• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A week for RMA

363 posts in this topic

Probably....but RMA isn't here to get the button humpers lathered up. So it could go on as long as "AF #15 Deadbeat Bidder". (shrug)

Did RMA go off on a rant threatening physical violence and releasing personal information that I missed?

Actually, yes, he did make insinuating threats.

Grown men don't need other grown men to save them from a discussion.

That's not even remotely close to what I am saying. But I will say that grown men who stand by and do nothing are not grown men. Nor are grown men who are incapable of taking responsibility for their own behavior, or for placing the responsibility where it actually belongs.

It's actually pretty insulting to the guy on the receiving end of the argument you mention, to assume he really can't handle it for himself.

"He can't handle it for himself" is not a premise of the argument and it's irrelevant anyway. The conflicts should not be instigated to begin with. In any case, please show me an example of a person on here who has said it was insulting in any instance where another person chimed in on that person's side of a conflict.

If you think what went on here was actually abusive language then I feel you've never seen the real thing.

If you're incapable of seeing ongoing trolling as a form of abuse then I don't know how to explain it to you.

I just had a five minute conversation with my 9 year old son about his dream that he was at school and went through a portal to the planet OA and started making Green Lantern rings. Long story short, the story ended with him tangoing with a girl from his class. He's nine.

That five minute story was based more in reality than your thesis on bullying that you had to have copied from your Psychology textbook your freshman year in college.

By the by, after your thesis on bullying, you trolled your way through that thread after RMA. Cop out. Cop out. Sound familiar. Go back and look for the definition of hypocrite.

I just love reading all the posts from the RMA apologists or defenders. If he wasn't doing anything wrong, he'd still be here and this thread would not exist. :sumo:

So your argument is mute. He was trolling. He's abusive to noobs and non-noobs alike. He's an equal opportunity forum annoyance. All those here who think he can do no wrong...I can't understand your perspective. From my first day on this forum, RMA has stood out as the comics general bully. Others are also in that camp but not nearly as much as him and the sad part about it is he really seems to enjoy that role here.

Plus, I think getting kicked off a forum as an adult is pretty sad. If you act like an adult, you won't be given a strike and vacation. End of story.

In before the lock.

I just love reading all the posts from the RMA apologists or defenders. If he wasn't doing anything wrong, he'd still be here and this thread would not exist. :sumo:

So your argument is mute. He was trolling. He's abusive to noobs and non-noobs alike. He's an equal opportunity forum annoyance. All those here who think he can do no wrong...I can't understand your perspective. From my first day on this forum, RMA has stood out as the comics general bully. Others are also in that camp but not nearly as much as him and the sad part about it is he really seems to enjoy that role here.

Plus, I think getting kicked off a forum as an adult is pretty sad. If you act like an adult, you won't be given a strike and vacation. End of story.

In before the lock.

Please point me to the posts where you act like an adult.

I'll hang up and listen to your response.

The other option is to continually argue back and forth as you know some personalities will not ever back down...in this case, RMA being one of them and those that oppose him being the other side of the same conversation and equation.

The essential difference is that one person is actually abusing, trolling, and picking fights, and the other person (or people) are responding and objecting to it because it makes the boards a crappier place for everybody. Just ignoring it is not the solution because it allows the problem to persist for everybody. The person abusing gets to keep abusing and all the responsibility is placed on the shoulders of the people who are non-abusive. That's completely backwards.

I am so glad I picked "abuse" in the forum "most frequently abused word lottery" for today. (yes I see what I did there.)

That 1 week coupon for Ham of the Month Club is mine! :acclaim:

did somebody call me? :shy:

That five minute story was based more in reality than your thesis on bullying that you had to have copied from your Psychology textbook your freshman year in college.

Offering an opinion without articulating the reasons for that opinion doesn't add much to the discussion.

By the by, after your thesis on bullying, you trolled your way through that thread after RMA. Cop out. Cop out. Sound familiar. Go back and look for the definition of hypocrite.

You are correct, I wrote that RMA had copped out because he kept responding to my substantive messages (by "substantive" I mean that "I wrote them myself and they contained logical arguments in direct response to his points") by repetitive posting a quotation from comix4fun. I think you'll have to do some logistical backflips to explain how that fits the definition of hypocrisy. To wit: Where did I say that nobody should ever respond to another person's posts with a relevant comment? I'll answer that for you: I didn't. I specifically called out RMA on his excessively aggressive and hostile behavior, which is a different matter entirely. Sorry if you think those are "big words" that come from a "psychology 101 textbook," or whatever, but I can't help it if all you've got is a weak attempt to mischaracterize my analysis rather than an actual rebuttal to what I really said.

Offering an opinion without articulating the reasons for that opinion doesn't add much to the discussion.

You are correct, I wrote that RMA had copped out because he kept responding to my substantive messages (by "substantive" I mean that "I wrote them myself and they contained logical arguments in direct response to his points") by repetitive posting a quotation from comix4fun. I think you'll have to do some logistical backflips to explain how that fits the definition of hypocrisy. To wit: Where did I say that nobody should ever respond to another person's posts?

Class of '09, eh? That explains a lot. :idea:

So what you are saying is every time you see 1 or 2 or 6 guys all laying into one guy you feel the need to defend the one guy?

No, that's not what I said and it is nowhere implied in my message.

So what you are saying is, if you see a guy being bullied, you should step in and help him...unless it's RMA?

There were between 6 and 12 people following every single one of RMA's posts and threads and jumping down his throat. Should RMA have kept up the debate? No. Should RMA have walked away? Probably. Would you or I or anyone else respond in 100% the right way every time with that many people chomping at the bit to attack us? I highly doubt it.

There aren't many logical ways to reconcile your analogy, and your expectations of what it means to be a "man", with how you've responded to and handled RMA.

The thing you are missing, the thing you can't admit, is that if anything RMA said, or did, or baited, or provoked, or trolled, or annoyed the person in question with was really all that bad he could have EASILY ignored RMA and walked away.

Ignoring someone that's "abusing" :eyeroll: you in this forum is as easy and 1-2-3, a quick toggle of ignore and the person's comments disappear and so does the conflict.

Without the fuel, there's no fire. Without engaging, there's no fight.

The guys who have been here for going on 10 years, and have seen real and actual abuse and threats happen know this to be true, and are facepalming in unison.

It's a mistake to think you can read some posts on a monitor and think you know the first thing about who a person really is. You may be a friendly nice family man, or you may be a relentless knob, I have no way of knowing which is right until I take the time to get to know you as a person. Have you done that with RMA, with anyone here?

[font:Book Antiqua]Some of the reasons RMA it’s so annoying..

It’s because:

1) its craving attention

2) And trying to collect points.

you can see when a thread it’s near to be close

he begin to post anything

trying to get the last 3 positions on the thread

and get all the points...[/font]

:eyeroll:

In before the lock.

Please point me to the posts where you act like an adult.

I'll hang up and listen to your response.

Here you go:

Complimenting someone like an adult:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=5281109&Searchpage=1&Main=242092&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5281109

Providing feedback on the CGC increase and not to use PGX

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=5283303&Searchpage=1&Main=242130&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5283303

Buying a comic like an adult:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=78&Number=5280413&Searchpage=1&Main=242075&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5280413

Being outraged someone was robbed:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=4&Number=5283325&Searchpage=1&Main=242148&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post5283325

Providing a grade in PGM forum:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=50&Number=5278283&Searchpage=2&Main=242009&Words=Mark+1&topic=0&Search=true#Post5278283

Notice a trend DiceX? Not one derogatory comment directed towards a forum member. Not one insinuation someone is less than others on this forum.

Perhaps you can learn from it and shut your inflated pie hole. Instead of trying to make yourself look good and act like RMA, maybe you can contribute more to this forum instead of taking pot shots at people. Now grow up.

When I see someone "abusing" someone else... I feel like I should help put a stop to it.

Not a minority opinion probably either... It's called doing the right thing.

In before the lock.

My argument is not mute...I can hear it just fine. lol

No one's apologizing for anything and certainly no one is saying RMA did nothing wrong.

However, hanging onto an argument too long, being too strident, feeling attacked when so many people come at you at once is something I have seen plenty of people be guilty of on this forum. He didn't invent it, and he didn't even perfect it.

And if being annoying was strike-worthy there are plenty of guys on this list tjat should be challenging Reggie Jackson for the all time record by now.

Frankly, you're wrong about acting like an adult and not getting a strike. Why don't you ask Transplant about acting like an adult and getting a week off anyway. Mike's a reasonable, friendly, honest, and forthright boardie. Someone with a grudge against him button humped until he got railroaded.

Absolutes don't work in the real world.

Looking at the ends and reverse engineering the details is a mistake.

[font:Book Antiqua]Some of the reasons RMA it’s so annoying..

It’s because:

1) its craving attention

2) And trying to collect points.

you can see when a thread it’s near to be close

he begin to post anything

trying to get the last 3 positions on the thread

and get all the points...[/font]

:eyeroll:

points are overrated :eyeroll:

When I see someone "abusing" someone else... I feel like I should help put a stop to it.

Not a minority opinion probably either... It's called doing the right thing.

Absolutely, without a doubt.

I think the problem arises in the varying definition of what abuse is.

I don't think disagreeing with someone is abusing them. We've all seen the real thing, right here on this forum.