• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackstar...now adding bad taste to lobotomy pricing...

174 posts in this topic

For the record I would like to say that I have had a thorough argument with this guy through ebay message.

I told him what he was doing/why he is a horrible dealer. He begged me to continue to allow him to bid on my auctions.

He is banned from bidding on my auctions and from using my CGC SS facilitator service.

In my opinion this is what all SS Facilitators/dealers SHOULD do.

BRAVO!!!! I couldn't agree with you more!

Sean, I'm going to do the same thing----his name is Emlio from Camp Hill PA---two years ago I did some s/s for him and didn't realize who it was at the time.

I just found his email and contact info burried in an old exchange.

I haven't done anything for him in 2 years, but now that I know exactly who this is, I won't be doing anything for him again .

Since you can't drop books at the CGC booth anymore, if all the formers agree to not help him again, we can put a stop to this.

<3 Mr. Furious has spoken. <3

<3 <3 Furiously. <3 <3

As in, he had it listed for $6000 and then raised it to $10000 or he bought it for $6000 and is trying to sell it for $10000?

he won it like 1.5 years ago for around $380...last listing was $6.000 and now he raised it to $10.0000.

Okay. Haha. I looked at that book and my immediate thoughts were not, "Now THERE'S a multi-thousand dollar book if I ever done did see one."

Here are some examples of "questionable" aka FAKE autos.

It looks like he adds Stan to books that have authentic signatures to lead the buyer into thinking that the Stan Auto is real.

He seems to stick with forging Stan, Joe Q, John Romita and Michael Turner

http://www.ebay.com/sch/blackstarcomics/m.html?_nkw=stan+lee&_trkparms=65%253A16%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1&rt=nc&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CIVIL-WAR-FRONT-LINE-STAN-LEE-MICHAEL-TURNER-STEVE-JOE-QUESADA-/260936691273?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cc109ee49

As in, he had it listed for $6000 and then raised it to $10000 or he bought it for $6000 and is trying to sell it for $10000?

he won it like 1.5 years ago for around $380...last listing was $6.000 and now he raised it to $10.0000.

Okay. Haha. I looked at that book and my immediate thoughts were not, "Now THERE'S a multi-thousand dollar book if I ever done did see one."

Wow...I think all comics have now a 50% discount.

i always assumed he was just using ebay to showcase his books, and not really expecting anyone to buy at those prices

This is what i always thought. No way anyone is stupid enough to think they can sell books at those prices.... :screwy:

i always assumed he was just using ebay to showcase his books, and not really expecting anyone to buy at those prices

This is what i always thought. No way anyone is stupid enough to think they can sell books at those prices.... :screwy:

In all seriousness, my brother and I were just talking about this two days ago. We agreed that this was a "Hey everyone! Look at my shtuff, ain't it cool"...in my mind there is just no other explanation.."I love this book, the only way I would sell it, is if someone gave me...mm, I don't know, maybe like 30,000 dollars".....

:o

For the record I would like to say that I have had a thorough argument with this guy through ebay message.

I told him what he was doing/why he is a horrible dealer. He begged me to continue to allow him to bid on my auctions.

He is banned from bidding on my auctions and from using my CGC SS facilitator service.

Sean, I'm going to do the same thing----his name is Emlio from Camp Hill PA---two years ago I did some s/s for him and didn't realize who it was at the time.

I haven't done anything for him in 2 years, but now that I know exactly who this is, I won't be doing anything for him again .

Since you can't drop books at the CGC booth anymore, if all the formers agree to not help him again, we can put a stop to this.

Thanks to all who are taking a stance - we would all obviously love to see his listings stop!

Just a quick question about the statement quoted in bold. I thought you could still drop off prepped books for sig series at the booth at a con, so I'm assuming he could still do that if he's going to a con CGG attends?

Just a note that I spent some time on the phone with Blackstar, the other day, explaining the negative impact his listings have on the collecting community as well as our understanding of the perceptions of creators. I explained DWC's position in this matter and that he needs to resolve these issues if he wishes to continue to submit books to DWC for specific signings. He expressed his feelings but he was ultimate told what needed to happen as far as DWC is concerned. Sharon and I do not want to see any creator misled by situations such as this and ultimately result in a creator’s refusal to sign for his fans in the collecting community. It is our wish to be able to continue to provide to those in the collecting community additional signing opportunities with many of the great creators we have had in the past. Thank you.

I'm not trying to be a RICHARD here, but, if you knew/previously had knowledge of what he was doing, why did you accept submissions from him to begin with, knowing that HE is damaging the relationship between creators and CGC?

Thanks to all who are taking a stance - we would all obviously love to see his listings stop!

Just a quick question about the statement quoted in bold. I thought you could still drop off prepped books for sig series at the booth at a con, so I'm assuming he could still do that if he's going to a con CGG attends?

Our understanding from CGC, is that if you wish to get your books signed at a show, you must have a CGC witness (CAW) walk with you to see the books signed by the creator. CGC will no longer allow customers to just "drop" books off for CGC to take and get signed. The customer must now get a witness at the CGC booth to walk with the customer to get it signed. If customer's do not wish to get the signatures themselves, they must go through an Authorized CGC Facilitator to get the books signed for them. But ask Joe Pierson for comfirmation on that.

I'm not trying to be a RICHARD here, but, if you knew/previously had knowledge of what he was doing, why did you accept submissions from him to begin with, knowing that HE is damaging the relationship between creators and CGC?

Are you asking just us that question Adonis or is that question being asked of everyone who accepts books? Because there are/were others on these boards who do/have done business with Blackstar.

As for DWC's position. It is NOT DWC's place to tell others how to conduct their own business. But once the way one conducts business causes creators to stop signing for his fans, and that has an effect on DWC being able to get customers books signed then DWC has the right to address such matters.

An example would be that DWC would not tell you, Adonis, that we will not business with you because you get sketchs done at a show. But if you were altering those sketches and then selling them and the creator who originally drew those sketches said they would not sketch for anyone anymore then we would need to address that problem with you and hope to see it resolved. But in the meantime, we would choose to no longer do business with you until the issue is resolved.

In the past, members of the boards have questioned Blackstar's methods but it was still just that a member questioning his methods. But now that creators have come forward to state their position, that has a different effect on all of those in the community.