• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pressing

361 posts in this topic

You can call it pressing, restoration, conservation, Implants, Billy-Jo, or whatever you want. It's most certainly manipulation and that's ok! Just not in my collection.

I 100% agree. (thumbs u

I'm pretty sure you would both be more than happy to have these in your collections...

mm4.jpg

allstar3.jpg

ddhitler.jpg

mm33.jpg

whiz19.jpg

superman9.jpg

Not really a G.A guy,but if they were pressed I would not want them.

More for us.

I personally would only want to have the All Star #3 in my collection.If I had the opportunity to have one that was pressed or one that wasn't I would opt for the unpressed.Nothing wrong with people who press their books,just not for me.

More for us.

I personally would only want to have the All Star #3 in my collection.If I had the opportunity to have one that was pressed or one that wasn't I would opt for the unpressed.Nothing wrong with people who press their books,just not for me.

MMC #33 would be the one for me.

I understand what you are saying. If I had the opportunity to have one that was owned by an exterminator or one that wasn't, I would opt for the one that wasn't owned by an exterminator.

The chemicals they could be indirectly exposed to COULD have a harmful effect on paper.

I know the jury is still out on whether those could be harmful, but there is enough of an "if" factor for me to want to avoid those books. There's nothing wrong with exterminators owning books, it's just not for me.

im not going to get in on the if it is resto or not debate.

what i can say about pressing is that i have had more then a few books pressed by joeypost.

of the books he has pressed i have never had one drop grade. and the majority of them have had nice grade bumps.

i dont flip books. most books i buy are for cgc ss. i cant thank joey enough for helping my books look better.

More for us.

MMC #33 would be the one for me.

Daredevil battles Hitler for me. I really like that book.

I understand what you are saying. If I had the opportunity to have one that was owned by an exterminator or one that wasn't, I would opt for the one that wasn't owned by an exterminator.

The chemicals they could be indirectly exposed to COULD have a harmful effect on paper.

I know the jury is still out on whether those could be harmful, but there is enough of an "if" factor for me to want to avoid those books. There's nothing wrong with exterminators owning books, it's just not for me.

Now your just being silly. :insane:

More for us.

Oakman, how many slabbed books do you own? If you own any type of slabbed key or semi-key, there is a good chance you own a pressed book and don't know it.

More for us.

Oakman, how many slabbed books do you own? If you own any type of slabbed key or semi-key, there is a good chance you own a pressed book and don't know it.

I own 65 slabbed books,not many I know.Most of my books are raw.