• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feb Heritage Auction

612 posts in this topic

Here is my top 5 for the whole auction:

#5 Captain America # 1 6.0

You will not lose on this book ever, the book is going one up...and that is one way. A solid copy and a solid investment of a true classic.

#4 All-American #16....in this condition, page quality, a rare chance to to get a very high quality book, I think is undervalued, this book in my opinion at least 250K with white pages.

#3 adventure 61....yes adventure 61...white pages, bid only 2400, mile high copy is restored, BUT a sleeper...it gonna get lost in the auction

#1/2 Cap 2/3...let me say this, you get one shot and only one shot as undervalued classic GA in this condition once in a lifetime. Cap 2 is the Action #7 of this title and people forget that.....

You will not lose on this book ever, the book is going one up...and that is one way. A solid copy and a solid investment of a true classic.

#4 All-American #16....in this condition, page quality, a rare chance to to get a very high quality book, I think is undervalued, this book in my opinion at least 250K with white pages.

#3 adventure 61....yes adventure 61...white pages, bid only 2400, mile high copy is restored, BUT a sleeper...it gonna get lost in the auction

#1/2 Cap 2/3...let me say this, you get one shot and only one shot as undervalued classic GA in this condition once in a lifetime. Cap 2 is the Action #7 of this title and people forget that.....

I am suprised Action #1 didn't make the list.

So am I. All of the major superhero keys are getting way too little attention. We really ought to discuss those a lot more instead of the obscure titles that none of us seriously believe will be good investments anyway. Personally, I consider Detective 27 the most important comic ever published and now is the time to get one since it will get way too expensive soon.

So am I. All of the major superhero keys are getting way too little attention. We really ought to discuss those a lot more instead of the obscure titles that none of us seriously believe will be good investments anyway. Personally, I consider Detective 27 the most important comic ever published and now is the time to get one since it will get way too expensive soon.

Hee hee

(worship)

tek 27 had back cover problems and some kind of rot....i would be careful on that one and the key to this book is white pages.......adventure 61...that is IF the price is RIGHT and it gets lost in the auction, which it might

Detective 27 = 1st Batman, whom everyone on the planet has heard of and billions are fans..

Adventure 61 = 1st Starman, whom a few hundred people have heard of (but, oh, that page quality)

It is at 2400 bucks right now if you pick it up for say 3k, I think it is a good buy...do not think you can compare them, but what is YOUR top 5 after looking over the auction and do you disagee with my other picks BC.

Many of these high price secondary keys and titles appear to be falling by the wayside as collectors are focusing in on the primary keys and the primary titles. I believe this trend is going to continue on into the future.

On the other hand, some of the really hard to find books that you never see come into the marketplace such as some of the low price early Centaurs are just going right through the roof. A lot of diamonds in the rough here and you just have to be able to find the right one. hm

On the other hand, some of the really hard to find books that you never see come into the marketplace such as some of the low price early Centaurs are just going right through the roof.

:(

I had hoped I'd be able to snag a Star or two. About the only thing I'm still high on are some superhero book I know I won't win...

Oh well, it was fun to play.

Quick question - I got some outbid notices an hour ago on books where Internet bidding is closed. And the live session hasn't started yet right? How was someone able to bid? Was it proxy bids that they run next morning or something similar? Thanks!

Quick question - I got some outbid notices an hour ago on books where Internet bidding is closed. And the live session hasn't started yet right? How was someone able to bid? Was it proxy bids that they run next morning or something similar? Thanks!

Bidders with "Legacy" status can continue to bid on the internet after internet bidding closes for regular members. Legacy bidders can bid via internet for about another hour.

Legacy clients can bid on the internet right up until the auction starts. You gotta spend some bucks to be a Legacy client, though.

Legacy clients can bid on the internet right up until the auction starts. You gotta spend some bucks to be a Legacy client, though.

You oughta know Mr. Moneybags. :baiting:

Well, another Heritage Signature auction is going to come and go without me winning anything. Only two of my bids survived last night, and just by the skin of their teeth; they are sure to fall in the Live Bidding event. Guess its time to start focusing on the C-link auction.