• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feb Heritage Auction

612 posts in this topic

Cap 113k....good buy
mitch my friend, here is why I disagree...a couple of years ago, a 9.2 (at time, only and highest), sold for 100K on ebay I believe.... 2 years later, there are now 2 cgc 9.2 and 2 cgc 9.4....if a year from now a 9.6 pops up and sells for 150K, then the 9.4 today drops to half that (just as the 100k 9.2 has dropped to 50K or so, from its sale price years ago, due to more high end copies coming to market)...

so, I would be wary paying this much for this copy... I liked it at 75K, at 113K, it is likely going to cost the buyer money long , though it is possible it doesnt... you just have to be willing to lose that money and just enjoy the book!

3mil at 135 books......gator might be hard to find in that condition and if you did they would take this price into consideration...
but did this buyer at 113K take into consideration the 9.2 that sold for 100K (shrug)

my guess is someone will try to press (and maybe succeed) a 9.6 one of these days...

no doubt it is RARE in this condition, but cap 2 is not rare, and buyers at that end of the spectrum for a non mega key, just makes me nervous paying that much...just my 2c

Paying "top census" prices when there's plenty of inventory and room for higher grades to be discovered or manipulated (pressed or just re-subbed) is a very scary game to play if you have any sort of goal of investment protection (which may not be on some/many buyers radar)

I'm guessing the seller is getting some of it. But it's what the book sold for, regardless of who receives the proceeds. That's what the buyer is paying.

Yup.

Billys gonna break 3mil wow

is this before or after the juice? shouldn't add in the BP since the seller isn't getting it.

don't make me take off my belt.

:banana:

Billys gonna break 3mil wow

is this before or after the juice? shouldn't add in the BP since the seller isn't getting it.

price "paid" is determind by the buyer (regardless of the components that make up that final "cost"), so it absolutely is part of the sale prices realized (thumbs u

Billy collection will have a kick of added value as time goes on......that helps you get though the tough times.
Really? What's been the recent history with new pedigrees or collections offered through Heritage or elsewhere? I think Jive is right on in saying that people go nuts at Heritage and then the books get resold later for a loss in a lot of instances.

lou fine has been saying the same thing, and they're both right.

The "parrino effect"? hm

Someone once posted a list of books that Gary K. took a bath on.