• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2011 Un-Official Secret Santa What you got thread !!

278 posts in this topic

From CHEETA……Today, I got a super wickedly badazz present! Vintage Spanish miniature fairy tale comic books from…way way waaaaaaaaaaay back. They almost seem pre-golden age, I could be wrong, but they are sweeeet! Thank you Cheeta, this present was insanely sickkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!

I'm glad they finally got there! These things are so uber-cool. Some may date as early as 1900 and I think all of them qualify as Platinum Age. I hope you enjoy researching them as much as I did!

Wow !! And I hope you speak spanish :wishluck:

I am going to catalog these puppies properly...Spanish is my first language...thanks again!! I am super stoked... (thumbs u

Nice!!! :headbang:

Yo that' what I said...schhhweeet! :headbang:

After weeks being gone traveling to see family, I wanted to thank Norin Radd for his awesome Secret Santa gift to me!!! An Awesome Batman 686 Sketch Cover SS cgc 9.6 signed by Andy Kubert! Such an awesome gift! Thank you so much!

Also special shout out and thanks to all of you guys who put this together! Such hard work does not go unnoticed! So thank you guys! And sorry for being so late in regards to responding. Poor mom doesn't even have cable, let alone internet lol.

More Christmas cheer :banana:

Wow !! Thats some good stuff. All christmas covers too.... even the Pogo.

And thanks for posting a pic Doc. We seem to be a little light in the SS Christmas pic area this year :(

Winner for the best wrapping paper job of 2011 goes to my Secret Santa. Package came from the UK so I can't wait to open this and find out who my Secret Santa is.

:cloud9:

ssgiftcgc.jpg

Props for the wrapping go to djc81 (Daniel) who I purchased the present from him but he wrapped the gift in that cool paper (thumbs u and shipped it from England to Brendan in time for Christmas!! :banana: Thank you Daniel for making two people very happy this year!! (worship)

My gift arrived today. :banana: Express package in postal limbo Since Dec 12.

Nicely wrapped package that included some cool 50s comics that I can't wait to

read and a copy of The Ten Cent Plague that has been on my must have list.

Thank you cloudofwit/Scott for a lovely gift and thanks for repeatedly checking

in to see if it had arrived. You hit it out of the park.

Pics to come.

Seeing you post about your belated gift, reminded me that I never followed up on the rest of what you sent me. :)

A copy of GOT, which I do not have btw. I bought everything after that because I had already seen Season 1 on HBO, so it was really nice to read the book and see what was left out, and what that added. How it all began.

And a set of Mega-Magnets!

Which I would take a photo of, but I put them on the side of my leaf casting table. And nobody has seen that.

Know that I enjoy them while working now.

Thanks Dave , for everything.

Ellen and Trevor put on a "concert" Christmas day with the Peanuts Band. My in laws could not help but laugh as Ellen placed them about the room , all proud when they played together.

Seeing you post about your belated gift, reminded me that I never followed up on the rest of what you sent me. :)

A copy of GOT, which I do not have btw. I bought everything after that because I had already seen Season 1 on HBO, so it was really nice to read the book and see what was left out, and what that added. How it all began.

And a set of Mega-Magnets!

Which I would take a photo of, but I put them on the side of my leaf casting table. And nobody has seen that.

Know that I enjoy them while working now.

Thanks Dave , for everything.

Ellen and Trevor put on a "concert" Christmas day with the Peanuts Band. My in laws could not help but laugh as Ellen placed them about the room , all proud when they played together.

Good to know Kenny. The first book of GOT is a wonderful read. I didn't

enjoy the rest of the series nearly as much.

Sounds like Ellen and I have a similar maturity level. We had Christmas dinner

and I scattered my Peanuts band around the room and 'entertained' the family.

So is it time to do another Secret Santa yet? Damn this one was the most fun I have ever had doing one. This board is superior to pretty much any other collectible board out there. (thumbs u

Yeah this place is pretty cool. :cool:

I was kind of bummed when I didn't get anything from my Secret Santa...but my present came in the mail today. All I can say is wow. I'm not one to brag but my Secret Santa deserves some praise (I still don't know his board name). Thanks and here's what I received...

A complete run or Wolverine Origin

2012-01-05175454.jpg