• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A week for RMA

363 posts in this topic

You've got to know when to hold 'em,

Know when to fold 'em,

Know when to walk away,

Know when to run.

I really hope that's not RMA as a shill, he's got to be smarter than that.

Transplant posted in a journal and didn't even make a shill and got 2 more weeks for it.

I don't understand why people fight for no reason. I am having trouble figuring people out lately. I come here for escape from the a-holes and j-holes in my day to day life.

This just makes me sad.

Big +1

Has the world started spinning backwards lately?

WTF is going on with everyone?

I've got negative five points coming my way.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

No, but maybe he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

If he did he would not have started this thread.

If he did he would not have started this thread.

Maybe he wanted -5 points.

I think CGC gave RMA a strike in an effort to take the attention off their new pricing tier.

Looks like the plan is working well. hm

brilliantguinness.jpg

Well... You do realize that you could've had all that "peace and harmony" by simply having him (or anyone else that is upsetting you in any way) on ignore, don't you? I don't get it...

Let's say you're in a crowded public park and you see a man walk up to another man, get in his face, and start berating him for no reason. Everybody around just watches it and does nothing, and it goes on and on, ruining the enjoyment of the park for a large number of the bystanders. According to your argument, the people witnessing this are totally wrong to object to what's occurring, and their only valid recourse is to take earplugs to the park and turn their heads away. And according to you, all the responsibility falls on those people and none of the responsibility falls on the person causing the scenario to begin with.

These are two men, right? Not a man and a child, or a man and a smaller child, or a man and a disabled smaller child? lol

Were you staking out said miniature child with binoculars and a parabolic microphone in order to know that what was happening was "for no reason"? Because I think that might be illegal. :eek:

Or did someone shine the Bat-Signal in the sky? :grin:

I've got children, I don't need to swoop into the rescue of other adults because their grammar, or spelling, or bullet point position is being questioned and debated. I think an adult, who entered into the conversation voluntarily and has the ability to walk away, put their opponent on ignore, or otherwise grow a pair will probably survive the encounter. I am not laughing at you, but that analogy of the park is giving me the giggles.

At least he didn't write a novel length example this time explaining his opinion.

:baiting:

The other option is to continually argue back and forth as you know some personalities will not ever back down...in this case, RMA being one of them and those that oppose him being the other side of the same conversation and equation.

The essential difference is that one person is actually abusing, trolling, and picking fights, and the other person (or people) are responding and objecting to it because it makes the boards a crappier place for everybody. Just ignoring it is not the solution because it allows the problem to persist for everybody. The person abusing gets to keep abusing and all the responsibility is placed on the shoulders of the people who are non-abusive. That's completely backwards.

That analogy of the park is giving me the giggles.

The analogy stands. I don't see any actual counter-argument in your response, unless you are actually going to deny that there can be abusive behavior in message forums.

Did RMA go off on a rant threatening physical violence and releasing personal information that I missed? I saw some really annoying back and forth. I saw a ton of people engaging in it. Did something else happen?

If this was the same annoying garbage I saw the last few days it was merely annoying fighting and that's it. Grown men don't need other grown men to save them from a discussion.

Absent physical threat or danger I don't know where people get off thinking they in in a white knight scenario. It's actually pretty insulting to the guy on the receiving end of the argument you mention, to assume he really can't handle it for himself.

If you think what went on here was actually abusive language then I feel you've never seen the real thing. It's a mega-ton worse and identifiable on sight.

I saw a ton of annoyance and zero "bullying" or "abuse". The fact that we are even throwing those labels on the arguments that went on here makes me think this forum needs a chromosome count upon first registration.

Is that more clear?

The next week will be a relief to my eyeballs and I'll be glad to make the most of it. It'll probably be the closest to peace and harmony that the CGC boards ever get. :cloud9:

Well... You do realize that you could've had all that "peace and harmony" by simply having him (or anyone else that is upsetting you in any way) on ignore, don't you? hm

Seriously, If someone bothers you so much, why do you even bother to read his posts? Why subject yourself to all this "torment"?

I don't get it... (shrug)

Masochism and/or machismo

The other option is to continually argue back and forth as you know some personalities will not ever back down...in this case, RMA being one of them and those that oppose him being the other side of the same conversation and equation.

The essential difference is that one person is actually abusing, trolling, and picking fights, and the other person (or people) are responding and objecting to it because it makes the boards a crappier place for everybody. Just ignoring it is not the solution because it allows the problem to persist for everybody. The person abusing gets to keep abusing and all the responsibility is placed on the shoulders of the people who are non-abusive. That's completely backwards.

I am so glad I picked "abuse" in the forum "most frequently abused word lottery" for today. (yes I see what I did there.)

That 1 week coupon for Ham of the Month Club is mine! :acclaim:

Well... You do realize that you could've had all that "peace and harmony" by simply having him (or anyone else that is upsetting you in any way) on ignore, don't you? I don't get it...

Let's say you're in a crowded public park and you see a man walk up to another man, get in his face, and start berating him for no reason. Everybody around just watches it and does nothing, and it goes on and on, ruining the enjoyment of the park for a large number of the bystanders. According to your argument, the people witnessing this are totally wrong to object to what's occurring, and their only valid recourse is to take earplugs to the park and turn their heads away. And according to you, all the responsibility falls on those people and none of the responsibility falls on the person causing the scenario to begin with.

Fail.

Did RMA go off on a rant threatening physical violence and releasing personal information that I missed?

Actually, yes, he did make insinuating threats.

Grown men don't need other grown men to save them from a discussion.

That's not even remotely close to what I am saying. But I will say that grown men who stand by and do nothing are not grown men. Nor are grown men who are incapable of taking responsibility for their own behavior, or for placing the responsibility where it actually belongs.

It's actually pretty insulting to the guy on the receiving end of the argument you mention, to assume he really can't handle it for himself.

"He can't handle it for himself" is not a premise of the argument and it's irrelevant anyway. The conflicts should not be instigated to begin with. In any case, please show me an example of a person on here who has said it was insulting in any instance where another person chimed in on that person's side of a conflict.

If you think what went on here was actually abusive language then I feel you've never seen the real thing.

If you're incapable of seeing ongoing trolling as a form of abuse then I don't know how to explain it to you.