• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Apple Comics up for auction

71 posts in this topic

I posted this up three days ago, I think it's a good deal and we have been in business since 1979...this is ridiculous, if you have any questions just PM me....we could work out a deal if you have serious offers.. ;)

It's a legitimate sale, but the details are reserved for the serious bidders only. If you are seriously interested in the store, I can put you in touch directly with the owner of the store. If I had the credit or cash available, I'd consider it myself. :)

Joel

It actually looks legit. Though the price actually is lower than I would gave expected. My guess is there's a good amount of debt that you get too.

That looks legit to you? In that case:

I HAVE AN ACTON #1 FIRST SUPERMAN. VERY GOOD SHAPE. ONLY READ ONCE. $2,000,000. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, TALK TO STEVE - MY FRIEND'S BARBER'S UNCLE, TWICE REMOVED. HE KNOWS ALL ABOUT IT. PAYPAL ACCEPTED.

It actually looks legit. Though the price actually is lower than I would gave expected. My guess is there's a good amount of debt that you get too.

I HAVE AN ACTON #1 FIRST SUPERMAN. VERY GOOD SHAPE. ONLY READ ONCE. $2,000,000. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, TALK TO STEVE - MY FRIEND'S BARBER'S UNCLE, TWICE REMOVED. HE KNOWS ALL ABOUT IT. PAYPAL ACCEPTED.

:takeit:

Twice removed?..are we talking Jake or Ned, cuz' last I heard, they traded that book for a half-eaten PB sammich.....they tricked Old Man Joey, heard the damn thing wasn't even real :frustrated:

"Richard Corben Original Art - at least two pieces - there may be more!"

:popcorn:

This sounds more like a chase auction than a sale. :baiting:

People. Seriously. Let's do this! :applause:

Why not? It can work with the right business model. Somebody buy it and we'll turn it into the greatest comic store on Earth. And our Online presence will be Out of this World! Everywhere. We'll give Chucky a run for his money immediately.

C'Mon, who's with me?

Let's buy Golden Apple! I live a little over an hour away. I'll put in the time.

Why not? It can work with the right business model. Somebody buy it and we'll turn it into the greatest comic store on Earth. And our Online presence will be Out of this World! Everywhere. We'll give Chucky a run for his money immediately.

C'Mon, who's with me?

Let's buy Golden Apple! I live a little over an hour away. I'll put in the time.

Count me in for a $25 share. I expect 40% off my pull, and all comics I order get bagged and boarded.

look at the seller's name and feedback score of 1897. These kinds of businesses are often sold through a broker, just like the listing indicates. Have you ever thought of looking at a shop? I've dug into it a bit. Small businesses are sold sort of like real estate.

What makes you think this isn't legit?

If I lived in LA area, I would seriously investigate this. For sale for first time in 32 years means the owner is probably thinking about retiring. The name is established. Yes, the price seems a little low, but I'll bet if you dig on the financials it is probably about right, if not a little high.

I dug into buying an established shop walking distance to my house a couple of years ago, but the owner was deluded. He wanted on-going franchise fees and too much cash up front.

Any former shop owners on here who can weigh in with thoughts?

C'Mon, who's with me?

Yeah, we are well known on here for our calm, reasoned pursuit of consensus, we could definitely all agree on how to run a business :roflmao: