proof readers before being posted on the website. Thanks for identifying that.

Scratch that, he is now going to be at the show all four days, so it isn't an error. Guess he changed his flight.

From the site:

Tickets will be delivered between August 16-20, 2012 via Canada Post. If you are not at the “ship to” address to receive your package, you will be left a Canada Post Delivery Notification which will give you directions on how to pick it up.

There you go, between August 16-20. The 16th is Thursday.

When will you announce Stan's signing times on the Thurs, Fri & Sat.

After discussing the schedule with Stan's office here is some more information.

Thursday: Stan will only be doing a VIP event. No public signing will take place on that day.

Friday: Schedule should be announced by 8/17.

Saturday: Schedule should be announced by 8/17.

Sunday: Stan will be doing one public signing Sunday morning. The exact schedule should be announced by 8/17.

Signing tickets are currently available for purchase HERE. Prices on signing tickets have been adjusted to $53.00 USD to compensate for the Canadian exchange fee charged by Canadian credit card companies when purchasing in US dollars. Onsite tickets will be $50.00 CASH (USD or Canadian) if available.

Hey everyone,

Since we're just under a week away I would love to hear from some of the dealers and get an idea of what people are bringing to the show.

I know this is not the "Want to Buy" section, but I thought I would put this here anyways as it is specific to the expo. I hope I do not upset anyone.

Personally, I'll be looking for a variety of CGC X-Men books, specifically issues 12, 15 and most issues from 95 - 110 (see my sig line below).

However, I think I will be more on the lookout for an Uncanny X-men Omnibus. If you will have one for sale please let me know. I would also be interested in the G.I.Joe ARAH tpb - issues 6 - 8.

Send me a PM if you have anything listed above.

Thanks!