• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2012!

1,155 posts in this topic

Someone should go claim a table in the Westin Bar on Thursday night as the CGC table :lol:

I might just do that.

hm

Someone should go claim a table in the Westin Bar on Thursday night as the CGC table :lol:

I might just do that.

hm

:( soooooo many better (and much cheaper!) places than the hotel bar!

I don't know the area very well but I love Charlotte. The host hotel bar usually works because that is central for most people. Chicago (Wizard World in Rosemont) always has the local Hyatt bar loaded with boardies and dealers.

Do you have any other suggestions for places that we can take over?

:devil:

Walking distance from the Westin? I'd try Dandelion Market on 5th b/t Church and Tryon, Phil's on 5th b/t Tryon and College, Aria on Trade b/t Tryon and College (definitely get a reservation), or the multiple bars in Latta Pavillion (across Tryon from Wachovia 1... entrance b/t Rite-Aid and Salsaritas... opens up to a semi-outside area down toward Church with bars on either side), or even Stool Pigeons on the corner of 6th and Church.

That Westin bar is just soooo expensive and doesn't offer much special. I guess it's definitely fun for running into the random creator or two tho... but I usually try to save that for Saturday night. :)

Then again, I'd still just go to VBGB in the NC Music Factory for the outside Patio, picnic tables, cornhole, giant chess, ping-pong, and giat jenga, even if it requires a shared cab. :) (2 miles from the Westin)

Mortimer's in the EpiCenter has turned out to be a pretty decent place to hang out if you're not into clubbing, which is all the rest of the EpiCenter is (except maybe Black Finn)... everything uptown can be hit-or-miss on the weekends tho depending on what you're looking for....

Mac's BBQ and the Icehouse are also a few stops south on the light rail + about 2 blocks walk from the station... (if Mac's would also recommend reservation depending on the size)

Brixx on 7th b/t College and the stadium is also usually a cool place to go, and they are good at accomadating large groups

Oh yeah! Big Ben's has moved down this way too... just south of the East/West light rail stop

The Westin bar is really more for running into the creators than anything. They seem to flock there.

But Schmakt is right - that place is fetarded expensive...

I bought a friend and myself a couple of dry martinis

and these 2 drinks alone cost around $45 - WTF Over!!!!

A $300+ tab each for a table is just crazy talk.

:insane:

The Westin bar is really more for running into the creators than anything. They seem to flock there.

This is also a hotel that charges for internet access in the room and has, what - $25 valet parking?

This is also a hotel that charges for internet access in the room and has, what - $25 valet parking?

It is expensive.....................but it ROCKS!!!! :headbang:

No denying that. Could've saved hundreds staying somewhere a few miles outside of downtown, but the experience of staying in the Westin is worth it.

30 second elevator ride with Perez and Wolfman? Sure, I'm ok with that. :ohnoez:

No denying that. Could've saved hundreds staying somewhere a few miles outside of downtown, but the experience of staying in the Westin is worth it.

30 second elevator ride with Perez and Wolfman? Sure, I'm ok with that. :ohnoez:

:whee: